Thread: Back into VW's
View Single Post
Old July 22nd, 2019, 04:51 PM   #52
amrcnbadaz
Forum Member

Default Re: Back into VW's

I decided I was going to drive the bug to my chiropractor visit this morning. Didn't go quite as well as expected.

I had it warming up in the driveway and it shut off and would not restart. So I took the truck instead. When I got home I checked it out. The points were completely closed up. Odd... it ran fine last time I cut it off. No wear on the block and the screw was tight. Reset the gap, and it fired right up. I let it run about 5 minutes and heard excessive valve noise on 3-4 side. Decided to readjust them since I was in a maintenance mood anyway. Number 4 intake valve was loose. I backed the swivel foot adjuster off to check the swivel on it. The ball fell out! Not sure how that came to be. So I just threw a stock rocker shaft on it to be able to drive it to the garage. I am going to order new rocker/shaft assemblies and I think I am going to upgrade my valve springs while I am at it.

I think it knew something was getting ready to go to hell and it adjusted it own points so that it died in the driveway and wouldn't leave me stranded on side of the road with a bunch of busted up parts! It was doing me a favor.
QUOTE(Steve @ Apr 1 2006, 06:05 PM)

That bike makes my scrotum cry...
Quote:
QUOTE Steve Jan 26, 2008

If one of my buddies pulled into my driveway and got out of that, I'd punch him right in the colon.

That thing looks like a blue clitoris.
amrcnbadaz is offline   Reply With Quote