View Single Post
Old January 24th, 2015, 12:50 PM   #80
tattooed_pariah
Site Supporter

Member Photo Albums
Default Re: Effigy's history

finished the driver's door and 90% of the passenger door today.. All I have left is to trim the passenger side a little, and re-install my rain guard thingy..

passenger side was a LOT easier since I had done it once already and I had a wooden wedge to help spread the door and a piece of sheet metal to guide the vent wing in without snagging on the scraper trim..

driver's door back together

the ding in the chrome was there when I pulled it from the package.. these scrapers came from the previous owner.. They're cheap aftermarket with only 4 clips.. I pulled off German originals with 7 clips..

much better..

old scraper

missing most of the scraper portion..

best idea i had.. too bad i didn't think of it for the driver's door... spreading the door gap even just a 1/4 inch helped sooo much...

new scraper in place, just gotta go back out and trim the little bit of extra rubber by the vent wing..

should keep my doors from filling up with water..

next I think I'm gonna buy some of the "waterproof" door panel material. spray some adhesive and put plastic on the door itself, then cut new panels, and find a fabric/material I like to wrap em in..

The panels I have now are original I think..

"I never trust a fighting man who doesn't smoke or drink or at least cause a little trouble." -Admiral William Frederick Halsey Jr.
===========
Feel free to stare and admire,
but kindly tell me if it's on fire!

1972 VolksRod "Effigy" Build Thread
1986 Honda Shadow VT1100 Work Thread
tattooed_pariah is offline   Reply With Quote