Next thing to be done was a quick go through of the AutoStick tranny. I was able to purchase a NOS pressure plate but every clutch I bought turned out to be a standard 6v 4 speed clutch. Three different Supppliers sent the wrong one. I now have a collection of 6V clutches if I ever get a 6V bug. I ended up getting my old clutch relined at the local truck and transmission rebuilders. After the clutch the next problem was the Oil pump, AutoSticks use a dual pump on the engine It took several days of searching I finally found a company the made the seals for the pump Rebuilt pumps for these a expensive. Other items that were hard to find are Vacuum lines in the right metric size I ended up with US sized that I stretched ( them heavy duty hydrolic line are a pain to stretch out, The rubber bushings on the clutch arm got replaced with nylon bushings I made from high temp nylon scraps from work. I bolted everything together on the pan started it up and it seamed to run fine The transmission even shifted.
The body was completely stripped, the only rust was from where the brake resivor leaked and ate the panel just in front of the hinges, nad some mall pin holes from stone chips. We sand blasted the bad spots, replaced the rusty panel from a cut up piece off the junk Bug I had to by to get the tranny. then a little bondo, lits of fill primer, sealer and paint. It sat for 3 months since I didn't feel like working in a unheated garage lat winter at 10 -20 degrees.
I'll put up some pictures when I find them I seem to have misplaced all th resto pics on my computer.