Cut-Weld-Drive Forums

Cut-Weld-Drive Forums (http://volksrods.com/forum/index.php)
-   The Cutting Board (http://volksrods.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Things that make you say.... WTF? (http://volksrods.com/forum/showthread.php?t=37689)

Ray-Dean January 13th, 2014 05:29 PM

Things that make you say.... WTF?

Not just automotive shit, just really fucked up thoughts. You know.... Shit that makes absolutely no sense in any conversation, yet somehow they just pop into you head from out if the blue...

Shit like:

If Lady GaGa was married, and she and her man's went to Mexico, the locals would call him Senior HaHa...

Don't ask me why, this shit just pops in there. One minute you're just sitting there naked watching the Muppet Show with a bowl of Jell-o in your lap, the next thing you know, you fully understand the intricacies of string theory...

Anyone else?

amrcnbadaz January 13th, 2014 06:18 PM

Re: Things that make you say.... WTF?

WTF.......
Is wrong with you? lol Too many paint fumes today?

Ok, I will play your little game. I just heard a commercial today where they mentioned "garnished wages". Which of coarse is when they take away pay. But, If you put "garnish" on a salad, you are adding to it. WTF kind of jackass made up our vocabulary? :Idunno:

SCOTTRODS January 13th, 2014 06:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by amrcnbadaz (Post 569984)
WTF.......
Is wrong with you? lol Too many paint fumes today?

Ok, I will play your little game. I just heard a commercial today where they mentioned "garnished wages". Which of coarse is when they take away pay. But, If you put "garnish" on a salad, you are adding to it. WTF kind of jackass made up our vocabulary? :Idunno:

I always thought about "Wage Garnishment" like "Waging War"...

Either way, Would you like some greens on your Green?

d3ghia January 14th, 2014 12:06 AM

What if Yoko Ono had not married John Lennon?

What if she had married Cher's former husband?

She would be known as

wait for it

Yoko Ono Bono

tattooed_pariah January 14th, 2014 12:17 AM

I rode the city bus a lot in high school, and one of the things I would do if someone kept trying to talk to me and I didn't want to talk to them is look them dead in the eye, and ask completely straight faced:

If you make two dead bodies have sex with each other, is that considered necrophilia, or puppetry?

yeah, I was a wierd kid.. :P

psychopork January 14th, 2014 03:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tattooed_pariah (Post 569998)
yeah, I was a wierd kid.. :P

hmmm?? :funny:

Ray-Dean January 14th, 2014 04:30 PM

I know right?!?!

Or military intelligence

Or adorable healthcare

Or nice Honda......

Crazy_C January 14th, 2014 04:36 PM

Here's one for y'all.

The map that most of you know and are taught to recognise in school, is actually inaccurate!! This is the correct, Peters Projection map. The UK seemed small before, now it's barely a blip!

http://www.hitxp.com/pics/peters-map.jpg

DrHax January 14th, 2014 04:55 PM

Have of you looked back at your life and wondered what would have happened if you took out one event from your life and changed the outcome? And how far do you start altering dominoes until your entire life is changed completely, or you end up a ditch dead because you forgot to tighten one lug nut on your left rear tyre. Seriously when I get bored, I think of Stupid crap, or I design crap.

I think I got the mad scientist gene in me. I was wondering if i got a alpha numerical Nixie tube running to a Adrunio and put little switches in the shifter, so when ever you shift it registers where it is, and have it default to neutral, and then conver the regular 12v DC output of the cars electrical stepping it down to a 9 volt? Would I be able to get a Nixie tube steampunky style Gear indicator? Possibly? But how long would the nixie tube last in a vw bouncing down the roa....

See I'll just leave that right there as it stands :wacko: Granted I know i'm a weird kid. I made no damn attempts to hide it. Oddly enough more people respected me walking down the school halls wearing a Top hat and my military overcoat then they ever did before :blink: :funny: So yeah I understand exactly what Dean said

Should I be worried? :unsure:

DrHax January 14th, 2014 04:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crazy_C (Post 570034)
Here's one for y'all.

The map that most of you know and are taught to recognise in school, is actually inaccurate!! This is the correct, Peters Projection map. The UK seemed small before, now it's barely a blip!

http://www.hitxp.com/pics/peters-map.jpg

I know this map. This is really what happens when you properly skin the globe :chillin: Granted I just had the mental image bear grylls tackling a globe with a flint knife in his mouth. :blink:

Iowa Mark January 14th, 2014 04:57 PM

How many tri-state areas are there? I mean besides the right one.

Ray-Dean January 14th, 2014 05:21 PM

Just as many as there are tri county areas....?

hotsauce January 14th, 2014 06:20 PM

If you have chicken for lunch, and chicken for dinner, do you ever wonder if the two chickens knew each other?

johnny27030 January 14th, 2014 06:24 PM

Are you eating the whole damn chicken!? You might be eating the same chicken for lunch and dinner? If its some of that processed chicken..........you might not even be eating chicken.

DrHax January 14th, 2014 06:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by johnny27030 (Post 570059)
Are you eating the whole damn chicken!? You might be eating the same chicken for lunch and dinner? If its some of that processed chicken..........you might not even be eating chicken.

True, I remember in my highschool we were fed crap from cans that when I tracked the company that sold it.... Their main clients were high security prisons and insane asylums.... :blink: Seriously its bad when a burger only has flavour when its BURNT! :panic:

DrHax January 14th, 2014 08:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whozawhat (Post 570069)
^^^^Was it Soylent Green;)

:blink: I WAS EATING PEOPLE! :panic:

Cool :chillin::finger:

metalmaster1766 January 14th, 2014 10:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ray-Dean (Post 569983)

If Lady GaGa was married, and she and her man's went to Mexico, the locals would call him Senior HaHa...

Anyone else?

I'm not gonna be able to think of anything else now, Seniorita HAHA is gonna be stuck in my head whenever I hear her name, hell I had to Google Lady GaGa & then listen to a youtube song of hers just so I'd know who they were talking about on TV, the few times they showed pictures of her I thought maybe she bought Elton John's 70's costume stash to make herself famous

@ the english vocabulary, the words knee, knife, opossum, & hors d'oeuvre just baffle the shit out a me, I make sure I make the O sound, except more like "ah" sound when I say opossum just to make people think "HMmmm, he ain't right", or at a party, n I ask "Whar's da Horsedvor's ??"
I get some strange looks

& WTF,
It's been a while since me & the wife have been to a nice restaurant, so one night we go to a steak house & I order a porterhouse, n they bring me a flippin butter knife, so, I ask for a steak knife, n they don't have them anymore at that restaurant (<- who decided to spell that word?) so I reached for my belt n got my knife so i could cut it up, I thought the waitress was gonna faint when I opened it up, musta thought I was gonna stab her because they didn't have a steak knives, I just started eating, bout 10 minutes later my wife tells me to slowly look around, it was like nobody in the place had ever seen somebody use a "real" knife to eat before, hell I use it for just about anything I can when the need arises, I keep it clean, ya never know when your gonna hafta cut your food up, a butter knife is for butter, not steak WTF??

Ron

d3ghia January 15th, 2014 12:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ray-Dean (Post 570032)
I know right?!?!

Or military intelligence

Or adorable healthcare

Or nice Honda......

Hey! Easy there.....I work for military intelligence :unsure:

Oh wait....I work with a bunch of dumb fucktards.....

yep, military intelligence (except for me of course, I am brilliant)

SCOTTRODS January 15th, 2014 04:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by metalmaster1766 (Post 570094)
I'm not gonna be able to think of anything else now, Seniorita HAHA is gonna be stuck in my head whenever I hear her name, hell I had to Google Lady GaGa & then listen to a youtube song of hers just so I'd know who they were talking about on TV, the few times they showed pictures of her I thought maybe she bought Elton John's 70's costume stash to make herself famous

@ the english vocabulary, the words knee, knife, opossum, & hors d'oeuvre just baffle the shit out a me, I make sure I make the O sound, except more like "ah" sound when I say opossum just to make people think "HMmmm, he ain't right", or at a party, n I ask "Whar's da Horsedvor's ??"
I get some strange looks

& WTF,
It's been a while since me & the wife have been to a nice restaurant, so one night we go to a steak house & I order a porterhouse, n they bring me a flippin butter knife, so, I ask for a steak knife, n they don't have them anymore at that restaurant (<- who decided to spell that word?) so I reached for my belt n got my knife so i could cut it up, I thought the waitress was gonna faint when I opened it up, musta thought I was gonna stab her because they didn't have a steak knives, I just started eating, bout 10 minutes later my wife tells me to slowly look around, it was like nobody in the place had ever seen somebody use a "real" knife to eat before, hell I use it for just about anything I can when the need arises, I keep it clean, ya never know when your gonna hafta cut your food up, a butter knife is for butter, not steak WTF??

Ron

That Knife thing... That's Swave and De-Boner (You'll figure it out with a little time - More F'd Up words)

bigguy January 15th, 2014 01:50 PM

I often wonder if we were not taught what the colors were what we would call them. Red could be blue and black is green and on and on. I think I like the color clear cause I can see all the other colors behind it.

tattooed_pariah January 15th, 2014 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigguy (Post 570121)
I often wonder if we were not taught what the colors were what we would call them. Red could be blue and black is green and on and on. I think I like the color clear cause I can see all the other colors behind it.

I once read an article about a guy who posed a color-related question for a thesis assignment and received full credit because even though it sounds ridiculous at first, there was no scientific way for them to prove he was wrong..

Basically, he said that the color wavelengths were gradually shifting, but because they were doing it at the same rate of change and at such a gradual amount, humans didn't notice it. Eventually though, the wavelength we currently see as blue, would become the wavelength for green and vice versa, or something like that.. Everything would still look the same as it does now, but the wavelengths themselves would be backwards..

amrcnbadaz January 15th, 2014 02:40 PM

Quote:

WTF is "mauve" and "taupe"? :Idunno:

SCOTTRODS January 15th, 2014 04:09 PM

Quote:

Better yet, What if what I see, that everyone calls green, might actually be what I see as blue, to you, but we all call it green, so no matter what the color is to each individual, we all call it the same thing. What the hell color would Rose colored glasses be? :Idunno::AssScratch:

SCOTTRODS January 15th, 2014 04:11 PM

I want to grow my own food. Where do I buy Bacon Seeds?

DocMike January 15th, 2014 05:55 PM

If the milk chocolate melts in your mouth and not in your hand, what does it do in your armpit?

Doc