View Single Post
Old October 6th, 2011, 08:54 AM   #11
metalmaster1766
Forum Member

Member Photo Albums
Default Re: My newest VW, the "Fire Bug"

So nothing much new other than putting a set of coil over shocks on the front, it raised it up an inch, but I had to do something

Where the extender adapter bolts onto where the beam originally bolted to was the lowest part of the front, the part of the thick sheet that make up the hmm the craddle that holds the beam bends down at the bottom and extends about 1/2 an inch to 1/4 or an inch keeps hitting the blacktop or the concrete which ever I'm driving on when I take a big gouge out of it

I mean it hits hard if my tire goes into a large enough pot-hole, or at intersections that have a stop sign only and lots of traffic which leaves a trench from all the car tires on hot days

The bottom of my car drags for almost 10 feet at an intersection like I described which is less than a half mile from my house

So I put on the coil over shocks and raised it up about 1-1/2 inches, after I drive it a bit to let it settle I'll measure it to see how close that flange section is, I'll feel better if it is an inch higher

A few pics

I also fixed the rear drum brakes, I had a leaky wheel cylinder which I replaced as well as all the metal brake lines in the back, it stops so much better now

One of these days I wanna get the disc brakes on the rear, all I need to do is buy four 10mm bolts and drill 4 holes so a 10mm bolt will pass thru, bolt it up then weld 1 piece per side and it's finished, like I said, one of these days

Ron

RSS

Last edited by metalmaster1766; September 11th, 2014 at 08:14 AM.
metalmaster1766 is offline   Reply With Quote