View Single Post
Old April 4th, 2021, 11:46 AM   #10
66 Shorty
Forum Member

Member Photo Albums
Default Re: Been a long time...

I have basically just collected parts to build it. So far as far as building anything for it, I've widened the beam 5 inches and added hook stops with VW Thing arms and spindles... the chassis is the same one (1974) I re-did for the street buggy I was building, which I never finished... I have a 6 rib trans and I purchased 3 X 3's for the rear, with 930 CV's and 28mm torsion bars.The body I have is a rust free 1968 that needs some attention in many areas. The one thing that got me to buy this body was that the heater channels were replaced. Although they weren't installed correctly. So the body doesn't quite fit right. And everything needs adjusting. The roof is pretty dented up which I didn't notice when I was buying it cuz he still had a roof rack of l on it which I wanted with the car but no luck with that. The body is a completely empty shell with no wiring, glad or anything... so I'm not 100% at on using this body yet. 🤔

The more I get into this thing, the more changes I keep making, so that keeps delaying things a lot as well. Like now I'm thinking of going with an electric power steering unit from a Prius and a Saco rack instead of a stock VW Thing steering box that I just freshened up... and custom length tie rods I made for the widened beam...😆

I'll post pics at some point.
66 Shorty is offline   Reply With Quote