View Single Post
Old December 13th, 2010, 10:06 PM   #11
metalmaster1766
Site Supporter

Member Photo Albums
Default Re: I aquired another VW

Well a few days ago we had a nice sunny day in the mid 30's and I wanted to get the hole filled in behind the rear seat so I cut up some cardboard to make a pattern, then transfered that to the rest of the hood I used.
Aftercutting it out and bending it a biy here and a bit there, trim some off and after a while it fit purty good, so then I got out the welder and tack welded it in

No more BIG hole to let in the cold air. Well pictures say more than I can so here is the picture after I got the piece tack welded in, it doesn't look all that good just yet, but I still have a lot of work to do on this once I get it going because I need a drivable car last week,

I just dropped my wifes car off at the body shop to have it fixed after we got hit in the rear quarter panel and the asswipe that did it took off, and to think we almost dropped full coverage on it the week before. It did $1200 worth of damage to the car and we have a $500 deductable but due to good driving we only hafta pay $300 of that.

Looks like it's gonna be another month before I can register the 69 so I can drive it as the $300 took money away from my license and registration fees.

Here's a pic of the finished rear seat area with the seat out, and I also plan to put the custom grill from an S10 Blazer behind the seat to give it a different look if I drive with the rear seat out or folded down

I hope that keeps the cold out and next is to finish wiring up the head lights and tail lights, turn signals and wiper motor and switch and I'm ready to start driving it.

Oh yeah I almost forgot about the disk brakes I have that I want to put on the front. but that may hafta wait till spring gets closer.

If anyone has any comments please feel free to let me know, I don't take anything personal, I just do what I can with what materials I have on hand. See I don't have the money top buy much at all so I use what ever I can find to do the job

I Love ya's ALL !!!

RSS
metalmaster1766 is offline   Reply With Quote