Cut-Weld-Drive Forums

Go Back   Cut-Weld-Drive Forums > The VolksRodders Forum > SH*T For Sale/Wanted > SH*T For Sale

User Information
Your Avatar

Stuff to check out...

Cool stuff you NEED!

Forum Stats
Members: 16,080
Threads: 31,485
Total Online: 58

Newest Member: Rotorican

Latest Threads
- by DrHax
- by d3ghia
- by KrazyK

Old July 15th, 2010, 07:22 PM   #1
38Chevy454
Site Supporter

Default USA Made High Quality Large Bear Claw Latches
Price: $35/pair shipped   Location: Albuquerque, NM   

I needed some bear claw latches for my car. Could not find any that were good quality and decent price. So I found a US made, high quality large size bear claw latch and bought enough to get a decent price and share with people. Latch size is 4.5 tall x 1.75 wide x 0.75 thick, the std large size bear claw latch.

These meet Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standards, which means they are OEM quality. Not some aftermarket crap. Zinc plated for corrosion resistance. They are 2-position 2-arm catch for extra security. When you release the latch it helps push the striker bolt out and the door open when they release - no door popper needed. I ordered them with an extra long arm 2.5 inch from pivot to hole, so they are easy to pull open or adapt to your needs. The four holes are threaded 1/4 x 20 (1/4 coarse) thread for easy mounting. I ordered new striker bolts with the latches, they have 7/16 x 14 (7/16 coarse) threaded stud.

You can buy the same thing for a lot more money elsewhere. I am not making any serious profit or trying to go into the bear claw business. Just helping friends. $30 for a pair of bear claw latches and striker bolts plus $6 shipping in USPS flat rate small box. Pair is one left and one right latch, they are mirror image. Total is $36 shipped in US.

I can fit 2 pairs (4 total latches and 4 striker bolts) in the box for the same $6 shipping, but it is tight. Total is $66 shipped in US. International is $14.45 shipping to Europe, Australia, New Zealand, Sweden, etc for one or two pairs. Canada is $12.45 shipping for one or two pairs.

I have these same latches on ebay for $37/pair due to all the ebay fees. Save yourself money and get the same thing here for cheaper.

Pic below has the top latch in the halfway closed position. Bottom latch in fully closed position.

Pic below shows the striker bolts in the fully closed and halfway positions

You will not be disappointed in these. Good high quality US made latches for your door. These do not need a high power solenoid to open. Please use PM and contact me if interested. I can take paypal or MO's. Thanks, Terry

Edit Jan 31, 2011: I have to increase shipping costs by $1 due to post office increase effective Jan 1st.

See my other ad for small size bear claw latches here:
http://www.volksrods.com/forum/showthread.php?t=32942

buy here directly: www.hotrodlatches.com

Last edited by 38Chevy454; January 31st, 2011 at 07:54 PM. Reason: shipping $1 cost increase effective Jan 1, 2011. Added international shipping costs
38Chevy454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 31st, 2011, 08:00 PM   #2
38Chevy454
Site Supporter

Default Re: USA Made High Quality Large Bear Claw Latches

Bump this ad back to the top. I have sold many of these on the HAMB with lots of happy customers, see the ad and some feedback here for yourself:
http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/s...d.php?t=492615

I have sold them all over the US, almost every state. International is probably 10 sets to Canada, couple sets to Mexico, maybe 10 more sets to Australia, some others to Finland, Norway, UK, and New Zealand. International is not a problem, most international buyers are getting the best product for a good price than they can find anywhere.

As one guy said "High quality USA parts at China junk price"

buy here directly: www.hotrodlatches.com
38Chevy454 is offline   Reply With Quote