Cut-Weld-Drive Forums

Cut-Weld-Drive Forums (http://volksrods.com/forum/index.php)
-   The Cutting Board (http://volksrods.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Ahem... *tap-tap* This thing still on? Still alive, bringing sexy back (and SHIRTS) (http://volksrods.com/forum/showthread.php?t=38538)

Steve March 22nd, 2017 10:38 AM

Ahem... *tap-tap* This thing still on? Still alive, bringing sexy back (and SHIRTS)

:hello:
Oh, well hey fellas... and Carlene :funny:
Gonna make this short and sweet:

** I'm still alive.

** Been busy with non-car stuff that wouldn't interest most people that like car stuff.

** I never stopped loving you.

** Your mom says hi.

** Got offered $$$ to sell this site to one of those big forum acquisition firms so they could stuff it full of ads, estrogen, and give it a vagina.

** Thought about it.

** Remembered I made a stupid promise like 14 years ago when we had about 53 members that I would never do that. (idiot)

** Thought it would still be funny. :funny:

** Told them to pack sand.

** Decided to dust off the old shirt designs and start hocking them again to make myself feel better about not taking their $$$.

** Make me feel better about not taking their $$$. :funny:

Shirts can be ordered HERE -----> https://goo.gl/2Hf52q

-----------------------------------------------------------

Ok, all kidding aside... I've missed a lot of goings on here and I'm going to try and hang out more. I honestly figured the old timers that are still here have been handling this place just fine for the last few years and didn't need me meddling in things, besides keeping the lights on. :funny:

But, while I've been working more with wood working tools and house stuff, than I have with wrenches and sheet metal... I'm gonna be around more and see what I can fuck up here. :funny:

Oh... and to the new folks that have joined in the last couple years... hi, I'm the asshole landlord. :hello:

Thanks for not breaking shit. :love:

~Steve

d3ghia March 22nd, 2017 10:55 AM

Re: Ahem... *tap-tap* This thing still on? Still alive, bringing sexy back (and SHIR

:huh::huh::huh:

...well spank Jeff's ass and call him Jill!! :funny:

http://i1175.photobucket.com/albums/...psqjjjhvzb.jpg

:hello::hello::hello:

Unkl Ian March 22nd, 2017 10:57 AM

Re: Ahem... *tap-tap* This thing still on? Still alive, bringing sexy back (and SHIR

Welcome back El Polacko.

1slo3 March 22nd, 2017 11:07 AM

Hey Boss, welcome back!

Great to hear about the shirts!

Now, What rides do you still have? The sled? What say you?

alykat March 22nd, 2017 11:11 AM

Hi boss ! Ya had me worried that you guys had left town or something. Good to hear from you. :hello:

Steve March 22nd, 2017 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1slo3 (Post 587296)
Hey Boss, welcome back!

Great to hear about the shirts!

Now, What rides do you still have? The sled? What say you?

Hey Brian!
Still got the Panty Buncher and the '59 Oldsmobile.
Handed the pink slip and the keys to the Merc to my father in law because he's about as awesome as they get and he loved it the first day he saw it. So it's still in the family. He's been good to it.

Haven't had a lot of time to play with the cars. Our house build and reno has been #1 on the list and it's an ongoing love adventure. lol

Steve March 22nd, 2017 11:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by d3ghia (Post 587294)
:huh::huh::huh:

...well spank Jeff's ass and call him Jill!! :funny:

http://i1175.photobucket.com/albums/...psqjjjhvzb.jpg

:hello::hello::hello:

Man... you guys are slippin, Keith...

A few years back in the day, my fat face woulda been photoshopped on that thing. :funny:

Steve March 22nd, 2017 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alykat (Post 587297)
Hi boss ! Ya had me worried that you guys had left town or something. Good to hear from you. :hello:

Nah, just life happens and stuff. :panic:

Steve March 22nd, 2017 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unkl Ian (Post 587295)
Welcome back El Polacko.

Thanks Unk!

1slo3 March 22nd, 2017 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve (Post 587299)
Hey Brian!
Still got the Panty Buncher and the '59 Oldsmobile.
Handed the pink slip and the keys to the Merc to my father in law because he's about as awesome as they get and he loved it the first day he saw it. So it's still in the family. He's been good to it.

Haven't had a lot of time to play with the cars. Our house build and reno has been #1 on the list and it's an ongoing love adventure. lol

Coolio that you have a great in-law! I hope you can find time to at least turn the keys on the rides and blow the dust off of them!

tattooed_pariah March 22nd, 2017 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve (Post 587293)
** Got offered $$$ to sell this site to one of those big forum acquisition firms so they could stuff it full of ads, estrogen, and give it a vagina.

** Thought about it.

** Remembered I made a stupid promise like 14 years ago when we had about 53 members that I would never do that. (idiot)

** Thought it would still be funny. :funny:

** Told them to pack sand.

Holy shit! so glad that didn't go through!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve (Post 587293)
I'm gonna be around more and see what I can fuck up here. :funny:

~Steve

Steve is the new Bill!!! :funny:

Glad to see you around here again! When's the next Steve Meet? :P

1slo3 March 22nd, 2017 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tattooed_pariah (Post 587306)

Glad to see you around here again! When's the next Steve Meet? :P

Save thought I had! :funny:

Well, when is it?

1slo3 March 22nd, 2017 11:48 AM

Hey, all you newbies... Hail El Polako!

Please don't ban me! :panic:

Unkl Ian March 22nd, 2017 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1slo3 (Post 587308)
Hey, all you newbies... Hail El Polako!

Or try and show him how tough you are.
Go ahead.

:thumbsup:

:clapping::clapping:

Unkl Ian March 22nd, 2017 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve (Post 587300)
Man... you guys are slippin, Keith...

A few years back in the day, my fat face woulda been photoshopped on that thing. :funny:

Surrounded by a swarm of Bees.

jkien65 March 22nd, 2017 01:10 PM

Its good to see you back Steve. Your house build has been awesome to watch.

fernon March 22nd, 2017 01:36 PM

Quick, everyone look busy...
The BOSS is back and shit's about to get real...

:bow: Welcome back Sir, this place needs a good swift kick in the ass to motivate some of us. :bow:

:dancing: T-Shirts - T-Shirts - T-Shirts :dancing:

1slo3 March 22nd, 2017 02:18 PM

And stickers!

V8Transporter March 22nd, 2017 03:40 PM

T-Shirts! Yes! :dancing::dancing: I was in town wearing one my old severely patina-fied VolkRods shirts that my wife has been complaining about. :hmm: Upon departing the local coffee shop, cup in hand, I paused for a moment and some guy dropped a few coins in the cup, along with, "here you go buddy, things will get better." So, put me down for at least two. :grin::grin:

SCOTTRODS March 22nd, 2017 06:28 PM

Been a Site supporting member for a while now, but still a Noob at 5+ years...

I finally get a chance to buy a T-shirt that fits my XL gut... Thanks for coming around and putting in an appearance... hope to see more of you... (I know the El Polacko name from elsewhere as well... Where I am also a lurking member)

Steve March 23rd, 2017 09:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jkien65 (Post 587311)
Its good to see you back Steve. Your house build has been awesome to watch.

Thanks Jim! It's been an adventure as you well know. :funny:

Steve March 23rd, 2017 09:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fernon (Post 587312)
Quick, everyone look busy...
The BOSS is back and shit's about to get real...

:bow: Welcome back Sir, this place needs a good swift kick in the ass to motivate some of us. :bow:

:dancing: T-Shirts - T-Shirts - T-Shirts :dancing:

Thanks, man! But... come on... you got a whole method of chopping a car named after you. I don't see me adding a whole lot of motivation there. :funny:

Steve March 23rd, 2017 09:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whozawhat (Post 587313)
:Idunno:Steve Who?:Idunno:

:funny::funny:

:love:

Steve March 23rd, 2017 09:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by V8Transporter (Post 587316)
T-Shirts! Yes! :dancing::dancing: I was in town wearing one my old severely patina-fied VolkRods shirts that my wife has been complaining about. :hmm: Upon departing the local coffee shop, cup in hand, I paused for a moment and some guy dropped a few coins in the cup, along with, "here you go buddy, things will get better." So, put me down for at least two. :grin::grin:

Ha! Oh man... ya got me feeling horrible. But did you make some good money in that cup? :funny:

And I'm not printing up the shirts, and handling them at home anymore... WAY too much time that I don't have nowadays to keep up with. I have them printed and shipped directly from the printer now. Way more choices for folks that way too (shirt colors for instance).
Here's the link to go take a look if you'd like:

https://goo.gl/2Hf52q

http://volksrods.com/image/obj846geo467pg11p6.jpg

Steve March 23rd, 2017 09:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SCOTTRODS (Post 587317)
Been a Site supporting member for a while now, but still a Noob at 5+ years...

I finally get a chance to buy a T-shirt that fits my XL gut... Thanks for coming around and putting in an appearance... hope to see more of you... (I know the El Polacko name from elsewhere as well... Where I am also a lurking member)

Thanks, man! Depending on the site, you might be thinking of someone else. There was already an "El Polacko" on a couple sites I'm on before I registered. Kinda like when Bill shows up at a dance and another lady has his same dress on. :funny: