Thread: Type 3 VolksRod
View Single Post
Old July 3rd, 2005, 02:30 PM   #118
jaransonT3
Type 3 Nut

Quote:
Originally posted by Unkl Ian@Jul 3 2005, 01:09 PM
Moving the roof forward would be cool,or lay the windshield back. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumbsup.gif[/img]
Or maybe swap in a different windshield. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/Sawzallsmiley.gif[/img]
If anything I would stand it up a little bit to get the roof line that I want. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin.gif[/img]

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'>Changing the body line on the side would be difficult to do well,
both in terms of design,and workmanship.

If I was going to do it,I'd look at the lines of the '53 Buick side trim,
commonly used on Lead Sled Mercs.

And I'd suggest a complete custom dash,or adapt something else,
instead of modifying the stock piece.

My 2 cents.
<div align="right">Quoted post</div>
[/b][/quote]

The dash is going to be custom....I am cooking up some ideas for it already. I will have to sketch them up and see what everyone thinks.

Ok, some actual progress today....no more PhotoShop.

Started out with the Sawzall... [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/Sawzallsmiley.gif[/img]

Then started filling in the top of the door. Got this far before running out of welding wire. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/cry.gif[/img]

Going to get some wire on Tuesday and keep at it. In the meantime, I will have to keep using the Sawzall.. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/Sawzallsmiley.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/Sawzallsmiley.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/Sawzallsmiley.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/Dancing.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/Dancing.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/Dancing.gif[/img]

BTW, the roof rack is just sitting there to get it out of the way unitl the next swap meet. It will not be part of this build.
'69 Square (Panel wanna-be)
'70/'71 Fasty (Jane - the Lead Sled project)

My Home Page
CarArt by John Jaranson
2010 Type 3 Invasion
jaransonT3 is offline   Reply With Quote