Newest Member: dconrads

Latest Threads
- by yimbo
- by JiI

Old December 21st, 2009, 01:29 PM   #1
florida_swamp_buggy
Forum Member

Member Photo Albums
Default i'll admit i've used ya'll for inspiration but the transformation has begun!

heres some pics of the bug without fenders so far i have a small rust spot to attend to and some gaps from "shotty" workmanship from the orignal owner between the steel and the fiberglass that need sealed up but hey its a start any feedback is welcomed and appreciated
Old December 21st, 2009, 01:41 PM   #2
florida_swamp_buggy
Forum Member

Member Photo Albums
Default Re: i'll admit i've used ya'll for inspiration but the transformation has begun!

i also meant to ask if any one knew weather or not it was legal to remove the fenders in florida i went through the laws and didnt see anything i was just wondering if someone knew something i didnt?
Old December 21st, 2009, 03:32 PM   #3
Hapster
Forum Member

Member Photo Albums
Default Re: i'll admit i've used ya'll for inspiration but the transformation has begun!

I got to say that really looks good.

I hate the flames though. I think it would look great with some kind of chrome grill work inserted into the front indent. Thin rods going up and down like an early ford grill.

nice.

You gotta love v-rodders. 40*, poor brakes, 1/4 suspension working, 3+ body colors...but I drove it dammit!

I totally feel at home here.

project pics
http://s50.photobucket.com/albums/f3...ster/?newest=1
Hapster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 21st, 2009, 04:38 PM   #4
florida_swamp_buggy
Forum Member

Member Photo Albums

the flames or going the way of the dodo sorry i should have mentioned it at some point im thinking of doing an O/D green flat paintjob wiht some things remenicent of vietnam paint schemes im thinking about doing the oldschool fighter mouth where the fenders used to be im tossing around the idea of wether or not to remove the rears as well but im trying to keep it a baja as well as a volksrod i have a +8 wider beam for the front i just have to get the tie rods ect. and i want to get the 3+3 trailing arms for the rear but im not lifting it at all kinda giving the clearance i need for the beach but the wide stance i like of a lowered car
Old December 21st, 2009, 05:18 PM   #5
trikertroy
Forum Member

Iv run fenderless for years and most buggys are that way too. I havent heard of anybody haveing any legal problems here in Florida..
trikertroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 21st, 2009, 07:51 PM   #6
Jon
Forum Member

Florida is one of the few remaining Free states. by that I mean we do not over regulate peoples freedom here. We have the right to drive cars without annoying inspections or a list of un-allowable modifications..... as long as you have lights and some form of windshield+wipers your good to go.
We also have the right to defend ourselves, own guns, not be in a union, run gas powered lawnmowers etc.
Jon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 21st, 2009, 08:12 PM   #7
DeathxDecay
Forum Member

i think that nose on a volksrod would be pretty neat looking ! very cool keep it up !
DeathxDecay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 21st, 2009, 08:47 PM   #8
florida_swamp_buggy
Forum Member

Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon View Post
Florida is one of the few remaining Free states. by that I mean we do not over regulate peoples freedom here. We have the right to drive cars without annoying inspections or a list of un-allowable modifications..... as long as you have lights and some form of windshield+wipers your good to go.
We also have the right to defend ourselves, own guns, not be in a union, run gas powered lawnmowers etc.

thanks jon and yes i know im very fortunate i dont live in a god awful place such as california and i too appreciate the fact i can defend myself here one of the first things i did after moving here i got my CCL and am now carrying a Glock29 10mm another passion of mine
Old December 21st, 2009, 09:11 PM   #9
Jon
Forum Member

Fernandina ? I am in mandarin. Didn't realize you were so close. LOL theres alot of us here in the Jax area.
Jon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 21st, 2009, 09:28 PM   #10
florida_swamp_buggy
Forum Member

Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon View Post
Fernandina ? I am in mandarin. Didn't realize you were so close. LOL theres alot of us here in the Jax area.
thats awsome, my friends mom over here on the island drives a '74 vert but she just rocks it out stock to work in the summer time we should get together on some work sometime in the future
Old December 22nd, 2009, 06:35 AM   #11
bluehormachea
Forum Member

Member Photo Albums

i liked the flamejob but paint ideas you have sound awesome. it would look good in military colors! you guys dont even have to worry bout inspection? that rips! the little baja fenders look good on the rods to me.and the bumper thing is gonna be bad as well, i would definitely keep it. i have been fantasizing bout the scoop on this ride, and it would compliment your hood style. i was thinking the license housing off of a 67 up would be a good start. (yes, my fantasies consist of car parts. dont everyones)
bluehormachea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 22nd, 2009, 08:05 AM   #12
florida_swamp_buggy
Forum Member

Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluehormachea View Post
i liked the flamejob but paint ideas you have sound awesome. it would look good in military colors! you guys dont even have to worry bout inspection? that rips! the little baja fenders look good on the rods to me.and the bumper thing is gonna be bad as well, i would definitely keep it. i have been fantasizing bout the scoop on this ride, and it would compliment your hood style. i was thinking the license housing off of a 67 up would be a good start. (yes, my fantasies consist of car parts. dont everyones)
hey thanks i just dont like the way the flames stand out so damn much im all about being an individual but theyre pushing it a little far and by the way i see you're from san an that my fav. place in the whole world i was stationed on lackland for a while any who id like to see your scoop idea put into reality it sounds cool