View Single Post
Old January 26th, 2011, 04:02 PM   #24
metalmaster1766
Forum Member

Member Photo Albums
Default Re: Ron's 66 Bug project

Well I stopped work on the 66 when I needed money to build a set of custom headers, well things have changed, my brother just happens to have a set of stock exhaust manifolds that will fit my small block Ford engine, so as soon as he digs them out I hope to get back to work on it.

once I get an exhaust on it I will start welding in the rest of the fire wall and fill in any other holes. I still need to finish making the body mounts as well.

Once I get it that far along it's time to strip everything apart, then start on the rebuilding of the engine and transmission, I hope to find a 4 speed tranny for it as I set up the pedal assembly with a clutch pedal just for that purpose. While rebuilding the engine I'll be finish welding up the chassis, I wanna box all the welds in where I joined the frame rails as well as where I attached it to the S10 front suspension. I still have lots of work ahead of me, like rebuilding the engine in my once Daily Driver 92 Eldorado, it crapped out on me, or I should say my youngest son crapped it out, long story I won't get into.

Anyhow I hope to start back to work on the 66 V8 project AKA "the BitchN Bug" just maybe I'll have it ready in a few years, or later.
We shall see, remember I work super slow, and have next to no money at all. I'd give my left big toe to go back to work, but don't tell my doctor he may take me seriously and then I'll walk even funnier than I do now. Then I'd have more money, but no time at all to work on my projects I am lucky to squeeze in 4 hours a week when it's below 40 degrees F and when it's my kind of weather I can get at least 15 hours a week and if I'm feeling really good I can get 25 hours a week in.

Wish me luck thru the winter

RSS
metalmaster1766 is offline   Reply With Quote