View Single Post
Old September 29th, 2008, 04:20 PM   #75
max16v
Forum Member

Default Re: Der Straßenkratzer

Not much of an update today since I caught a cold and it started hitting me on Friday night. Basically my whole weekend was wasted.

I was able to get a small amount of work done to the v-rod. I pulled the beam off and cut off/ground down the steering dampener bracket so I could move the steering box over to the other side. Also got the tie rods swapped but had a small problem with one of 'em. A tie rod end (Lt. thread) won't screw all the way in the tie rod, so it looks like I need a threader to fix that problem.

I planned out how to mount the lever shocks, that I picked up at the Pomona Swap meet a couple months ago, to the front end. I'll get some photos when it's done.

Still trying to rebuild the axles but they are being a complete bitch to take apart. Oh, not to mention fucking messy. I tore apart 1 axle so far and it looks like I need to order some new c/v's since I came across 1 with major pitting in the joint race.
This car is a damn money pit.

On to different news, I received my new stainless spokes for my Cafe bike from Buchanan's today which took my mind off of being sick for a while. I'll take some pics of the new rim lacing and finished product once it's finished, hopefully by the end of this week.

That's it. Move along... move along.
'56 Royal Enfield Super Meteor -The NorField
'69 T1 "Das Straßenzerstörer"
'86 Scirocco 16vT
max16v is offline   Reply With Quote