View Single Post
Old November 1st, 2015, 10:58 AM   #45
moler
Forum Member

Default Re: Volksrod pickup 'Moler Inc'

Thanks guys

The first lot of pictures are from a little over a month ago, I then had a bit of a wobble, and have since changed the overall plan back to plan 'A' which was MOT'd and on the road at the earliest opportunity, and finish while using

So carrying on with door I moved onto the window winder which is now a little too big, and needs shortening...

...to do that I needed to remove the winder mechanism...

...so with it in position it needs a new bend...

...like so...

...I then had to replicate the cut out for the mech...

...temporary fixings...

...not too shabby...

...except when installed it sticks out too far, it needed to go over the hump...

...so I straightened it...

...and re-bent to go over the hump...

...I should point it out I'm going with one piece windows as I like 1932 Ford 3 window coupes, so when I noticed this sticking out...

...I needed I rethink. How about lowering the winder?...

...I sat in the rod and tried the position and it was fine, so that's the way round. Seeing as the winder was moving I removed a section of the inner door to gain access to the window runner...

...measurements transferred...

...and holes cut, and time for a runner...

...except this where the plan changed, I don't need side windows for the MOT so I've left the door there. In the interim I haven't been completely idle, I've been working on the Squareback, but I'll leave that for another thread

So fast forward to this last week, and for some motivation I put him back on his wheels...

...he's ace

Someone asked about surface rust, this is pretty typical...

...so after the discussion about primer before filler I've decided to get him into some primer, I started by keying the original paint on the roof...

...I had some occasional help today...

...so this is where I start...

...all the bare metal has once again had the surface rust removed with a clean & strip disc, I then removed dust and grease with white spirit then panel wipe, and finally I used a tack cloth. Then I started priming...

...the roof and scuttle dried over lunch, then after my youngest wanted a go, so in the fresh air of the garage doorway I let him do the tip on the bonnet...

...I did the rest wearing my mask ...

He'll left like this now for a week as the missus is at work all week so no garage time save for maybe getting him turned round so I can start the next job, the other door

Last edited by moler; December 19th, 2016 at 09:16 AM. Reason: New pic url's
moler is offline   Reply With Quote