Cut-Weld-Drive Forums

Cut-Weld-Drive Forums (http://volksrods.com/forum/index.php)
-   The Cutting Board (http://volksrods.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   How did you get to volksrods.com? (http://volksrods.com/forum/showthread.php?t=664)

speedfreak February 8th, 2005 08:04 PM

I saw a picture of a Volksrod on Franklin's websit and it had a link to this site. I haven't been the same since. you all are not only crazy, you have awesome cars and ideas, I like that [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/cool.gif[/img]

Ray-Dean February 9th, 2005 06:19 AM

I got here through Runtrod, got there through BugNaked. Damn it's a tangled web we weave. I've been to other places, but none come close to the bashing one gets here.

Stevie Fierce February 9th, 2005 06:54 AM

i was at a local show polishing my original paint when dan climan walked up to me from behind, threw me in a headlock and told me where to go!

jaransonT3 December 5th, 2005 12:29 PM

My good friend, Brian Fye (1slo3), pointed me over here at the beginning of this year. Thanks alot Brian! Like I didnt already have too many place to waste time on the computer. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/funny.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/funny.gif[/img]

Hard to believe it has only been less than 11 months since I signed up. Great forum, great people.

blacktruck December 5th, 2005 12:44 PM

Somebody on luvtruck.com mentioned the site.I had seen a free bug about a week before and had been thinking of what could be,that one disappeared but I was hooked.

now it seems like all I do is weld and wrench

oldvolks December 5th, 2005 12:47 PM

I followed the yellow brick road.

bean_8044 December 5th, 2005 01:13 PM

I was linked over from some cheerleader site. All of the girls in the pictures are over 18....

ThrasherBill December 5th, 2005 01:22 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(bean_8044 @ Dec 5 2005, 01:13 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
I was linked over from some cheerleader site. All of the girls in the pictures are over 18....
[/b][/quote]

Got a link? [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin.gif[/img]

ThrasheR

bean_8044 December 5th, 2005 01:28 PM

To Volksrods? Try www.volksrods.com [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumbsup.gif[/img]

ThrasherBill December 5th, 2005 01:29 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(bean_8044 @ Dec 5 2005, 01:13 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
some cheerleader site. [/b][/quote]

[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink.gif[/img]

ThrasheR

cybernotchback December 5th, 2005 01:32 PM

Bobnotch sent me here. Best bunch of volks I've met yet.

FlatFourVW December 5th, 2005 02:56 PM

I was here way earlier than when I actually registered, I know that. I think I found this during STF's heyday or from Nick's site that I stumbled onto.

Turbo Punk December 5th, 2005 03:20 PM

VWFanatic pestered me for a while to join. I lurked around for a couple years and and got sick of being a passenger. I wanted to drive!! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/driving.gif[/img] Thanks Dan. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumbsup.gif[/img] ....Tim

amrcnbadaz December 5th, 2005 04:25 PM

saw the website mentioned in a magazine many moons ago. and now it is a daily ritual for me!

panhead_pete December 5th, 2005 04:33 PM

Many many years of drug and alcohol abuse. Now that I'm straight and sober I'm starting to pay for all the fun I dont recall having.

johnintulsa December 5th, 2005 10:17 PM

Saw the Hidalgo Stinkbug in Hot VWs(? - or Trends [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/Idunno.gif[/img] ) and started searching internet for more, found socalook first and then I found my home here at Volksrods, lurked for while then I started [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/Sawzallsmiley.gif[/img] and joined the crew.

KK916 December 5th, 2005 11:58 PM

A friend of mine was making fun of "this site with a bunch of posers trying to make there volkswagens into hot rods" and I asked him what the site was and fell in love.......all I need is a project car and I can be a poser too [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/rollingeyes.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/funny.gif[/img]

Ray Iddings December 6th, 2005 05:29 AM

I was COMMANDED BY GOD TO GO TO...no wait.....

I WAS COMMANDED BY GOOGLE!

checking out pics one day thru google images , saw Pistol petes car...done!

-RAY

purplemyth December 6th, 2005 08:40 AM

<span style="color:#993399">I followed a member from samba who told a guy with a custom dash in the works to show over here, and felt better here . I love the ideas you all throw around and the stuff ya'll do! And it's more family like here too ,, all that coziness [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wub.gif[/img] </span>

<span style="color:#993399">yeah, the badgering too [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/funny.gif[/img] better than tv most of the time!</span>

purplepeopleeater December 6th, 2005 09:43 AM

I believe i found this site off of walts webpage......I saw his supercharged engine and i was like [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/Dancing.gif[/img]

Back then newbies got burned at the stake when they asked stupid questions....now they get treated fair and like family................... [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/yelling.gif[/img]

awwe i love you guys

[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wub.gif[/img]

MadDog December 6th, 2005 09:49 AM

I collected a couple bugs just a year ago and started lurking around the web for mid engine stuff to do to them. saw islo3's from another site than saw it here. that kept me lurking till i saw Walts rod. that got me signed up and hooked on volksrods! great rides guys. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/driving.gif[/img]

carcentric December 6th, 2005 09:54 AM

A post on another hot rod board (non-vw) said "You gotta see this!"

The poster was referring to the runtrod.

From runtrod site to volksrod site to buying a bug . . .
:sawzall:
:welder:

kbuby December 6th, 2005 10:23 AM

From Zenjoe´s web http://www.geocities.com/zenjoe/vw.html [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/Dancing.gif[/img] .

Dertybert December 6th, 2005 12:17 PM

ckd. Don't know how I've not found the site sooner.............................. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/Idunno.gif[/img]

69vwfan December 6th, 2005 01:35 PM

I found this site when I saw Nick's dash on The Samba. THANKS Nick!