Old May 7th, 2011, 07:28 AM   #37
metalmaster1766
Forum Member

Member Photo Albums
Default Re: I aquired another VW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pop View Post
metalmaster1776-- do you want the part number for the seal ? Pop
I thought I posted a yes I want the part number for the seal yesterday, but I guess I could have clicked the X and closed it before I sent my reply.
I tend to do stupid shit like that when I'm tired or in a hurry

but yes I'd like the part number.

I may look up seals and see if I can find one that fits over the stock crankshaft pulley then machine the case to fit the O.D. of the seal.
Or if I knew the size of the special pulley that you use for a un-machined case I would just but the seal only, then turn one of my many crank pulleys down to fit the seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by whozawhat View Post
Sorry for the hijack,

I have a question for Pop,
What are you running for an ignition system??

Now returning to the regularly scheduled program.
Hijack away, you never know, I may learn something new, and I'd like to know about the ignition system as well as more about his plane.
Hell I might put a prop on the back of my Bug just for shit's and giggles.
I have thought about building me one ever since I saw one in a "Popular Mechanics" magazine when I first started wanting a VW.
Which was back in 1976, my aunt married a man who had a 1927 Bugatti replica using a modified VW floor pan and engine, it was the funnest time I ever had in a car (I was 10 at the time), I remember I got in and my uncle (they got a divorce a few years later) told me to keep my arms in because he had no rear fenders on it, then he took off lifting the front wheels about 4 feet off the ground and I was hooked on VW's ever since.

RSS
metalmaster1766 is offline   Reply With Quote