Thread: Type 3 VolksRod
View Single Post
Old June 4th, 2005, 07:32 PM   #60
jaransonT3
Type 3 Nut

Quote:
Originally posted by jaransonT3+Jun 4 2005, 10:05 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(jaransonT3 @ Jun 4 2005, 10:05 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-ThrasherBill@Jun 4 2005, 01:45 AM
That is going to look so sick! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumbsup.gif[/img] Will the headlight still mount in the stock location and what are you planning for the trim ring?

ThrasheR
<div align="right">Quoted post</div>
Thanks.

I am not sure about the headlight mount. It will be similar to the stock mount, but probably recessed back just a little. I will make a simple trim ring or modify a stock one to close out the bottom of the headlight bucket.
<div align="right">Quoted post</div>
[/b][/quote]

More progress today. Got the passenger side headlight bucket mostly welded up. Still need to grind it all and hit any spots that I missed. Then smooth it all out with a little filler.

Started bending up the wirefame for the driver's side, too. Will make a template from the passenger side to cut the sheetmetal for the driver's side.

Threw in a headlight with the adjustment bracket and it looks like it will recess nicely. Have to move the mounting tabs, but not a big deal.

I think I will fab up a nice little dished trim ring to fill the gap between the light and the fender. This will let me finish the lower edge of the existing headlight bucket.

What do ya think?
'69 Square (Panel wanna-be)
'70/'71 Fasty (Jane - the Lead Sled project)

My Home Page
CarArt by John Jaranson
2010 Type 3 Invasion
jaransonT3 is offline   Reply With Quote