View Single Post
Old July 13th, 2011, 09:37 PM   #61
metalmaster1766
Forum Member

Member Photo Albums
Default Re: I aquired another VW

So this morning I spent most of my time doing things around the house, then I went out to make some fender mounts, drill some holes, and tap them

I only got the left side finished and mounted on the car, it looks purty good altho I'm still up in the air on whether I wanna round the front edge of the fenders because they are completely square except they have a radius on each corner, I'll just hafta leave them go for now
If it starts to annoy me I'll just round them up a little bit at a time until I get them to my likening

OK here's pictures after I mounted the tabs on the left fender, drilled and tapped all the holes, then painted it Black

Here both fenders are sitting where I want them, the drivers side has 1/2 inch space between the fender and the tire

Here is the left fender with brackets welded to them, then I will bolt them to the brackets that bolt onto the steering knuckle

With a bit of paint on them

I plan to mount the right side fender tomorrow, I will also need to make a bracket support to bolt on at the front top and run it down to the bottom rear mount

I tried to get a video of the fender while I was driving so I could see how much it bounces around, it didn't work out very well because it made shifting tought to do, and I had a tough time holing the camera on the same place, so maybe I'll bring it with me when I pick up my son and hand him the camera, I do know they bounce around a lot up near the top, so I'm gonna make a bracket to try to keep it from bouncing around like it/they did

Next I'm gonna hafta make a set of two emblems to mount at the front and center of each fender, still thinking about that

MMMMMMyyyaaaaaa, What's up Doc ?

That's all for today, now it's bed time, feel free to comment good or bad

I hope by next spring to have the pan dropped or the front and rear suspension raised 4 to 5 inches, so the body sits about 4 inches off the ground, much more than that and it's gonna make sparks where evr I will go

Ron

RSS
metalmaster1766 is offline   Reply With Quote