View Single Post
Old January 28th, 2014, 07:03 AM   #122
DrHax
Forum Member

Default Re: Things that make you say.... WTF?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tattooed_pariah View Post
that sounds like a shittily unstable distro, or there is something seriously wrong...

if you have a gmail account, you could use their word-clone.. it's free and stores in your gmail cloud.. I used to do my homework there so i could work on it while I was at work and then continue at home without having to remember to send the file to myself..
Basically it was the way Libreoffice didn't exactly save to the harddrive, it mounted it first, then made a copy of the save then SAVED it to the harddrive. The issue is if anything interuppted this madness.. The file got corrupt. So power outage, You're screwed. Screen saver You're screwed. Don't ever... let the screen dim. Yeah...I found the work around was to save to and SD card since it ididn't have to deal with mounting the harddrive and crazy crap like that. Just instant saving to the SD card. Worked great for multiple programs And considering the fact I had 3 different laptops I used.. (all of them broken now... Seriously they don't make those things to last ) it was nice.

Dude...you are sooo fucked!
DrHax is offline   Reply With Quote