View Single Post
Old November 9th, 2017, 07:18 PM   #434
metalmaster1766
Site Supporter

Member Photo Albums
Default Re: I aquired another VW

I have a box of nitrile gloves and goggles, I need to get a new piece of clear plastic for my face shield, I can't see threw it anymore from using it when grinding

The one thing I do need to get is a glass measuring bowl, I don't wanna take the one from the kitchen, I'll need to invest in a few things except mason jars, I have a bunch of those

I was able to get one camber adjuster on, I couldn't get the one side off, I was afraid I'd ruin the ball joint if I kept beating it, the other side popped right off, I know what I'll be doing in the morning, I'm gonna try my 3 arm gear puller and see if that does it

Something else, my front end is stiff, I have coil overs shocks and just the 4 wide torsion leaves, if I do away with them and run a rod threw the H beam what kind of material should I use, I don't think a plain piece of 1/2" threaded rod would do, it might work temporarily to see if I get a smoother ridde, then get something stronger if I like it, I guess I'll see what my friend has in his steel rack and go from there, chase a few threads on each end and go from there

Ron

I Love ya's ALL !!!

RSS
metalmaster1766 is offline   Reply With Quote