Cut-Weld-Drive Forums

Cut-Weld-Drive Forums (http://volksrods.com/forum/index.php)
-   The Cutting Board (http://volksrods.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Things that make you say.... WTF? (http://volksrods.com/forum/showthread.php?t=37689)

Ray-Dean April 8th, 2014 01:55 PM

Re: Things that make you say.... WTF?

Why do people say they'll melt when it's raining (insinuating they are sweet and made of sugar), yet sugar doesn't totally dissolve in liquid and eventually settles out...?

Ray-Dean April 8th, 2014 01:57 PM

Since the 80's music from the 50's was considered "the golden oldies"... When will music from the 80's be considered "oldies", and what will music from the 50's be called then?

hotrodheb April 8th, 2014 02:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ray-Dean (Post 573272)
Why do people say they'll melt when it's raining (insinuating they are sweet and made of sugar), yet sugar doesn't totally dissolve in liquid and eventually settles out...?

Are you sure they are not melting in reference to the wicked witch of the west?:Idunno:

bugboy2110 April 8th, 2014 02:56 PM

why do we drive on a parkway and park on a driveway?

JiI April 8th, 2014 03:19 PM

How stupid do you have to be??????
http://www.tcmag.com/magazine/fan_re...eing_cancelled
Jeff

alykat April 8th, 2014 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JiI (Post 573277)
Jeff

Jeff, don't pick on the poor girl. She obviously has the mental growth of a two year old.

bugboy2110 April 8th, 2014 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JiI (Post 573277)
Jeff

BAHAHAHAHA!!!!! that just made my day

amrcnbadaz April 8th, 2014 04:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ray-Dean (Post 573269)
Why were there more American Motor Company vehicles sold/bought in Canada than the U.S.?

I had never heard that before. Where did you get that from? If it is indeed true... obviously them Canadians appreciated innovation. :thumbsup:

SCOTTRODS April 8th, 2014 05:24 PM

Usually when I say I cant wait for something, it's someone to show up, so I go on about what I wanted to accomplish... but I do understand the sentiment... Saying "I can't wait for the new Star Wars Movie to come out!" is pretty stupid... because you truly have no choice.

unclefargo April 8th, 2014 05:49 PM

I love it when something happens and the brain dead say "I can't (or don't) believe it!" Why don't they just say." I have difficulty accepting reality!"

Ace of Shades April 8th, 2014 06:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ray-Dean (Post 573273)
Since the 80's music from the 50's was considered "the golden oldies"... When will music from the 80's be considered "oldies", and what will music from the 50's be called then?

Our classic rock station,is playing stuff I was listening to in highschool, (eg. metallica, STP, Primus and even some type -o- negative.) and our oldies "rock" station is now playing melloncamp, bonjovi, madona and disco. I refuse to believe I am old enough that what was "hip" when I was young is now "classic"

V8Transporter April 8th, 2014 07:33 PM

Our classic rock station,is playing stuff I was listening to in highschool, (eg. metallica, STP, Primus and even some type -o- negative.) and our oldies "rock" station is now playing melloncamp, bonjovi, madona and disco. I refuse to believe I am old enough that what was "hip" when I was young is now "classic"

Hmm. I remember STP (Super Thick Petroleum) as a oil additive. I had a light weight Primus stove for camping. If you want to feel younger, or less old, see Ray Dean's second post up above. I should mention that in my junior year of high school, the Beach Boys dropped by and played a couple of sets at our rally court...for free!

JiI April 8th, 2014 08:56 PM

I did a radio show for 18 months. WLRA 88.1FM LOCK 88 "The Hix Mix from 3 to 6". It was all 80's stuff. I had all the regular requests but I always threw something in there nobody knew or remembered. Michael Jackson Beat it? Easy. But let's see who remembers Living in a Box by Living in a Box. I played B sides and lots of unknown stuff. People would call in saying it was either crap since they never heard of it or wanted to know if it was a new release/ why was I playing new stuff on an 80's show.:chillin: I really miss doing it. We got away with so much stupidity on the air and in the studio. (manually remixing on a $$$$ cart player, unbalancing the $$$ turntable so it played some funky stuff, announcing the list of the seven dirty words, describing Michael Bolton's stuff as "music to get laid by" and assorted other antics...:wink:)
Jeff

JiI April 8th, 2014 08:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by V8Transporter (Post 573296)

Hmm. I remember STP (Super Thick Petroleum) as a oil additive. I had a light weight Primus stove for camping. If you want to feel younger, or less old, see Ray Dean's second post up above. I should mention that in my junior year of high school, the Beach Boys dropped by and played a couple of sets at our rally court...for free!

Gotta say Primus is an insane band, wicked bass work!:thumbsup: Kind of like a followup to the bass work from YES or Rush, maybe even Level 42.
Jeff

tattooed_pariah April 8th, 2014 09:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ray-Dean (Post 573269)
Why were there more American Motor Company vehicles sold/bought in Canada than the U.S.?

I always laugh because my "American" Challenger consists of parts that were made in Mexico, assembled in Canada and shipped to America :P

JiI April 8th, 2014 10:20 PM

Well, the Honda Passport was a rebadged Isuzu Rodeo with an engine made by Suzuki and a GM rear axle or a Dana 44 and built in Indiana.:Idunno:
A rat SUV?:unsure:
Jeff

amrcnbadaz April 9th, 2014 02:14 AM

WTF is up with certain people bitching about others when they buy a Japanese car. Had a customer at work do that lately. An "old timer". I politely told him things have changed. If you want a car built in America, buy foreign, if you want a foreign car, buy American. And it is unfortunately the truth.

Ray-Dean April 9th, 2014 03:49 AM

What's up with vapor sticks? I give two shits if it's helping you kick your three pack a day habit, your four year old has no business with it.

Why do they only interview the most retarded people present after a natural disaster?

Why have we become such a national of pansies that you can no longer cause a collision at home plate?

Why do our communities point out the incline in childhood obesity, yet continue tearing down city parks and athletic venues to build fast food joints?

V8Transporter April 9th, 2014 07:18 AM

Why is the lack of qualified 'hands on' talent bemoaned when shop classes are eliminated at Junior high and high schools?

Ray-Dean April 9th, 2014 07:32 AM

Why do birds suddenly appear...?

tattooed_pariah April 9th, 2014 07:37 AM

So I just realized the absurdity of my upcoming household goods move.. I'm an Active Duty Sailor, stationed at an Air Force Reserve base, who had to fill out forms on an Army website, so they could be processed by a Marine Corps base, and forwarded to a different Air Force base for completion... yeah, this should go smoothly....

bdouglas April 9th, 2014 11:09 AM

Every time,... you are near ???

JiI April 9th, 2014 02:01 PM

Oh sweet hell, is this going to turn in to a damn musical where everyone starts dancing and singing?????
Jeff

bigguy April 9th, 2014 04:54 PM

Why does a few okies love a baseball team from Boston but hate a team 200 or so miles away. Lol

Ray-Dean April 9th, 2014 07:13 PM

Because I'm Irish and they are Texicans...