View Single Post
Old September 30th, 2008, 12:09 PM   #1
Steve
Administradora El Polacko

Member Photo Albums
Default FYI to folks choosing the PM and Subscribed Thread email notifications...
Re:: READ the email notification...   

Ok... this has gone on for a while and I've always contacted the person to let them know about it... but lately it's just getting to be a bit too frequent for me to keep up.

When you choose "Send me an email notification for new PMs and/or subscribed thread postings" in your account options... and you get an email from "The Volksrodders Forum" titled "NEW PM NOTIFICATION" or the something similar... it's just THAT... a notification.

Hence the HUGE CAPITAL letters with exclamation points, surrounded by stars, asterisks and fireworks telling you...
***DO NOT RESPOND TO THIS EMAIL!!!!***

Responding to that email does not magically take your response, sign into the forum for you and miraculously place your message into the recipients PM inbox. Nor does it magically place your response into a thread you have subscribed to on the Cutting Board, etc.

Oddly enough... when you get an automated response from the forum's notification system (which comes from an email address belonging to the Admin... i.e.... ME...) and you hit "reply"... it just goes to ME. Thus leaving your intended recipient thinking either your a jackass for not responding to their PM... or a complete dumbass who can't read the HUGE warning in capital letters with exclamation points, surrounded by stars, asterisks and fireworks telling you...
***DO NOT RESPOND TO THIS EMAIL!!!!***

Either way... it means that you suck.
So stop it.

Love, me.
Steve is offline   Reply With Quote