View Single Post
Old October 4th, 2010, 05:19 AM   #4
metalmaster1766
Site Supporter

Member Photo Albums
Default Re: I aquired another VW

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirheadZim View Post
nice stuff there metalmaster....I was checking out the little front bumper arrangment on that VR in the first pic. If you ever get a chance to shoot a few closer pics of that Id like to see how it was done. Thanks.
Thank ya, I didn't do any of the work on the VR at all, and as for the bumper, it is just some small diameter tubing welded to it. I can get some pictures of it for you, it may be a couple of days but I will get a few for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1965aaron View Post
theres pics on Eugenes intro. its a barbell.
Eugene did have the curl barbell bar on it at one time, but he took it off I guess to use it for what it was originally intended for. I do believe I am gonna hafta recut the beam and raise it up a bit, it has maybe an inch between the bottom of the shock towers and the ground, which is a bit much.

I would like to rebuild an entire floor pan I have and raise the front bulkhead and the rear torsion housing so it has full suspension travel, and maybe put a set of air bags on to drop it on the ground as my parking brake.

First I just want to get it in drivable condition until I can get my Eldorado fixed, then I will do some work on the VR and get back to work on the V8 Bug. I just need a good running car ASAP.

I Love ya's ALL !!!

RSS

Last edited by metalmaster1766; April 12th, 2011 at 08:41 PM.
metalmaster1766 is offline   Reply With Quote