Old November 11th, 2011, 07:43 PM   #15
tattooed_pariah
Site Supporter

Member Photo Albums
Default Re: Cheap or Correct?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double D View Post
This is great advise!
Stop being a cheap ass and buy a new bolt.....there are many bolt suppliers who can match up what you need.
"spend a little now or a lot more later"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unkl Ian View Post
Don't be Fucking stupid.

The bolt is Fucked, it won't fix it's self,
the Bolt Fairy won't fix it, and you can't fix it.

I know there is a Full Moon, but quit Fucking around.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigguy View Post
Always love the brutal honesty on this site at times. Especially when i know Matt will understand and not get all uptight.

haha, yeah I can take the abuse cause I know you guys are dishing it out justly :P

I know there is more abuse coming though, cause I just attempted plan A (use a dremel to put two slots in the outer ring and try a screwdriver), my screwdriver blades aren't quite wide enough, so no dice there..

Now I'm waiting for plan B to cure. I've got like 3 full sets of allens, so I just put a dab of JB weld on the long end of one, gonna let it harden for 24 hours, then cut off about half an inch and see if I can't use a socket to get it out.

If that doesn't work I'll get the damn thing out one way or another and move along.. :P

Thanks for the ideas and ass-kicking encouragement though :)

ya know, if we could figure out a way to turn ass-kicking into a magical money making machine, we'd all have built like 6 Volksrods by now! well... except the pansy ass whining newbs who would only make like $5 in the deal before crying and never coming back ;P

"I never trust a fighting man who doesn't smoke or drink or at least cause a little trouble." -Admiral William Frederick Halsey Jr.
===========
Feel free to stare and admire,
but kindly tell me if it's on fire!

1972 VolksRod "Effigy" Build Thread
1986 Honda Shadow VT1100 Work Thread
tattooed_pariah is offline   Reply With Quote