Cut-Weld-Drive Forums

Cut-Weld-Drive Forums (http://volksrods.com/forum/index.php)
-   The Cutting Board (http://volksrods.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   The Southeast Corner (http://volksrods.com/forum/showthread.php?t=14202)

bugdust December 24th, 2006 04:00 PM

The Southeast Corner

I've noticed that sometimes those of us in the SE hi-jack threads with our local chit-chat. So, I figured we needed a thread just for the "local" stuff.

So, I'd like to extend an open invitation to anyone local to stop by to shoot the shit, work on your rides (or mine :grin: ) or whatever. Maybe one weekend a month we could get together at different places and help each other get our junk up and running or whatever.

Let me know when and where guys. I'll have my shop up together eventually :hmm: with a few tools, a good size compressor and a welder.

...or this thread could die a slow and horrible death and disappear?:funny:

57Drag December 24th, 2006 04:04 PM

Re: The Southeast Corner

When the shop is done I will bring some VW related tools and shit over there also.....

bswilly December 24th, 2006 04:40 PM

Thats a GREAT idea! Especially it always seems to be my goddamn threads that get hi-jacked:finger: :funny: :finger:

Jon December 24th, 2006 04:53 PM

Hey, Bswilly get the fuck outa here.:funny:

I have suggested this many times and have even tried a thread like this once before, but anyway, lets give it shot one more time.:thumbsup:

As far as the one weekend a month thing goes, yeah that would be great but, coordinating something like that might be a pain in the ass. What we should do is make a notice as far in advance as possible. That way everyone can make plans.....

Also this thread would work great for a lot of reasons, some for just cutting down on PM's. That way for instance when I need to talk to Donald then I could post in here.....

Steve December 24th, 2006 04:57 PM

If you guys decide to setup a meeting each month, let me know what it is (first saturday of the month, the 15th of each month, etc) and I can program it into the Calendar for you so it shows up in the "Coming Events" section at the bottom of the forum.

Jon December 24th, 2006 05:02 PM

Merry Christmas Steve, That would be cool.
By the way My brother in law showed me the add in HVW's and was telling me he thought "they build Volksrods". So I told him if you go on that site, in the forum... if you see Jon it's me.:funny: I told him that I had been here for a long time, since the beginning.... anyway, he's gonna sign up. He's gotta a chopped Turbo Ghia.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...20show/061.jpg

bugdust December 24th, 2006 07:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jon

Also this thread would work great for a lot of reasons, some for just cutting down on PM's. That way for instance when I need to talk to Donald then I could post in here.....

yeah, especially when Donald never cleans out his mailbox:hmm:

Non-SE people can post here, too. Just another thread on the forum but also a place where us SE guys can keep our crap together.:thumbsup:

bugdust December 26th, 2006 07:35 PM

Alright locals, when do you want to try to get together and work on some shit? I usually need a week or two notice for weekends, less if it's at my house:hmm:

57Drag December 26th, 2006 07:39 PM

Need to slap them springplate extensions on my Oval.And your pile needs some love also.

Jon December 26th, 2006 07:42 PM

Donald,
I need to know who you were talking about that bent tube for you and you just just stuck it together.

I may be to that point quickly and the plan is to get that damn buggy to the Beaches show even as rolling project. But I really wanna drive it in primer at least.

57Drag December 26th, 2006 07:47 PM

275 Hammond Blvd
Jacksonville, FL , 32254-3404
Address Map
Phone: 904-786-7261
FAX: 904-786-3041

It's on the westside near I10 and Lane

bugdust December 26th, 2006 07:57 PM

I'm driving the slammed 64 to the beaches show with a totally redone pan & suspension.:thumbsup:

Jon December 27th, 2006 03:27 AM

So Donald do you know them ? If so could you help me out with them. I am not sure what to ask for... Do they supply Tubing or is that something I gotta pick up and bring to them.
I also gotta figure out transporting it all as well.

skint-up December 27th, 2006 09:56 AM

All you guys are in the most southeast territory ,some peeps like Jon, know that i am alittle North of ya.Though i hope yall can come together as one kreew of motley individuals. Later from th A-Town

Jon December 27th, 2006 11:03 AM

Peeps like Jon ? Since when am I a Peep and what is that anyway ?

hal December 27th, 2006 11:09 AM

i dont know either .. but it does make you sound a little cuddy there Jon:love:

Scott H December 27th, 2006 11:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jon
Peeps like Jon ? Since when am I a Peep and what is that anyway ?

http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i5...eps-yellow.jpg

Jon December 27th, 2006 11:14 AM

Oh so I am squishy and covered in colored sugar sprinkles.:thumbsup: I always wanted to do that.:funny:

purplemyth December 27th, 2006 11:21 AM

Quote:

All you guys are in the most southeast territory
there are several in GA. we are just the quiet ones~
oh, and Jon is anything but a peep! :funny:
but we still :love: him
carry on se guys~ someday I'll get brave enough to venture back that way,,, on turkey day maybe

Jon December 27th, 2006 12:08 PM

You should swing down for Bugjam or maybe our Beaches show in April. Bugjam is much better and you probably wouldn't wanna miss that.

purplemyth December 27th, 2006 12:42 PM

now that the bay is actually running decent, and it's mostly down hill from here, :funny: we want to do that, it's only about a 3 hr drive from here.
we're starting to do interior mods now, just as long as the t4 idea stays away for awhile :funny:
but I will let you know when we're coming, or you'll just know it when you see us :grin:

57Drag December 27th, 2006 01:14 PM

They have the tubing.I can help you measure what you need and they will bend It.Let me know 3 weeks,2hrs and 34 second ahead of time so I can be ready:wacko: .

Jon December 27th, 2006 02:35 PM

I am gonna get lift kit mounted and stretch the Buggy Body, once done It will be time to take measurements. Should be too much of a problem. I hope to flip the chassis over tomorrow and MS coat the underside.

I'll let you know And I will likeley need help with it anyway.

bugdust December 28th, 2006 03:28 PM

It looks like I'll be off this weekend if anyone wants to work on their crap.

hal December 28th, 2006 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bugdust
It looks like I'll be off this weekend if anyone wants to work on their crap.

sure .... come on by , need help putting the body back on :dancing:

we start drinking beer a 12 noon , so dont be late:stoned: