Cut-Weld-Drive Forums

Cut-Weld-Drive Forums (http://volksrods.com/forum/index.php)
-   The Cutting Board (http://volksrods.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Dub-N-Aire is off the paper into the garage! (http://volksrods.com/forum/showthread.php?t=24996)

vwhabit February 5th, 2009 09:15 PM

Dub-N-Aire is off the paper into the garage!

4 Attachment(s)
I've been gathering ideas for years and finally started building my dream car. It's a "Roth/Starbird" combination where my imagination just took over. A Bubble Top Ghia with some small shades of '57 Chevy thrown in (fins somewhat resemble them - but I wanted a more rounded look; will reshape the wheel wells ala '57 style, but they will match the fins as well), some of the other mods include: duplicating the great ghia lines on the rear quarter panels onto the front quarter panels, extending the front fenders with dagmars where the headlights normally are, then putting headlights behind the front vents.

The interior is gonna be crazy kool - but I haven't been able to sketch it out yet - it's still stuck in my head - and if I try to explain the bubble wrap style seat covers - and chrome roll bar style door panels, etc, it won't make sense - but trust me they will be kool!

There are many more ideas I probably haven't come up with yet that will work themselves into this project - they always do! That's what's nice - no rules!

Here are the blueprints I came up with (remember, I'm no artist - but I have a vision (somewhat blurred though!):
Attachment 17930

So then I started....

Attachment 17931

Attachment 17932

Attachment 17933

Having a blast building the car I want - not doing it to please anyone else....... breakin' all the rules this time!

Mikelrome February 5th, 2009 09:21 PM

Re: Dub-N-Aire is off the paper into the garage!

I always felt the older type III front fenders looked 57 chevyish.

gowjobs February 5th, 2009 09:21 PM

I am so with you on this - look forward to seeing more. I have some articles I saved somewhere on blowing your own bubbletops...

vwhabit February 5th, 2009 09:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mikelrome (Post 378738)
I always felt the older type III front fenders looked 57 chevyish.

Agreed - in fact since I'm spilling my guts on my ideas - I always wanted to take a squareback and turn it into a mini '57 Chevy Nomad. Those front fenders, with the right headlight treatment are very close.

Seems like it would be pretty easy to do..... and loads cheaper than the "real" thing!

Mikelrome February 5th, 2009 09:27 PM

I was thinking you could graft a set on to yer ghia.

vwhabit February 5th, 2009 09:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gowjobs (Post 378739)
I am so with you on this - look forward to seeing more. I have some articles I saved somewhere on blowing your own bubbletops...

Excellent! I have pulled everything I could find for the last 3-4 years - but know I still don't know squat!

vwhabit February 5th, 2009 09:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mikelrome (Post 378742)
I was thinking you could graft a set on to yer ghia.

Yeah - I can see that in my head........but it didn't just knock me over and give me the warm fuzzies.....YET.

vwhabit February 5th, 2009 09:49 PM

5 Attachment(s)
Here are a couple more pics.....
Fitting the front to the rear...
Attachment 17938

Making the first big cut...no turning back now!

Attachment 17939
Attachment 17934

Moving the vents closer to the ground - My exhaust will be coming out through them - and '59 Caddy taillights will be filling the sunken taillight housings (big round holes)

Attachment 17940
Attachment 17941

Still have to fill the hole in the middle - and make a hide-a-way license plate setup that is flush with the body, then flips down when needed.

bigskizzy February 5th, 2009 09:51 PM

you didnt even show em updated pics of the rear end ya hold out...cars gonna be CRAZY. i cant wait to see it done :D

bigskizzy February 5th, 2009 09:51 PM

oh sure post em up while im typing :p

vwhabit February 5th, 2009 09:52 PM

Yer slow kid!

bigskizzy February 5th, 2009 09:54 PM

haha yea whatever...

hotrodheb February 5th, 2009 09:57 PM

Holy shit Mark....

That is bad ass!:bow:

cdscowboy February 5th, 2009 10:24 PM

Friggin awesome! Can't wait to see more!

Dungbug58 February 5th, 2009 10:32 PM

:bow::bow::bow:

Hebster52 February 5th, 2009 10:59 PM

Oh My!! This is great!!!:bow:

Steve February 6th, 2009 01:32 AM

THIS is what I'm talkin' about!!

Second set of pics made my heart jump... I'm SO stoked to see this one come about.

Don't get me wrong... I can look at nicely done fenderless rodded bugs all day long, but an all-out no-holds-barred custom reminiscent of those historic rule-shattering 50's kustoms straight out of the little books is where my heart really belongs.

Johns wild Type 3 project... and now THIS? Too awesome.

I'm going to enjoy watching this build VERY much. I have no doubt this is going to be one of those projects watched and talked about all over the globe, much like we saw happen with the KidVrod as it approached completion.

Right on, Mark. :bow:

yimbo February 6th, 2009 01:52 AM

I've thought about turning a fastback or squareback into a early 50s style car by raising the center of the hood and putting Ghia fenders on back.

bugdust February 6th, 2009 03:02 AM

Ooooh, oooooh....a full custom build! :dancing:

Looks great so far. I'll be checking this thread often.:thumbsup:

Ryan February 6th, 2009 03:53 AM

wow that is looking insane! love it!!!!

66 Shorty February 6th, 2009 04:09 AM

That certainly IS an Awesome Project! You do some great work there Bro!:bow::bow::bow:

vwfanatic February 6th, 2009 04:41 AM

woo hoo mark.....that is freekin awesome. cant wait to see the progress on this one.

fernon February 6th, 2009 05:09 AM

I like were this is going. I am a huge fan of the Build What You Want, FUCK Everyone Else mentality, after all just about everyone on this forum has this thought racing through their mind when they say they are building a Volksrod to a Samba Purists. Keep up the great work, can't wait to see this one on the road.

vwhabit February 6th, 2009 05:13 AM

2 Attachment(s)
So, as with any project like this, there are u-turns that are made. Think I ran into my first one with the rear hood vents. I made a jig and then made my first vent (they have to be a carbon copy of each other to look correct - harder than it looks for this old man!). I wanted to have the 3-D effect of the stock cooling vents punched into a bug/ghia but with the sizes that I desired, so I have to make my own. The hard part was making the ends which are critial to making the vents appear stock....So I tried using the stock vents and lengthening them - but my welding skills lack a lot to do all that welding w/o distortion on each thin piece. So I used round stock and tried to mate that to the end of the original vent piece (which had to be cut into individual pieces to achieve the staggered lengths - Jeez I'm a glutton for punishment!)

Here is what I got (remember, in this pic you are looking at the back side of the vent - still needs to be cleaner than it is here though!) -
Attachment 17943

Then I cleaned them up and set them on the car

Attachment 17942

I do not like my work on these so scrapped this idea and am currectly working on the replacement: Made 2 identical forms out of 3/8 round stock and will trace them onto the hood, cut a hole and weld them onto the back side (to give rigidity and the 3-D effect) then will make a grill out of 3/8 stock of all the different lengths that will fit into the opening.
That is the plan for this weekend....Keep in mind with my busy life that I only get to work on my car a couple hours a week....it's my "therapy time" ....and I need a lot of therapy! :funny:

grumpy February 6th, 2009 06:27 AM

:bow:

would look great in bare metal, show off the work.

keep it up, looks killer.

Scott H February 6th, 2009 07:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vwhabit (Post 378740)
I always wanted to take a squareback and turn it into a mini '57 Chevy Nomad. Those front fenders, with the right headlight treatment are very close.

Seems like it would be pretty easy to do..... and loads cheaper than the "real" thing!

That reminded me of this photoshop:

http://www.ramva.org/vwluvrs/photochop1.jpg

crazyman_stanley February 6th, 2009 07:22 AM

those are some crazy ass curves man! Keep it up! You're plannin on makin your own bubble? I think that will definately be a challenging part of the project

tattooed_pariah February 6th, 2009 10:01 AM

This build looks friggin awesome! Great work!

Turbo Punk February 6th, 2009 11:38 AM

Awesome job so far Mark!! I'll definatly be following this build.

YelLowBug February 6th, 2009 12:14 PM

Just when you think you've seen everything you open this topic:ohmy:
that's awsome, good job,

V8Transporter February 6th, 2009 12:25 PM

When I was a kid I was a big fan of the bubble topped customs. Your design is as fresh today as they were back then. Looks fantastic and can't wait to watch your progress:clapping::clapping::clapping:.

ThrasherBill February 6th, 2009 12:59 PM

I am loving this one. Right up there with John's type 3 sled for sure. The back end reminds me of Bill Hines' Bat.

http://blogsimages.skynet.be/images_...e0b6924478.jpg

And that's not a bad thing! :thumbsup:

Mikelrome February 6th, 2009 01:18 PM

http://i277.photobucket.com/albums/k...dz/shhht-1.jpgDude, I think I'll take a ghia, and put the front on the back.... And them make some fins.

This is stuff we thoughtabut when we were stoned. You are doing it for real. Nice stuff man.

carcentric February 6th, 2009 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vwhabit (Post 378736)

If the glass/plexi roof turns out to be too expensive, you could do a Double Bubble in steel like Abarth did:
http://gallery.italiancarclub.com/13780-2/DSC03869.jpg
:licklips:

Hapster February 6th, 2009 05:00 PM

It looks even better in the photos than in the drawings, that's fantastic!

vwhabit February 6th, 2009 10:32 PM

Thanx for all the back pats! It has me itchin' to get back out there and finish the next page of this comic book (not really a novel huh?).
I'm not good about sitting in front of the 'puter all night - I would rather be in the man cave pounding the metal into submission - so will respond to some of the comments now:
Look's like Bill Hines bat? WOW! to even be thought of in the same breath as BH has me blushin' big time!
Doubt I will try to blow the top myself, but I will make the mold. Got a great article from Darryl Starbird (my hero!) in the July 2001 issue of Custom Rodder on how to do it. With it bein' the focal point I want to make sure it doesn't look hokey - if my body work is rotten, but the top is pristine, it's ok - but if both are terrible - the car will be a laughing stock (I'm sure it will be to some anyhow!). If I can't afford it (if it costs over $5.63 to make, I'm in big trouble!), I have a plan "B" until I can.....2 motorcycle farings ala the Batmobile until I can afford the real thing....but I do like Abarth's idea on the metal bubble...hmmm...

Pulling the Rubber Chicken out from under the covers in the morning and driving it to the local street rod show to steal some more ideas from those unsuspecting billet boys. Why come up with your own ideas, when you can borrow someone else's, and then just put your own twist on them? "Sides - nothing is new any more - someone, somewhere has already done it!
Ok - 'nuf preachin' - looking forward to your idea's and criticism's (did I really say that?)

bigskizzy February 6th, 2009 10:47 PM

oh man 8 is gonna come early in the morning...how much does it cost to get it?

66 Shorty February 7th, 2009 02:01 AM

Are you forming the panels with an english wheel or planishing (sp?) hammer, or just forming as you go? They are looking Great! :bow:

grumpy February 7th, 2009 05:46 AM

all the talk of double bubble, i just had to

http://www.catacombscds.com/images/c...le_sticker.jpg

vwhabit February 7th, 2009 06:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 66 Shorty (Post 379108)
Are you forming the panels with an english wheel or planishing (sp?) hammer, or just forming as you go? They are looking Great! :bow:

All by hand - I have never seen those time saving tools in action 'cept on TV! Maybe someday.....I'm sure it would make everything come together quicker and cleaner!

matthewsuckerpunch February 7th, 2009 07:52 AM

maybe you could make a foam model of the area that is be the bubble top (the shape the bubble needs to be) and find a place that does vacuform. they could make one in like 10 minutes... just an idea

Al Low Ha February 7th, 2009 09:51 AM

Great concept and your well on the way to one Sweet ride! Great job! Little advice....don't forget to provide yourself "freshair" for the cockpit....gonna get warm in Da Bubble, eh! Rear grill idea is good! Don't give up on them.....how about a pair of 356 grills...hell of a lot easier to rework than making grills from scratch.... and would look like a match for the nose grills you got for your exhaust exits...just a thought.
I still have a ghia/squareback concept bouncing around between my ears...take that T3 Scott H posted and graft the roof/rear hatch onto a ghia....would be one sassy little wagon!
Keep up the good work and keep us informed....inspiring!
Aloha!

cuttinup February 7th, 2009 03:29 PM

Yeaaaa !!!! Kool new custom project! Looks great!

1slo3 February 7th, 2009 06:47 PM

here he comes, here comes Speed Racer...Medford isn't gonna know what hit it!

notched February 8th, 2009 09:18 AM

Dang Mark! I knew that you were workin' on a super secret project, but I had no idea... Looks killer man!!!

vwhabit February 8th, 2009 06:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Al Low Ha (Post 379206)
.....how about a pair of 356 grills...hell of a lot easier to rework than making grills from scratch.... and would look like a match for the nose grills you got for your exhaust exits...just a thought.

I thought about that - but just not exactly what I want. And if I'm gonna do this, I want what I want! (Kinda one way huh?)

Worked on the grills Saturday for a bit and think I finally hit the nail on the head (I've thought that before though!). Plan on making the garage scene Monday after work and knocking them out. Will keep you updated......

I appreciate the ideas though - keep 'um comin'!

You too could be included in this once in a lifetime momentous occasion of being included as the inspiration in the build up of the the most famous Karmann Ghia bubble top of all time - The Dub-N-Aire! Just by opening your mind and letting the words flow through your fingertips onto the keyboard below! You will go down in history as an honered contributor to this once in a lifetime build!

Was that too over the top??? :funny: Hey, I'm just havin' fun! I want you too too (two??) 2 22 ....never mind - have fun

bigskizzy February 8th, 2009 07:18 PM

call me when you get home...i wanna come see the grills

jaransonT3 February 8th, 2009 08:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vwhabit (Post 378796)

Car is looking great! I really love this shot of it. Nice work.:bow::bow:

One thought I had when looking at your concept sketch is that the bubble tops seem too high. I would think about just having some low wrap around windscreens. Would make it an open car, but would look so much lower.

vwhabit February 8th, 2009 09:07 PM

That's plan "B"...

gowjobs February 8th, 2009 09:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaransonT3 (Post 379632)
Car is looking great! I really love this shot of it. Nice work.:bow::bow:

One thought I had when looking at your concept sketch is that the bubble tops seem too high. I would think about just having some low wrap around windscreens. Would make it an open car, but would look so much lower.

The rule of thumb is that the greenhouse is half the height of the car's body (the body being two-thirds of the car's height and the roof being the other third). Of course, that's just a guideline - you have to be able to fit in the darned thing.

BTW: I've got an Abarth 750 Zagato double-bubble in my back yard right now that I'm storing for a buddy. He's finishing one at his restoration shop this week, too.

bigskizzy February 8th, 2009 09:31 PM

lemme know when you need some help pops....after all the work and time you have given to me i think its time for a little repayment

notched February 9th, 2009 02:04 PM

What day did you guys go to the hot rod show?

vwhabit February 9th, 2009 05:12 PM

Saturday morning - 9:00am had to much to do this weekend...it was th eonly time we could squeeze it in!

Dbug41 February 9th, 2009 07:44 PM

:bow:Congrats on being the Crazy Bastard!:dancing:

vwhabit February 9th, 2009 07:55 PM

1 Attachment(s)
WOW! Thanks! I want to thank my Mom and Dad,,,,and my manager, and uh...gee I never thought I would win....I mean, I would 'a prepared something....oh this is so embarrassing...
Do I have to buy everybody cigars or send a Pizza Hut pizza to everybody's house?

Seriously - Thanks!

I worked on some more venting tonight - think it looks pretty good (and I am my own worst critic!) ..thoughts?
Attachment 18015

Geez - it weighs about 11,000 tons! I won't have to lower the rear with 2 of 'um!

Ran out of 3/8" round stock...so have to make a metal run on lunch tomorrow....

hotrodheb February 9th, 2009 08:20 PM

Grille looks great! And could double as a bbq grill at a show!:dancing:

bigskizzy February 9th, 2009 08:40 PM

you accidentally neglected to call me :(

vwhabit February 9th, 2009 09:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hotrodheb (Post 379950)
Grille looks great! And could double as a bbq grill at a show!:dancing:

Oh yeah - this thing will be versatile! I can even use it as a storm drain cover if need be! Trucks can run over 'um without a single bend!:funny:

ThrasherBill February 10th, 2009 08:16 AM

Congrats on the CBOTM Mark, very well deserved! THe Rubber Chicken has always been one of my favourite full bodied rods and now this! The ghia is going to killer! :thumbsup::grin::thumbsup:

vwfanatic February 10th, 2009 12:58 PM

everything bill said.....times 2.....well except for the dinking part in his sig

vwhabit February 10th, 2009 09:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vwfanatic (Post 380065)
everything bill said.....times 2.....well except for the drinking part in his sig

Thanks - I feel the same way - not into the drinking scene.....

Got the second vent done tonight....planning on welding them in tomorrow night (if my plans aren't spoiled by a new grandson being born! - told ya I was an old codger!)...

kyle242gt February 11th, 2009 11:21 AM

excellent concept and progress! Impressive attention to detail, combined with utter insanity. I love it.

roofchop February 11th, 2009 03:56 PM

Well deserved CBOTM, I dig this project. Very cool. More photos please :bow:

vwhabit February 11th, 2009 08:59 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Got a little bit done tonight....one vent tacked in.
Purdy happy with it (I should be it took so darn long to figure out how to do it the way I wanted!) - Maybe more tomorrow......
Attachment 18029

I appreciate all the kind words and inspiration! You guys keep me stoked! Oh...I also appreciate the bad stuff too.(not as much though!).... but it does inspire me to do better.

vwfanatic February 11th, 2009 09:09 PM

that is pure insanity:bow:

bigskizzy February 11th, 2009 10:40 PM

wow...that looks amazing dad!!!! i cant believe how nice this thing is turning out....im so impressed and proud of you!!!

fishguts February 12th, 2009 01:31 AM

I'm enjoying the heck out of watching this thing come together. I'd like to see a couple big steaks on those grills!

I've seen some of Bill Hines' work up close, and some of the other big names in 50's-60's customizing - your vision and skills are right up there with them. Congratulations on CBOM.

This kind of stuff humbles me and gives me inspiration. :bow:

jaransonT3 February 12th, 2009 02:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vwhabit (Post 380479)
Got a little bit done tonight....one vent tacked in.
Purdy happy with it (I should be it took so darn long to figure out how to do it the way I wanted!) - Maybe more tomorrow......
Attachment 18029

I appreciate all the kind words and inspiration! You guys keep me stoked! Oh...I also appreciate the bad stuff too.(not as much though!).... but it does inspire me to do better.

The grills look great. Nice shape and proportion....

...one thing I might have done different is move them up the decklid a bit further to try to balance the space from the front edge of the lid to the grill and the space from the outside edge of the lid to the grill. More like this.

http://www.carartbyjohn.com/Artwork/GhiaGrills.jpg

I realize it is a little late since the one side is already tacked in, but just a suggestion from one artist to another.

Love waht you are doing with this one.:dancing::dancing: Roll it out and get a nice 3/4 rearview and I will do quick little rendering of it. I want to see what this thing can look like when done.

vwhabit February 12th, 2009 05:02 AM

My original thoughts were to have them up higher. But when I laid them out, it just didn't look right to me. I do like the rendering of it finished though! I may have to rethink it tonight.....
Next up is the reshaping of the fenders, so I will have to get a good long shot of it then, so once we have a day w/o rainI can push it outside and get a long shot for ya to work your magic.

Thanks fishguts on the compare to Bill Hines....but I'm not even in little league compared to his big league play!......maybe t-ball :funny:

vwhabit February 12th, 2009 09:46 PM

John - you were right! I tore apart the one I welded in last night and redid it tonight. Hopefully will finish it up soon and do the other side and take some pics.

Sharing my thoughts and ideas WAS a good idea!

bigskizzy February 12th, 2009 11:35 PM

i wasnt sold on it when you were describing it but looking at it in person totally sold me on it. this thing is gonna be nuts

fishguts February 13th, 2009 02:29 AM

Quote:

Thanks fishguts on the compare to Bill Hines....but I'm not even in little league compared to his big league play!......maybe t-ball :funny:
Well, that's my comparison and I'm stickin' with it!

I've been to scores of Street Rod Nationals and regional events and some Lead Sled Nationals and watched a build by about a half dozen big name custom guys and came to realize their work is about 90% vision and 10% craftsmanship. After seeing up close what they do, I felt a lot more confident in my own skills which I always thought didn't measure up. Quality work counts (and you do nice work), but things aren't as perfect as one might assume even in the best of the best cars. Everything looks better in photographs. The really great cars are an artistic vision that becomes a piece of rolling sculpture. I think that's where you are heading.:clapping:

vwhabit February 14th, 2009 07:34 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I took John's advice and relocated the grills today (my wife's presne to me!). They look much better I must say. You can see (for now) where I had to change the drivers side.
Attachment 18103

Most of you know about these, but I just found them this weekend - sanding discs that fit on my 4" grinder. I have been using grinding discs all along, and found they also have 4" cutting discs and now sanding discs! WOW! They both really saved me a bunch of time - and make my body work easy and look better. Funny how I just use the same old tools, the same ways and don't open my eye's! I used the old drill and screw-on sandpaper adapter until last year!

bugdust February 14th, 2009 07:42 PM

:bow::bow: Not much I can say about this one.:thumbsup:

vwfanatic February 14th, 2009 07:47 PM

how the hell am i supposed to go to sleep now with a hard on?:hmm:

Hebster52 February 14th, 2009 09:50 PM

Good decision to relocate them further up. I thought just the same as John too.

ThrasherBill February 14th, 2009 11:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vwfanatic (Post 381219)

At least you won't roll out of bed!!! :grin:

Perfect grill location Mark! :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

What have you got planned for a final stance? Please, please, please tell this thing will be dragging tail!

57Drag February 15th, 2009 06:04 AM

You might want to build a rain diverter/catcher under those vents.It will keep water off the motor and make the vents look 1000 times better not being able to see the firewall inside.Now get back to work Brother:thumbsup:

Mikelrome February 15th, 2009 06:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vwfanatic (Post 381219)

You'll be OK as long as it doesnt last more than 4 hours.

Cat Box February 15th, 2009 03:47 PM

it is looking really good.

oh and it has been bright and sunny at the top of the state all day long, where is the outside picture at????

vwfanatic February 15th, 2009 03:51 PM

and i hear the ghia forums have found this and are in an uproar:thumbsup:

hotrodheb February 15th, 2009 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vwfanatic (Post 381354)

Even better yet!!!!!:bow:

onelowzuki February 15th, 2009 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vwfanatic (Post 381354)

Any links, just out of couriosity?

vwfanatic February 15th, 2009 03:56 PM

no, but i heard from rich (58lolight) who frequesnts the ghia forums

grumpy February 15th, 2009 04:22 PM

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=342423

vwfanatic February 15th, 2009 04:48 PM

bwaa haa haa haaa

HeidelbergJohn4.0 February 15th, 2009 04:59 PM

"Wow...I usually dont care what people do...but this is just bull shit.
This person sux" :finger::funny::finger:. What a fuckin :crybaby:

That's gonna be an awesome rod.:bow:

hotrodheb February 15th, 2009 05:12 PM

Dammit, they made me respond! :finger::hmm::finger:

58lolight February 15th, 2009 05:30 PM

The thread is titled poor ghia..

Steve February 15th, 2009 05:32 PM

Holy shit do they sound like a bunch of whining old women. :funny:

Those are the same guys that see a car they don't like at a show, with the owner/builder standing right next to it... and don't say a single word to him/her while they have the chance.

Then they get home behind their keyboards and chat away like some grandmothers' knitting group about how hurt and horrified they are of the new HOT PIECE OF ASS that just moved into their town... steamin' up and raisin' TROU with all their hubbies who THEY'VE bored with the same ole' missionary style FAT SEX (tm) they've been serving them for the last 30 years in their quaint little town of Perfectville.

Shut the hell up. No one cares if you don't like it doggy style, you tools.

-

Ryan February 15th, 2009 05:36 PM

steve you mean they actually get laid during that 30 years???

Turbo Punk February 15th, 2009 05:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve (Post 381404)
....their hubbies who THEY'VE bored with the same ole' missionary style FAT SEX (tm) they've been serving them for the last 30 years in their quaint little town of Perfectville.

Shut the hell up. No one cares if you don't like it doggy style, you tools.

Pure poetry Chief. 100% Pure poetry.:bow:

Rumblewagen February 15th, 2009 06:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve (Post 381404)

FAT SEX (tm)

I like the trademark :funny:

Great Build! :bow:

jaransonT3 February 15th, 2009 09:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vwhabit (Post 381215)
I took John's advice and relocated the grills today (my wife's presne to me!). They look much better I must say. You can see (for now) where I had to change the drivers side.

:bow::bow: That looks so much better. Nice job.

Sorry I made more work for you. :funny: Be careful....you will find that I am good at that. :funny:

vwhabit February 16th, 2009 06:44 AM

I guess some guys just can't have an open mind!

Oh well - guess I can't please everyone! ha-ha

Here is a mock-up of the rear fender wells.....MAYBE!
I used the same shape of the rear fins. Will duplicate on the front end as well...
http://i629.photobucket.com/albums/u...2-09-09013.jpg
http://i629.photobucket.com/albums/u...2-09-09014.jpg
http://i629.photobucket.com/albums/u...2-09-09015.jpg

Ryan February 16th, 2009 06:55 AM

i like it... just make sure you can remove the tire still.

Cat Box February 16th, 2009 01:05 PM

i think it would be better suited if you did it in metal as if the poster board gets wet it might fall off.

otherwise what crack said. it looks good.

Turbo Punk February 16th, 2009 03:35 PM

Damn fine work man!!! :bow:

And I'm diggin' the gay pride dresser off to the right.:wink:

trikertroy February 16th, 2009 06:05 PM

With the yellow and random black stripes and the big fin it reminds me of Poke-Mon!!! (pekachu)

bugdust February 16th, 2009 06:12 PM

Cool to see you still have the chopped bug posted. :thumbsup: Here it is twenty-plus years later and I still remember the backwards speedo.