Total Online: 487

Newest Member: jessup

Latest Threads
- by yimbo
- by JiI

Old June 5th, 2003, 04:25 PM   #1
Nick
Forum Member

Well since the car is fairly torn apart I thought I might as well try and channel the body (even though this wasn't part of my original plan). I tried to think of other ways to channel it withought welding the body directly onto the pans with tubings and I came up with this idea. So far it looks like it should work good.

Of course this would be alot harder if the body was complete [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/funny.gif[/img] I cut out the rear half then I cut out the firewall out completely. I kept all of the body mounting points with the luggage area. I remounted the firewall section back onto the chassis:

Then the plan is to weld the other part (the outer skin/fender area)3" lower then the stock location. So this should drop the body 3" and still have the stock suspension height.

Left part is the stock pan height, right side is how the channel should be once finished. I'd have to drop the inner side of the floor pans to match the new height (or raise the outer side upwards). Then do the same on the front half of the car and weld the heater channels back up together.

Any ideas or suggestions I should look out for that I might have missed? More picts on my site too.

Nick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 5th, 2003, 08:16 PM   #2
crack monkey
Capt A's super package

nick i tell you we are evil twins.... ya know except that i am a tall fat white guy.

i was thinking about this just this morning. errie man
So don't tell me that I wouldn't drive to VT to pick up a rusted piece of shit.~scott76
Quote:
If a dictionary could take a shit...
it would look like that sentence.~steve
Random stuff I am looking for: Dont think there is anything at the moment
www.solar4soldiers.org (I am starting a non-profit to put solar panels on to disabled veterans homes. PM me for more details)
crack monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 6th, 2003, 08:49 AM   #3
PapaG
Forum Member

Here is what one of the type 3 guys was going to do to his fastback, John Jaranson