Thread: Type 3 VolksRod
View Single Post
Old April 29th, 2006, 11:29 PM   #257
jaransonT3
Type 3 Nut

Got most of the rear package tray welded in today. Only have a small section at the top rear to finish up and some more welding on the seams.

I also spent Friday night at my buddy Glenn's place finishing up the machine work on the engine case for my 2.0L Type 3 motor for Sophy. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/Dancing.gif[/img] It is nice having friends with Bridgeports and lathes. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/funny.gif[/img]

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(rodderdan @ Apr 25 2006, 11:59 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>

Dimmer switches are not made to handle the amount of amperage that a welder uses and is a potential fire in the making.Go to a electrical supply place and tell them what yuo need.You are risking major problems by using a dimmer switch.Better safe than sorry.
[/b][/quote]

I would have thought the same thing, but Scott Woodard did his whole radical rod with a dimmer switch on his cheapo welder without any problems. I used a metal electical box for the switch and it is welded to the cart I built for my welder. I don't expect any problems, but I will keep an eye on it. Thanks for the concern.
'69 Square (Panel wanna-be)
'70/'71 Fasty (Jane - the Lead Sled project)

My Home Page
CarArt by John Jaranson
2010 Type 3 Invasion
jaransonT3 is offline   Reply With Quote