View Single Post
Old January 17th, 2009, 05:52 PM   #112
Dbug41
Forum Member

Member Photo Albums
Default Re: Volksrodder Meals - real recipes for cutters, welders, and drivers

Let me get THE WIFE

Hey guy's here is a brief history or our recipes starting in the lean years,the crappy years and to the present!
Ok so the husband drug me away from what I was doing to tell you how he got fat!
So in the beginning we always had the munchies but no money
recipe 1
This one is still one of his favorites and really easy
Take one package of keilbasa sliced into half inch pieces
one box of augratin potatoes and one can of french cut green beans, prepare the potatoes according to the directions but cut the butter by half stir in the sausage and drained greenbeans, top with cheddar cheese and bake ! 165lbs
recipe 2
Take about 12 mushrooms sliced place in the bottom of a large sauce pan add 1 cup sliced onions, 2 tbsp of butter ,1 clove of garlic minced, sautee till golden brown. place 4 sirlion pork chops directly on top, cover and let simmer about 15 minutes. Add 4 potatoes diced on top of pork chops. pour 1/4 cup soy sauce over top 2 tsp black pepper,re-cover and cook 15 more minutes, add 1 package of frozen fordhook lima beans cover and cook for 15 more minutes,enjoy! 200lbs
recipe 3
cook 1 package of fettucine noodles, set aside. take one garlic clove minced brown in large deep fry pan with 1 tbsp butter add 1 pint heavy whipping cream, bring to a simmer, add 1 cup fresh shredded parmesan cheese whisk to keep from sticking, add 2 cups fresh spinach leaves, they will shink to about 1/2 cup. turn to low and get small sauce pan, add 1 tbsp butter 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar, 1tbsp onion powder reduce to a glaze, while doing this grill several sirlion tips till med rare, dice some sundried tomatoes , add noodles to sauce, plate noodles ,put sirlion tips on top , drizzle glaze on sirlions, top with sundried tomatoes and gorgonzola cheese! 230lbs
recipe 4
This is his favorite!!!!
Take 2 large boneless skinless chicken breasts, filet them in half so you and up with 4 thin ones, tenderized each side with a good mallet, in mixing bowl combine 2 1/3 cups flour , and 1/2 tsp salt , make a well in the middle, in another bowl combine 2 eggs, 1/2 cup water, 1tsp olive oil, beat well, pour into well in flour mixture. stir briskly until all ingredients are combined evenly, lay wax paper on counter flour wax paper lightly, roll mixture out to about 1/4 inch thickness, let stand 10 minutes, in yet another bowl , so you have lots of dishes to do after you've slaved over the meal, combine 2 cups of ricoota cheese, 1 cup grated asiago, 2tsp oregano, 1tsp garlic powder,and 1 egg, mix well. now take a shot glass, I know you have one , and cut an equal amount of circles out of the dried dough. place 1/2 tsp of cheese mixture on half of the circles, places unused circles on top, and use a fork to seal the edges of each circle ravioli, let sit, take a large sauce pan put 2tsp of olive oil in pan 1 minced garlic clove, brown slowly so not to burn the garlic, lightly salt and pepper the chicken, place small amount of fontina cheese in chicken, add 1 chopped sage leaf on top of cheese, roll chcken up and toothpick it to hold shape, sautee chicken in olive oil and garlic, you just want to sear the chicken till lightly brown about 5 minutes, remove chicken , and take out toothpicks it should hold together, place in 9 x 12 baking dish, in same pan add 1 cup white wine and 1 can diced fire roasted tomatoes, just heat to deglaze pan, pour over chicken, place ine oven at 350, put large sauce pan of water on to boil, in food processor place about 12 basil leaves , 1 clove garlic, 1/ cup grated parmesan cheese, 1tsp salt, 1/ cup pine nuts, 1/2 cup olive oil, 1tsp red wine vinegar, blend. put fresh ravioli in pot to boil, about 7 minutes , drain, stir in stir in last mixture, plate ravioli, place chicken beside and spoon tomatoe sauce over, enjoy! 265lbs
OK I see the error of my ways!!!
He gets SALAD for the next 12 yrs!!!
Thanks Guy's
Mrs. Dbug41
Give me a like on facebook
https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-V...59432887438851
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I can't make it "idiot proof" the universe will just make a better idiot and send them my way
life is short make fun of it!
Dbug41 is offline   Reply With Quote