Thread: Type 3 VolksRod
View Single Post
Old June 13th, 2005, 07:46 PM   #99
jaransonT3
Type 3 Nut

Quote:
Originally posted by Nick@Jun 13 2005, 11:33 PM
Looks like you're nearing the final stages [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumbsup.gif[/img]
<div align="right">Quoted post</div>
Maybe with the front fenders....but I am a long way from being near the final stages. Still have to chop and recontour the roof. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/Dancing.gif[/img]

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'>mikeschramm Posted Today, 11:37 PM
Jaranson, I have an idea for making your peaks that wouldent involve "too much" work. Go buy a little metal pipe, maybe about 3/8" diameter, and with your cut off wheel split it down the middle. With the split side down take your body hammer and tap both sides in alittle to make it somewhat pointy then weld this section on the top of the fender. Use the grinder to finish off the shape. Im not good at explaining things but it seems easy enough.[/b][/quote]

This could work but I am not sure it would have the right shape. I have access to a nice sheet metal shear and brake at work. I think I can just shear off a narrow strip and then put a 90 degree break in it, tack it on and then tweak the ends to a point. I will probably try one fender to see if I like it. Can always go back and do the other or grind it off.
'69 Square (Panel wanna-be)
'70/'71 Fasty (Jane - the Lead Sled project)

My Home Page
CarArt by John Jaranson
2010 Type 3 Invasion
jaransonT3 is offline   Reply With Quote