Cut-Weld-Drive Forums

Cut-Weld-Drive Forums (http://volksrods.com/forum/index.php)
-   The Cutting Board (http://volksrods.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Greensboro N.C. Feb. VW show (http://volksrods.com/forum/showthread.php?t=19477)

wlfhwk1 January 5th, 2008 07:59 PM

Greensboro N.C. Feb. VW show

I have started to plan my shows to hit this year and this is the first of the season. I went last year wasn't bad had some cool stuff and was actually 2 show in one, as on the other side of exhibition hall there was a newer car show with a couple of cool dub's . I though if a bunch of us where going we could get together and hang for a while maybe head out some place and get a bite and throw back a few beers. Just an idea. later Jay

:sawzall::plasmacutter::AssScratch::welder::drivin g::chillin:

Dr.Freakinstien January 6th, 2008 06:39 AM

Re: Greensboro N.C. Feb. VW show

What date and time .I might be able to get to that one.I live in upper state S.C.

carlbugs January 6th, 2008 06:48 AM

I would like to meet up also, I think TN,NC,SC,GA volksrodders should try to get together at as many shows this year as possible.
:Idunno:

Timbo January 6th, 2008 08:33 AM

Feb-3. Feb 1-2 is a hot rod and dragracing expo and the 3rd is the sevwa show. I may go on the 2nd. Dont care any for sevwa shows anymore (been there,been screwed over on that).:yelling:
Tim

NCbug January 6th, 2008 08:59 AM

I shall be there :thumbsup:

sour-kraut January 6th, 2008 10:54 AM

i'll be there, its the shrine show, also keep in mind the SEVWA show and swap meet at farmington is april 6th
--------hey jay we could me at herbies place in greensboro-----

wlfhwk1 January 6th, 2008 04:53 PM

Herbie's is a good idea but might be super crowded with all the other VW people about that weekend. I thought maybe Ham's just down the st. from the expo center.

Tim is the hotrod show at the expo center also? Where is the drags going on at? Sorry to hear about SEVW giving you a bad taste in your mouth. I still would like together if your over from Tn.

I'm definitely going to Farmington this year. Hopefully I will be rolling my Vrod there . I'm planning on that being it's debute. Or that as least what I'm shooting for. Later Jay

Timbo January 6th, 2008 05:18 PM

The Hot rod and drag expo is friday and saturday. Sunday is ths sevwa show. I had my car in a couple of their shows last year( raced with them since late 03) and the judging isnt too fair. My wife watched them spend about 10-15 miniutes judging a car and walked up to mine, wrote somthing on the clip board and walked away. Never even walked around the car. A few others said the same thing also. I dont expect to win but it needs to be fair. Spend the same amount of time judging ALL the cars. It would be fun to hang out with you guys a while, Im still thinking about going. All of the sevwa racers are a great bunch of people.
Tim

soultron January 6th, 2008 06:38 PM

Hmm... I might just be able to make that. Not in the beetle of course, it's only a yard ornament.

sour-kraut January 7th, 2008 02:30 PM

yea we could meet at hams and get a bite before the show, pm me with you number jay and well try to organize soemthing, i probey got about 5-6 bugs and buses from my crew comming,

wlfhwk1 January 7th, 2008 03:59 PM

Matt, sounds good but I don't know what the show starts this year but was morning last year so Ham's won't be open but after would work. you rolling your rod to the show or entering it in? I might have a bug going by then maybe just towed there. pm sent. later Jay

Turbo Punk January 7th, 2008 04:17 PM

I can't add my name to the list cuz I won't be down there until july 5th or so. We'll be staying for a week for vacation somewhere in southern N.C.

Would like to hook up with you guys for a beer one day while down there.

Sorry for the hijack.

wlfhwk1 January 7th, 2008 05:29 PM

Turbo's Hijack continued--- Can you hijack your own thread?

Hey Turbo Give us a heads up of when and where and we'll see what can make happen. I be glad to meet up and have a beer or 12. You going to the beach or mountains?

Hijack ended

sour-kraut January 7th, 2008 06:07 PM

nah i might drive my bus if i get it wired, the bug is still up on the stands getting body work done, hopfully i'll debue it on in april at the farmington show ha!!!

fungus January 7th, 2008 09:15 PM

Dude, I'm game if I can get my bus rolling on its own steam by then. Tim, if you're planning on going, maybe we (and other locals) could meet up and travel caravan style :Idunno:

carlbugs January 29th, 2008 02:29 AM

everyone still going?

sour-kraut January 29th, 2008 08:38 AM

yep im there

wlfhwk1 January 29th, 2008 05:10 PM

affirmative
but no joy on the bug

fungus January 31st, 2008 04:30 AM

I won't be able to go:crybaby: Roxanne is still in progress...

carlbugs February 3rd, 2008 05:33 PM

So how was it? I was only going to be able to go if my tax return made it back in time, and guess what. So what did I miss?

wlfhwk1 February 3rd, 2008 06:46 PM

well it was good, more cars than last year. the vendors were more than last year as well. I meet some cool people that were into Vrods but no one was showing one. some hoodrides some drivers afew drag racers some customs a good mix all in all. wasn't able to meet up with matt/sour kraut but I did talk to some guy that had vrod his dad had built said he never been to the site. so told him to stop by and check it out. well after the car show and a super bowl party it's bed time later. jay