View Single Post
Old August 14th, 2007, 01:20 PM   #18
NightScreams
Forum Member

Default Re: Volksrodder Meals - real recipes for cutters, welders, and drivers

I was bored and called the wife at home for my recipe. Mix:

1/4 c soy sauce
1/4 c Worcestershire sauce
1/4 c Cayenne pepper sauce (you can use Tabaso but i prefer cayenne myself)
1/2 c minced garlic (not dried, stuff from the jar, or do your own)
1 t garlic powder
1 t onion powder
2 t black pepper
1 t chile powder
3 t salt
1/2 cup brown sugar

Get about 4lbs of beef. I like to get steaks and roasts from the grocery store that are marked down because they are close to expiring. The more tender the cut, the more tender the jerky, but even chuck makes some pretty good jerky so don't be too picky. Just so you know, 5lbs of meat makes about a pound of jerky, shop accordingly. Trim as much of the fat and gristle off as possible, fat will go rancid in a few days if left on. Cut up beef in to thin strips, no more that 1/4" thick. I like to use a slicer and make little sheets of meat but you can use a sharp knife as well. HINT: Cut across the grain of the meat else it will be tough and stringy to pull chunks off. Dump in a big bowl and pour the mix over it. Get in there with your hands and mix it up really well. Once covered well, put it in a big ziplock bag, squeeze all the air out and toss it in the fridge for atleast 24 hours. If you have a dehydrator, put the meat in single layers on the trays, set to 150F and let run for at least 4-5 hours, checking it after about 3.5 hours. Remove that which is done so it doesn't get too dry and crappy and keep checking until all is done. Let cool well on paper towels. Do the same thing in an oven, just drape over the racks and use the same time and temps. Store in cool, dry place. Enjoy.
Project: The Freak

Are you good at something technical?
My RideSpace
Page

My little voices are having conversations with your imaginary friends and it is starting to piss me off.
NightScreams is offline   Reply With Quote