Threads: 32,327
Total Online: 504

Newest Member: justinvw2275

Latest Threads
- by Bugula

Old April 18th, 2006, 07:30 PM   #1
Hotrodpez
Forum Member

Location: Mission Viejo, Orange County, Kalifornia, USA, Earth, Sol System, Milky Way.

So i figured we needed a place to talk about what pisses us off, what makes driving enjoyable, tips, stories, and insights. So let er rip.

So me? Im a "go the speed limit" kinda guy. Out here in Cali the speed limits are all quite reasonable. But what really irks me is when youre on a highway with two people going the same (very slow) speed and they seem to drive along side one another, making it impossible to pass. Or when im cruisin along, enjoying myself and im cut off by some dickhead in a Beemer. And those people in their fancy automatics that like to creep up really close on a hill so you have no "roll back" room. Ugh.

What else? [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/Idunno.gif[/img]
Originally Posted by bugdust
If you can't measure your own floor then this project may be too much for you...just my opinion.
People who say im hard to shop for must not know where to buy beer...

Common parking lot conversation...

Its a volksrod...
Yes, it runs...
Yeah I drive it...
No, I'm not crazy.

Here's to living single, seeing double, and sleeping triple!

Myspace: http://www.myspace.com/lukepezanoski
Hotrodpez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 18th, 2006, 07:38 PM   #2
BiggJ22
Forum Member

I've got just plain stupid for you. A couple months ago I put a good running engine I got for free in my bus. I'm in a hurry because I"m moving and I need to move the bus and need the bus to move. My dumb ass doesn't double check the fucking drain plug for tightness and it falls out on my second 2 hour each way trip to my new pad. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/imwithstupid.gif[/img] Not only that but I didn't hook up the fuckin wire for the "HOLY SHIT I HAVE NO OIL" light. Fried the fucker doing about 70mph. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/mad.gif[/img] I'm finally gettin a new engine this weekend for it. And yes I will be double checking that every fuckin thing is tightened up this time. I plead temporary retardedness.

Jason

67 Bug
74 Bug
'70 Baywindow - Sophie (sold )

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve
Don't underestimate the power of my nuts.
My nuts laugh at your feeble attempts of protection.
BiggJ22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 18th, 2006, 07:42 PM   #3
blacktruck
Forum Member

Member Photo Albums

this is kind dumb but whatever,wtf is the deal with headlight courtesy and new style HELL of bright bulbs?
If my rear window werent tinted it'd be impossible to see sometimes from the reflected light,and the head on thing....grrr

and I'm just not cool enough to wear sunglasses at night
Old April 18th, 2006, 07:43 PM   #4
FONZY
Forum Member

I'm a racist sonuvabich...

I hate everyone with equal rage and contempt.

cept my Momma... shes a saint:)
Old April 18th, 2006, 08:20 PM   #5
choppedNchanneled
Forum Member

poeple always creeping up at a stop light even though traffic is not moving.cant you sit still for 2 seconds? poeple on freeway who do all they can to get ahead of you, then you pass them later on when they are on the phone. idiots who start driving on the shoulder when traffic backs up (wheres that gatorade bottle i been filling up?) dumbasses who cant stay in one lane when turning left thru an intersection.and the assholes who park at the diesel pump and go shopping or walk back in for there change while im waiting. courtesy dictates you move away from the pump! i drive over 5000 miles amonth and these are the things that bother me the most.
Old April 19th, 2006, 12:16 PM   #6
Hapster
Forum Member

Member Photo Albums

Your cruizing along at about 4 over the limit on cruise control and in the slow lane. You come up on somebody who is slower than you and you move to the fast lane to go around them. They speed up and make you really go over the speed limit to pass or you are in the fast lane too long and then some real speeders get on your tail.

The other is that you pass a real slow driver just to have them rip past you and cut you off.

You gotta love v-rodders. 40*, poor brakes, 1/4 suspension working, 3+ body colors...but I drove it dammit!

I totally feel at home here.

project pics
http://s50.photobucket.com/albums/f3...ster/?newest=1
Hapster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 19th, 2006, 12:33 PM   #7
ConductorX
Forum Member

Getting cut off and people talking on the cell phone and not paying attention.

I don't have a problem with cell phone talkers but they typically drive slower and slower until they hang up.

Worse thing I witnessed was people reading and a woman eating a salad with a fork while driving.

"G"
No one ever says "It's only a game." when his team is winning.
ConductorX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 19th, 2006, 12:35 PM   #8
sethbarr
Forum Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Hapster @ Apr 19 2006, 03:16 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>

The other is that you pass a real slow driver just to have them rip past you and cut you off.
[/b][/quote]

that is how my wife drives and it actually makes me nautious to be a passenger in a vehicle with her, if she is driving i have to take drammamine or fall asleep and hope we don't die
Old April 19th, 2006, 12:50 PM   #9
hal
Forum Member

i don't have any of these problems......i'm so neer sighted. nothing out there bugs me at all , cause i cant see shit.... by the way at boa i'll be driving a yellow ford pu. so stay out of the way [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/unsure.gif[/img]
Old April 19th, 2006, 01:10 PM   #10
purplemyth
moody witch

Member Photo Albums

<span style="color:#993399">every day, I go to school to sit for 45mins amongst big suvs and other minivan moms,,, waiting to get my youngest . I drive normal , observing laws and such. sometimes I stop traffic and let a whole slug of busses out, then go on, ( I live 1mile from school haha!) Seems every one thinks bugs are slow as snails going up hill in the winter. Well some punk in a great big shiny black new 4X4 is so close all I see is chrome undercarriage....some one else let the busses depart, I was back in line aways, other cars turning off on side roads, I putz along to make him mad, then I proceeded to show him just how fast a dragon will fly, I crested the hill at 70, he was 1/4 mile down the hill ... He does not sit on my tail feathers any more... maybe it was the oil spraying from the rear apron!! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/funny.gif[/img]

It really irks me , the cell phones, yak yak yak, I don't answer mine... and old people who ride their brakes, green means GO!!!! turn signals on for miles! ARGH!... I could go on, but I'm still LMAO from the 2 replies above me! dramamine, maybe I'll get some for hubby!! </span>
Originally Posted by fishguts
My attraction to volksrods is that these are bottom-feeders where things are still real ... people scraping together parts, doing their own work and often on a tight budget. Real hot rodding is still alive here.
purplemyth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 19th, 2006, 02:12 PM   #11
walt
Forum Member

My biggest gripe is........... I always stay in the lane of traffic that I need to be in so that I will be able to make my next turn. There is always a long line of backed up traffic doing the same exact thing. And sure as hell I'll see someone behind me that will change lanes to pass all of us and at the last minute they will cut back into our lane so that we all have to slam on our brakes. I realize that those people have a much more important life then the rest of us and we really shouldn't be in their way at all but I truely think that is why gun control is such a big issue here in Cali.

But then again we would probably have a lot more polite people around here if everybody was packin. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/funny.gif[/img]

I'm bilingual.......I talk to men and women

My Volks-Rod
Rat Patrol Web Page
Rat Patrol photos
Rat Patrol Car Build Thread
Rat Patrol Timeline
Rat Patrol Videos
(RIGHT click and choose SAVE TARGET AS and download to your PC)
Movie1
Movie2
walt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 19th, 2006, 02:21 PM   #12
BiggJ22
Forum Member

I hate that shit. I see for the most part the same cars doing the same commute everyday. But none of them are in the damn lane they need to be in untill the last second when they force themselves in. Maybe I'm the only non retard on my commute that knows when I am turning off and change into the right lane a mile or two before the exit.

67 Bug
74 Bug
'70 Baywindow - Sophie (sold )

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve
Don't underestimate the power of my nuts.
My nuts laugh at your feeble attempts of protection.
BiggJ22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 19th, 2006, 02:37 PM   #13
mohonker
Forum Member

Member Photo Albums

How about people who will pull out in front of you when you are way too close for them to do so and then give you the evil eye or the finger because you end up on their ass. Or people who pull out in front of you when you don't have a car in sight behind you and then turn left and you both have to stop for opposing traffic. Or people going down the expressway reading the newspaper at 65 MPH. Or people who are stuck in a 2 mile long line of traffic who won't give you a break and let you into the line. WTF they aren't going anywhere anyway why not give a guy a break. Or people who won't give you a wave of thanks when you let them into line, the discourteous f*cks. Whatever. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/Idunno.gif[/img]

Deck Lid ? We don't need no stinkin deck lid.
mohonker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 19th, 2006, 03:18 PM   #14
hal
Forum Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(mohonker @ Apr 19 2006, 03:37 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
How about people who will pull out in front of you when you are way too close for them to do so and then give you the evil eye or the finger because you end up on their ass. Or people who pull out in front of you when you don't have a car in sight behind you and then turn left and you both have to stop for opposing traffic. Or people going down the expressway reading the newspaper at 65 MPH. Or people who are stuck in a 2 mile long line of traffic who won't give you a break and let you into the line. WTF they aren't going anywhere anyway why not give a guy a break. Or people who won't give you a wave of thanks when you let them into line, the discourteous f*cks. Whatever. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/Idunno.gif[/img]
[/b][/quote]

wow cool down dude... i think your blood pressure went up a little there, take a deep breath [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/chillin.gif[/img]
Old April 19th, 2006, 04:37 PM   #15
Turbo Punk
Forum Member

Among a lot of things already posted, I hate when people inch out of side streets into a main road and stop traffic so they can make their left turn. Kind of make me wish I had my first car ('75 cougar) so I could T-bone the fuckers and and just pollish out the scratches when I get home. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink.gif[/img] ....Tim
Turbo Punk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 13th, 2006, 02:56 PM   #16
purplemyth
moody witch

Member Photo Albums

lets see if I can describe this right.
youre a lil old lady in a huge fullsize 80's LTD, 4dr, with a cradle rack extending from the butt end of your car another 2ft. You pull up to a stop sign, you want to cross a 4lane rd with a divider and a crossover space in front of you that is 1&1/2 times the size of a single lane. You look to the traffic you'll be pulling into . You failed to notice the traffic you must cross had left the red lite 2blocks down the rd about 30secs ago, and you slowly pull across the 2 lanes in front of you, and stopp short, the butt end and the rack now cover one whole lane. and the lead of the pack is a neon red ford explorer, and a purple car WITH A FLAMING RED DESIGN ON IT !!!
HOW THE HECK COULD YOU NOT SEE IT!!??? especially when you turn and it's sitting , talons, inches away from your drivers door WITH A SCREAMING MAD DRIVER!!!!!
your eyes get large as you have just recieved a graciuos sign of love from the screaming mad driver as you slowly pulled in front of an aaron's delivery truck who has a horn much louder than mine will ever be!
she will not forget me next time~ [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/yelling.gif[/img]
Originally Posted by fishguts
My attraction to volksrods is that these are bottom-feeders where things are still real ... people scraping together parts, doing their own work and often on a tight budget. Real hot rodding is still alive here.
purplemyth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 13th, 2006, 04:09 PM   #17
purplepeopleeater
Forum Member

i hate people that pass on the right going full throttle in a mini....oh wait that was me today [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/funny.gif[/img]
purplepeopleeater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 13th, 2006, 08:22 PM   #18
rickratchet
Forum Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(BiggJ22 @ Apr 18 2006, 07:38 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
I've got just plain stupid for you. A couple months ago I put a good running engine I got for free in my bus. I'm in a hurry because I"m moving and I need to move the bus and need the bus to move. My dumb ass doesn't double check the fucking drain plug for tightness and it falls out on my second 2 hour each way trip to my new pad. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/imwithstupid.gif[/img] Not only that but I didn't hook up the fuckin wire for the "HOLY SHIT I HAVE NO OIL" light. Fried the fucker doing about 70mph. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/mad.gif[/img] I'm finally gettin a new engine this weekend for it. And yes I will be double checking that every fuckin thing is tightened up this time. I plead temporary retardedness.

Jason
[/b][/quote]
I rebilt a 36 horse .Went for a test drive with idiot lite on I thought it was a bad sender.Idrove about 2 blocks Ipulled into shop cked no oil Thanks to assembly lube. motor still ran ok
rickratchet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 13th, 2006, 08:28 PM   #19
georgiaboy
Forum Member

i hate to say this but "SHUT-UP AND DRIVE".
Old May 13th, 2006, 08:51 PM   #20
FONZY
Forum Member

I had a bit of fun a few days ago...

I'm sittin in rush hour traffic on the freeway, in this one spot where 3 different freeways merge into one... a real mess but whataya gonnado, ya know? so theres is a 15 or 20 foot wide RIGHT hand shoulder right near the end of this scrunch that jaggofs like to zip through and merge back into traffic where the highway crosses a bridge and there is only 2 feet of shoulder on the right side.... and I swear I get some dumbass trying to muscle into the right lane in front of me after doing this lil short cut at 90 EVERY fucking time I go through this mess in the right lane.

well it happens that this time I just sat there blocking the guy so he couldn't get back into the lane right at the bridge. I just sat there. everyone is pulling around me . traffic is moving along. moving aling. of course all the idiots behind me (who were paying REAL close attention to what is going on DIRECTLY in front of them park RIGHT on my ass in a 15 car backup, and cant go around me)

so after about a minute of staring off into space (to my left) I give the 'whoops! holy crap!' look and start moving... so this guy gets right in behind me. honking. flashing his lights. revving his engine. RIDING my bumper. after a half mile of this he zips around me, gets over in front of me and as I am taking the exit he cuts over RIGHT ion front of me and brake checks me. I didnt stop. I just went around him, course with my luck the light is red .. and yes the shithead pulls right up next to me rolls down his window (purple faced) screaming fuckity fuck fuck whtatsyerproblemdickhead!?

I ignore him. while I am staring straight ahead chuckling to myself he throws a big gulp through my window.

its fucking ON, right? I throw it in park and start to open my door, he peels out over the curb and takes the turn...

I follow. hes in a geo metro. Im in a V6 ranger with a reprogrammed chip. it werent hard to keep up. He brake checks me. I pushed his ass out into the middle of the intersection at a red light. he stops. traffic in both directions stop. I pull up next to him on the passenger side and throw MY coke right through fucking his window into his fucking lap and drive away.

he cheses me. angry AS all hell now right... I get back on the freeway, whre its a fucking parking lot. he is following me down the service road, stopping, getting out and throwing rocks at me ... misses me every time although he did hit a couple of other people. one car he hit was a big black ford truck who drives across the right hand median, pulls up next to him and proceeds to chase him around his car!

I drive on smiling quietly to myself. until...

as i am creeping along in traffic I see this moron standing on the overpass in front of me. Im trapped right?

So I pull out my 44 revolver from its case under the passenger seat.
I sit it on the dashboard all gleaming in the sun where he can see it.

he got in his car and drove away.

most exciting fucking thing I have EVER had happen to me out on the road...

Just so you kids know, I would NEVER have shot at the guy. gun wasnt even loaded. but it could have been. it could have been ALOT early in this whole scenario.

please be careful who ya start freakin out on out there... ya never know when yer gonna run across some totally crazy fuck who just dont care, ya know?
Old May 14th, 2006, 02:50 PM   #21
Reaper
Forum Member

Member Photo Albums

Wow Fonz, sounds like some serious fun you had there, reminds me of a story a friend of mine told me a couple of years back....
His wife and him we're goin down the road in his mini-truck, when some punks in another mini-truck pull up and start ridin' his ass, they rev their motor, swerve left and right behind him, pull around him, cut him off, brake check him, then they pull back to his drivers side, and start cussing him out, name calling and all kinds of whacko shit. My friend had had enough [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/yelling.gif[/img] , so he reaches under the seat, and grabs his very real looking(Especially at night) BB pellet repeater. His wife grabs at his arm holding the 9MM replica, and they struggle over it for a second, next thing my friend looks over, and everyone in the other truck turns ghost white, the guy riding in the back of the truck(Yeah that's legal here on Guam) dives down into the bed, and the driver makes the quickest U-turn my buddy ever saw, wheels spinning and even jumping the curb on the opposite side of the road. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/hello.gif[/img]
Man I wish I could have seen the look on their faces.
Volksrod- [volks-rod] verb, volks.rod.ded, volks.rod.ding. Slang.
A Volkswagen modified in either looks, performance, paint, or a combination of the three, over factory stock.
http://www.myspace.com/isotope0

Reaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 14th, 2006, 04:14 PM   #22
Ian
Forum Member

People are stupid.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo Punk View Post
it went to a Samba Monkey.
It's all fun and games until the strippers call the cops.

Volksrods.com - Re-engineering the VW Bug one at a time
Ian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 14th, 2006, 04:48 PM   #23
bugdust
Forum Member

Member Photo Albums

I'm not the worst driver on the planet but I'm in the top 10. I've seen old Asian women that drive better than me. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/funny.gif[/img] Pick a problem, I've done it!! I try to be more mature and responsible now that I'm older and have a family and all that but sometimes I just can't refrain myself. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/dry.gif[/img] I peg my F-150 at it's 97 mph limit almost daily. I pass in No Passing zones, my left brakelight has been out for two weeks now (signal too), I speed constantly, I thought my wife was going to kill me Friday because I went up the wrong side of the road and we almost got hit. I can explain that one. The list goes on and on.

What I do hate that I don't do is the speed up when passing thing. I had a guy in a new Monte Carlo do that to me a few months back and of course I had to speed up even more (slowing down and pulling in behind him was not an option). So when I got around him I had to nail the brakes then we switched places a couple of times. I did get out of the truck at an intersection but he hauled ass so I got back beside him down the road and threw a water bottle at his window as I went by. He backed off. This incident made me really examine how I drive and I am trying to grow up a little.

I've had 41 tickets, 2 accidents with me driving (technically [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/funny.gif[/img] ), my license was suspended a few times, once for 5 years, been to driver improvement school twice, etc. I figure I've paid around $9k to be able to have that little pice of plastic in my wallet. That's in early 90's money. That's also not counting the higher insurance, lost jobs, etc.

Man, I love this place. It's like therapy but much cheaper. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin.gif[/img]

Quote:
No pics, but oh well, if you really, really need to see metal removed, turn off your computer and work on your car... ~ Ray-Dean
bugdust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 16th, 2009, 12:43 PM   #24
Ian
Forum Member

Default Assholes flippin me off

I daily drive my Bus/SingleCab and in doing so I go all over town. Today I got a lot of good vibes, tons of thumbs up, even an old guy in a 735 giving me the hang-ten while smoking a joint. I was cruising home when some jaggoff decides now would be a good time to flip me off; he's sitting passenger in a Volvo wagon, newish. We're on a long stretch of road with not much between where he flipped me off and the next stop light. I play it cool and keep the speed limit, 40mph, and wait to catch him at the next stop light. I'm not a violent person but this ass munch has to be told to shove it. So I catch up to this Volvo wagon at the next stop light jump out of my truck and knock on his window. I ask him why did he flip me off, I told him I'm a nice person and he shouldn't have flipped me off and that I drive a vintage vehicle and asked him to apologize,. He said he felt like flippin me off and he didn't really care. I said, "fuck you" and he drove away. Some 55-60 year old guy with raybans and a corduroy jacket. His son was driving and his baby was in the back seat. I'm sure I scared the crap out of them as they were in the far left lane and quickly changed 3 lanes to hang a right. Anyway, stupid idiots. At least I told him where to stick it.

PS Shit like this boils my blood, but I'm proud to stand up for myself.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo Punk View Post
it went to a Samba Monkey.
It's all fun and games until the strippers call the cops.

Volksrods.com - Re-engineering the VW Bug one at a time
Ian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 16th, 2009, 12:59 PM   #25
HeidelbergJohn4.0
Forum Member

Default Re: Assholes flippin me off

Good on ya. People persist doing crap like that because no one calls them out on it. Just glad you didn't get shot! Unfortunately, that shit gets you an acute case of lead poisoning around here.