View Single Post
Old July 3rd, 2005, 02:58 PM   #1
rottenpop
Forum Member

Sorry if this has been covered before but I cant find anything on what I,m trying to do.

I want to build a fenderless roadster pickup and rather than use a frame extender to move the front wheels, I want to shorten whats left of the body and move it back on the pan as well as chanelling it by about 5" or so. I,ve removed the heater channels and will be mounting the body to the pan with some 90 degree angle section welded to the body sections and reusing the original bolt holes. All pretty straight forward so far.......

The problem I,m faced with is where to shorten the pan? I was originally thinking of taking 10" out of the front floor and moving the pedals,shifter,parking brake, back on the tunnel. Leave the framehead alone complete with brake m/cyl and just extend the linkage to to the brake pedal. Hmmmmm.

The other way is to take 10" out from behind the front seats and move the whole pan back (lots more welding)

So, if you,ve any experience in this sort of mod, help me out here before I turn a good floorpan into a pile of scrap! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/Sawzallsmiley.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/FreakinSmiley.gif[/img]

We would have been like a couple of monkies fucking footballs if it wasn't for Lee.