View Single Post
Old January 5th, 2010, 04:17 PM   #19
Palepainter
Forum Member

Default Re: My concept for the general Vee

Well lets see, It has been almost 3 years of living in Colorado doing nothing but remodeling in my spare time. I promised my wife I wouldnt start any car projects until the house was done. Ah, well....the house is done now. It's exactly the way my wife wanted it.

SO NOW IT IS MAN CAVE TIME!!!!

I have been lurking the forums for most of the time I have been gone, have been greatly inspired by quite a few of the projects here, Johns Type 3, Hawaiin Punch, ClarkCustom's Section 8 and a few different truck projects I have been keeping up on. Great work everyone, thank you for keeping me from selling my cars.

I have decided to keep the sedan roofline with a Capella chop. I am debating going for the hard top look and removing the B pillar. I am not quite firm on it yet. 4.5" chop in the front and 2.5 in the rear. I am going to keep the stock rear glass unless I can find an oval clip to graft. I have my eyes open for an 8 in beam extension. Not wanting to cut into the hood for the 10 in beam. I am going to utilize VW door hinges for a suicide door set up. Also am considering an earlier model windshield section to obtain a lower looking front roof line. Also, the rag top to be plopped in as well

I am starting with a 66 relatively rust free that I found between a barn and a house here in North Colorado. A couple hundred later I was down the road with a car on trailer and a title. Weeeeee.

I have gutted the full car and removed all the burnables. Found about 400 bucks worth of gold locket and chain in the car. Gave it to my daughter. I will be keeping the original General Vee for another project after this one is done.
Here are a few pics from the disassembly and the concept I am going to go with.

Only a couple of rust patch panels needed on this.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg generalveecoupe.jpg (72.4 KB, 926 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF0587.jpg (78.1 KB, 48 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF0585.JPG (71.0 KB, 39 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF0574.jpg (109.6 KB, 37 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF0572.jpg (74.7 KB, 46 views)