View Single Post
Old August 24th, 2009, 02:54 AM   #22
Scott76
Forum Member

Member Photo Albums
Default Re: Fleetwing Camper Build

It was a great weekend. I took another 2 days off work to have a long weekend working on the camper. I went up hoping to get some paint on it. Now let me give you a little background on me. I have NEVER painted before in my life. Besides spray bombing parts here and there that is it. Spray bombs are a little different then auto paint. So needless to say I really didn't want to paint it myself. But after a while I decided to go for it myself. Whats the worst that could happen? Right?

Thursday we pulled the camper out to get the rest cleaned and washed down. Since its was out we build our "paint booth".

Then we went for it with the primer.

We left that flash and cleaned my gun for the white coat. Then it was time for the the white.

We left it set for a full day with out touching it. We did have some problems with fish eyes and orange peel but hell I'm not perfect and I'm not looking for a perfect paint job. With the weather we were having its the best we could get.

So Saturday morning I went over to tinker around and get some stuff done. Well its was dry enought to tape off so we hurried and prepped the area and got everything in line for the blue. We painted the blue on Saturday.

I'm really impressed on how it turned out. It looks great in person.

Fleetwing Camper

Going to the Basement
Scott76 is offline   Reply With Quote