View Single Post
Old May 18th, 2011, 05:56 AM   #47
metalmaster1766
Forum Member

Member Photo Albums
Default Re: I aquired another VW

Yeah I'm gonna head out soon and drop the engine and put a set of 85.5 mm pistons on and see what happens, they aren't new but a friend gave them to me, he said they only have about 1500 miles on them, I honed them yesterday and checked the inside diameter of the cylinders and they aren't worn at all.

I guess I shall find out later this evening or tomorrow morning.

The one think that bothers me about all this is, when I check the oil it is right at the full mark on the dip stick, after I start it and let it run for a few minutes or even just crank it over with out starting, then let it sit 15 to 20 minutes and I pull the dip stick out, wipe it off, stick it back in to check it, the entire dip stick is covered with oil.

So I let it sit a few hours and it's back down to the full mark, crank it over or start it, turn it off and wait 15 to 20 minutes and check it again the dip stick is again covered with oil as if the crank case it full to the top.

I don't know what to think

Is there some way the oil could be clogged up and oil not draining back into the bottom of the case or maybe it is draining back down into the case near the dip stick area covering it with oil when I pull it out?

Guess I'll find out soon enough maybe it needs a radio

Ron

RSS
metalmaster1766 is offline   Reply With Quote