Cut-Weld-Drive Forums

Cut-Weld-Drive Forums (http://volksrods.com/forum/index.php)
-   The Cutting Board (http://volksrods.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   FYI to folks choosing the PM and Subscribed Thread email notifications... (http://volksrods.com/forum/showthread.php?t=23164)

Steve September 30th, 2008 12:09 PM

FYI to folks choosing the PM and Subscribed Thread email notifications...

Ok... this has gone on for a while and I've always contacted the person to let them know about it... but lately it's just getting to be a bit too frequent for me to keep up.

When you choose "Send me an email notification for new PMs and/or subscribed thread postings" in your account options... and you get an email from "The Volksrodders Forum" titled "NEW PM NOTIFICATION" or the something similar... it's just THAT... a notification.

Hence the HUGE CAPITAL letters with exclamation points, surrounded by stars, asterisks and fireworks telling you...
***DO NOT RESPOND TO THIS EMAIL!!!!***

Responding to that email does not magically take your response, sign into the forum for you and miraculously place your message into the recipients PM inbox. Nor does it magically place your response into a thread you have subscribed to on the Cutting Board, etc.

Oddly enough... when you get an automated response from the forum's notification system (which comes from an email address belonging to the Admin... i.e.... ME...) and you hit "reply"... it just goes to ME. Thus leaving your intended recipient thinking either your a jackass for not responding to their PM... or a complete dumbass who can't read the HUGE warning in capital letters with exclamation points, surrounded by stars, asterisks and fireworks telling you...

Either way... it means that you suck.
So stop it.

:love:

Love, me.

oldvolks September 30th, 2008 12:13 PM

Re: just an FYI to folks choosing the PM and Subscribed Thread email notifications...

But this isn't an email, it's a post so does that mean I shouldn't respond :wacko:

crazyman_stanley September 30th, 2008 12:20 PM

Re: just an FYI to folks choosing the PM and Subscribed Thread email notifications...

bahaha

i sense some pent up aggression in this thread? I could see the vein in you forehead throbbin as you typed that

Steve September 30th, 2008 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oldvolks (Post 348242)
But this isn't an email, it's a post so does that mean I shouldn't respond :wacko:

I don't care what you do.
You can print this thread out on a piece of shiny green paper, run it down the crack of Neighbor Lady's ass and send it to Bill signed, sealed, delivered.... just make the fucking emails stop.

:funny:

UVT_Mike September 30th, 2008 01:12 PM

Hey Steve, did you need spell check for "miraculously" :funny::funny:

tequilla September 30th, 2008 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve (Post 348239)

I keep clicking on the

*** DO NOT RESPOND TO THIS EMAIL!!!!***

and nothing happens..... what am I doing wrong :Idunno:

Turbo Punk September 30th, 2008 02:36 PM

I just learned one more way to piss off Steve.:dancing:

Thanks Chief!!! I owe you one!!:grin::thumbsup:

bugdust September 30th, 2008 02:52 PM

Steve who? :Idunno:

Unkl Ian September 30th, 2008 02:58 PM

Steve: can you change the Default Thread Subscription Mode to "Do Not Subscribe" ?

I suspect a lot of people don't realize they are "subscribed" to every thread they ever posted in.

purplemyth September 30th, 2008 03:11 PM

it can be done in the user cp, I have threads but no notification, but it's easy to find special threads in there~

plus I just checked it thru 'post reply' and thru the 'go advanced' under the quick reply, those are both marked as 'do not subscribe'

maybe he already changed it?

maybe he didn't like some of the pics in those notes :panic:

:funny:

ratlook63 September 30th, 2008 04:53 PM

My ***DO NOT RESPOND TO THIS EMAIL!!!!*** is worth more than your house....:funny::funny::funny:

HeidelbergJohn4.0 September 30th, 2008 05:10 PM

But bossman, we want to make sure you're IN-the-LOOP with everything going on here!!!

I know I'm guilty of doing it once or twice out of habit in responding to emails.:stupid:

jkien65 September 30th, 2008 05:12 PM

Steve just needs some Magic Clown love.

Steve September 30th, 2008 06:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unkl Ian (Post 348290)
Steve: can you change the Default Thread Subscription Mode to "Do Not Subscribe" ?

I suspect a lot of people don't realize they are "subscribed" to every thread they ever posted in.

The "Do Not Subscribe" has always been the default and still is. The only way people can get subscribed to a thread is if they manually change it themselves... either by accident or on purpose.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jkien65 (Post 348336)
Steve just needs some Magic Clown love.

That may help...

:love:

Steve February 6th, 2012 08:58 PM

Bringing this up again for the NOOBS.

Dbug41 February 7th, 2012 03:32 AM

Damn it, did I do it AGAIN??
Seriously people
Useless you want a reply calling you a dumb ass DON'T DO THIS!
I do this at least once or twice a year and yes I get called a dumb ass because I deserve it. Slow down, read what has been send to you. Respond appropriately.

The life you save maybe your own :-)
Answering 20-50 emails a day is hard work especially after a full day of hard work at a full time job and when there filled with random bullshit I bet they can get under the skin really fast.
That's why I prefer you to contact me by my personal email. That it will assist me in not being a dumb ass.

The VolksRod Shop
2050 wall Ave
Ogden UT 84401

crack monkey February 7th, 2012 04:05 AM

Re: FYI to folks choosing the PM and Subscribed Thread email notifications...

Steve should i respond to you in this thread, pm you, or respond to the 'dont respond' email?

**love me**

hotrodheb February 7th, 2012 08:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crack monkey (Post 533195)
Steve should i respond to you in this thread, pm you, or respond to the 'dont respond' email?

**love me**

I thought you always responded to him via a reach around?

sandfreaks February 7th, 2012 09:18 AM

I help run a local VW forum and we had the same issue.
We were able to solve it by adding a link in the Email
that says "To respond click here" it then takes the user back to
the site were they can respond. Since its automated we wern't able to take them
to there own In box but it does at least take them back to the site were they can click on there own inbox.

crack monkey February 7th, 2012 09:18 AM

that is the default responce

HeidelbergJohn4.0 February 7th, 2012 09:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hotrodheb (Post 533203)
I thought you always responded to him via a reach around?

lol, monkeys don't have long arms for nothing!

sandfreaks February 7th, 2012 10:33 AM

"that is the default responce"

Well I guess that Edumacation there parents spent all
that money on for them was not money well spent.:grin:

tequilla February 7th, 2012 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crack monkey (Post 533195)

**love me**

I think the correct answer is...... "All of the above" :funny: :funny: :funny:

The monkey is about to get spanked