Thread: Wheel adapters
View Single Post
Old June 16th, 2005, 12:37 PM   #11
Hapster
Forum Member

Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally posted by Steve+Jun 16 2005, 07:15 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Steve @ Jun 16 2005, 07:15 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-So-cal Tex@Jun 15 2005, 10:27 PM
I got the rears drilled for 5-5.5 and the machine shop charged $40 for both and thats in Claifornia where every is twice what most people pay.

I would bring the machine shop one of those plastic lug nut rings( the one for checking the lug pattern of wheels) and show them where to drill. Sometimes people make alot of excuse for a job they percieve to be difficult??
<div align="right">Quoted post</div>

You musta missed the "fronts" part. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/funny.gif[/img]

I've had no problem finding folks to do the rears... but the fronts are a different story. Even SoCal imports (who sells the blank drums and also re-drills them for customers) says they won't touch em.

You luck may vary. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/Idunno.gif[/img]
<div align="right">Quoted post</div>
[/b][/quote]

Steve-
I talked to Josh (I think he is the machinist- at least he knew what he was talking about) at So Cal imports and he quoted me a price for the fronts with a 5X5.5 and was told that there is no problem with that size pattern. 29.95 each for the blanks 60 to drill the pair 31.90 for the studs and 20 to press them in. Total of just under 200, I am just waiting for the money to order them.

You gotta love v-rodders. 40*, poor brakes, 1/4 suspension working, 3+ body colors...but I drove it dammit!

I totally feel at home here.

project pics
http://s50.photobucket.com/albums/f3...ster/?newest=1