View Single Post
Old July 16th, 2019, 03:33 AM   #337
tattooed_pariah
Site Supporter

Member Photo Albums
Default Re: Effigy's history

Quote:
Originally Posted by tequilla View Post
Great to hear you have it back on the road again!
for now anyway.. haha

I've fallen victim to information overload now..

I have a tach, a speedo, a fuel gauge, the generator light, the oil light, oil pressure, oil temp, wideband, and 4 channel gauge for CHT on each spark plug..

If I just look out the windshield, I enjoy the ride and everything feels fine, but if i'm doing 75mph down the freeway and my gaze wanders down to the instruments, I start trying to analyze all the shit i'm seeing and figure out if there is something wrong or not..

I'm pretty sure right now i'm just in bad need of proper tuning.. wideband still reads lean/air at least half the time, and now my #2 cylinder gets about 5-10 degrees hotter than #3.. 1 and 4 are pretty mellow. The only thing I can think of is I have an A-1 header which connects to a small bullet "muffler" behind the passenger rear tire, so maybe the exhaust heat is affecting #2? It doesn't seem likely, but that's the only thing outside of the engine that would have heat and it is on the only corner of the engine that has temps that are above "norm"

Was thinking of trying to rig some kind of heat shield out of sheet metal and see if it helps..

"I never trust a fighting man who doesn't smoke or drink or at least cause a little trouble." -Admiral William Frederick Halsey Jr.
===========
Feel free to stare and admire,
but kindly tell me if it's on fire!

1972 VolksRod "Effigy" Build Thread
1986 Honda Shadow VT1100 Work Thread
tattooed_pariah is offline   Reply With Quote