Thread: Frankie 2.0
View Single Post
Old February 18th, 2020, 05:58 AM   #106
kustomkreep86
Forum Member

Default Re: Frankie 2.0

Some updates on the winter work so far. Don't have quite as much done as I would like. Been helping my buddy on a Pontiac Lemans restoration he's been doing. But still managed to get a few things done.

Got a new Hilborn style scoop with some fins to match my Offenhauser valve covers. I will be repainting them all. Black with green accents t match all my other green stuff.

Even the little grill that came with the scoop matched the perforated steel I used for my grill.

Scored a new fuel tank courtesy of one of my bar owner friends...haha It's over at my other buddies having all the fittings and filler neck welded in. I don't know how to tig so I'm leaving that one up to him. It's a perfect fit. Just need to make a little stand to secure it. I will need to hinge the deck lid to open the opposite way so to allow me to fill it. If I were to leave it as is I wouldn't be able to get a nozzle to the filler neck. This will give me a fuel capacity of 58 litres instead of the 20ish I have now. Less pit stops! haha

As part of the deal for helping my buddy with the Lemans, he got me this posi rear end with 3.73 gears. This is going to make Frankie a whole lot more fun! haha

Decided to try my hand at some upholstery. I liked my seats, but they were a little on the plain side. I wanted something a little more interesting. I saw this diamond stitching in an old gasser last summer and wanted to do something similar. I will do the door panels to match the seats.

Here's the planning stages. I was going to do the diamond stitch the whole length of each panel, but decided to break it up and tie it into the sides better.

Here's how they turned out. Not perfect, but I'm pretty happy with how they turned out for my first go. I'll probably end up fixing them up down the road, but these will do for now.