Thread: Type 3 VolksRod
View Single Post
Old February 26th, 2005, 10:18 AM   #20
Bobnotch
Forum Member

Man, when I saw that first sketch, I thought someone added a ghia roof to my Roadster, and chopped the windsheild. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wacko.gif[/img] I like the look John, [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/licklips.gif[/img] it'll take some heavy duty measuring before breaking out the sawzall. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin.gif[/img] I think you're largest amount of work will be re-contouring the rear deck lid. You might want to look into going with a Notch lid, as it lays a little flatter, and might follow the contour better. This is how I did my Roadster, and it worked out sweet. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/cool.gif[/img] If you're going with the stock roof, you'll have to shorten it up some to get the porportions right. If I had a bigger pic of my Roadster, you might be able to work out how much you want to lay the "C" posts down in back. Fortunately for you, you're starting with a car that already has a trunk, as that was one of my biggest challenges (fabbing the hinges, and making it work [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/huh.gif[/img] ). Brian and I have kicking around the idea of me turning my Roadster into a t-3 heb, since I've already got a folding top mechanism here. I'm still not sure if I want to do that, as then I won't have an excuse to drive the Notch (when it's raining). [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/ohmy.gif[/img] Good luck with this project, and make sure you post some pics. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink.gif[/img]
Bobnotch is offline   Reply With Quote