Cut-Weld-Drive Forums

Go Back   Cut-Weld-Drive Forums > The VolksRodders Forum > Members Intros and Project Updates!

Members Intros and Project Updates! New member introductions and project updates...
Your ongoing "journals"...

User Information
Your Avatar

Stuff to check out...

Cool stuff you NEED!

Forum Stats
Members: 16,658
Threads: 31,650
Total Online: 40

Newest Member: Deepman

Latest Threads
- by DrHax

Old October 11th, 2006, 06:14 PM   #1
hellfirejim
Forum Member

Thumbs up Hellfirejim

It has been pointed out to me and rightly so that I have neglected my duties by not posting my intro. I thought I had but I guess that brain cell left somewhere in the early sixties.

I was intro-ed into VWs when I was working for a VW dealership. I had a 66 that was converted to 12 volts and had a built engine. Man that car was so much fun. Marrage and family killed it.

Fast forward about 40 years [damn!] and now I am ready to get back into vdubs. Before I get into that, some quick facts: divorced, have a cool dog named Rat, I am technical writer in my day job, been a drag racer for about 40 years or so [street brackets to nitro] and did some sport cars stuff too.

The last hree years have been a bitch health wise. Heart attack and cancer. Interesting though, they told me I was dead three times during all that. Fooled them, I made it through. Almost done with the cancer crap and then maybe I can get back to what passes for a normal life.

Right now my project "to be" is going to be a what I call "2 door motorcycle". Since I used to ride and can't anymore, I plan on taking a vert and modifying it so it will give me the old feeling of wind in my face. I am going to try and post two pictures to show how I would start the mods. The first picture is a stock vert I found and liked.

This one is modified. You can see for yourself what I did.

Hope this works. More to follow.

jim

PS: I got that tag of hellfire all the way back to the early computer games and have kept it all these years.
hellfirejim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 12th, 2006, 10:19 AM   #2
hellfirejim
Forum Member

Default Re: Hellfirejim

As I can't work with a real car just yet I thought I would do more work on the drawing.

Anybody who would also like to photoshop this thing feel free as I am not the master of this.

jim
Old October 27th, 2006, 10:26 AM   #3
hellfirejim
Forum Member

Default Re: Hellfirejim

I thought I would post this as this my photoshop job which is very close to what I want to do.

jim