- by FatDad
- by Bugula
- by DrHax

Old July 20th, 2012, 04:09 AM   #1801
jdinvt
Forum Member

Member Photo Albums
Default Re: The "Today f*cking sucks club" thread

HATE IT when the grinder catches the edge and gets away from you.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20120720_081416.jpg (47.3 KB, 5 views)
jdinvt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 20th, 2012, 01:17 PM   #1802
V8Transporter
Forum Member

"well here's my story. I found out after 16 yrs in the military i get to be put out with about half my benefits and now I have to go get a job. Uncle Sam uses you and when he's done... He drops you off at the next street corner."

At least he got you to a corner. Some of us didn't get that far. On the bright side, which may not seem too bright at the moment, you do have skills from being in the military, which will come in handy in the wide fun filled Civilain World. Check out your bennies and if in doubt there are Vet Support groups around to help you navigate 'the system.' Here in NorCal I used Vet Connect. www.sonomacountyvetconnect.org Which might be able to give you a referral if you can't find someone local. Hang in there buddy.
V8Transporter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 22nd, 2012, 08:49 PM   #1803
tattooed_pariah
Site Supporter

Member Photo Albums

so I haven't gotten any work done on the bike in 3 months because I needed one new tappet.. the guy who was helping me work on it gets big discounts from Chaparal because he buys so many parts from them.. well he got me a new tappet, but I haven't heard from him in three months..

I finally said fuck it, and ordered my own. damn thing costs $40!!

it arrived this week, tonight I go to dive in and try and get some progress made.. I'm re-measuring all the tappet compressions to try and shim them... now for some stupid god damn reason, the bad one is within tolerances again, so there's $40 down the drain for a part I don't need...

Start putting shit together, get going a little too fast and after I finish the front cylinder head and everything, I realize I forgot to put the rocker arm plugs back in..

Decide that it's too god damn hot in the garage and I need a break..

fast forward to about 6 hours later, so back out, take it all back apart again, get one plug in no problem, slide the next in, it doesn't want to go all the way, but goes about 90%, so I start the third, it doesn't want to go at all.. after a few minutes of trying to coerce it with a soft dead blow mallet, I look at the second one again.... FFFFUUUUUUUU!!!!! I put it in backwards... so the seal is closer to the outside than the inside and there is no way to remove it..

but wait! what's that? can I see the seal a little?! awesome! I can carefully pry it out with a flathead! No! wait, ! no i fucking can't! all that does is break the god damn plug!!!

looks like a new plug is about ten bucks, and I still have to get the old one out..

this bike is just becoming more and more of a god damn fucking headache generator..

on top of all this, more than likely there will be no way out of the $600 back registration fines (have a friend who does dmv shit for the dealerships, she looked at it and said she'll try to help, but she can't make any promises..)

fuck it, off to drink and watch movies..

"I never trust a fighting man who doesn't smoke or drink or at least cause a little trouble." -Admiral William Frederick Halsey Jr.
===========
Feel free to stare and admire,
but kindly tell me if it's on fire!

1972 VolksRod "Effigy" Build Thread
2009 Dodge Challenger R/T "Folsom Blue"
1986 Honda Shadow VT1100 Work Thread
tattooed_pariah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 23rd, 2012, 04:21 PM   #1804
91forever
Forum Member

thanks v8 when I need you guys yall are always there.
91forever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 23rd, 2012, 05:28 PM   #1805
HeidelbergJohn4.0
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tattooed_pariah View Post

so I haven't gotten any work done on the bike in 3 months because I needed one new tappet.. the guy who was helping me work on it gets big discounts from Chaparal because he buys so many parts from them.. well he got me a new tappet, but I haven't heard from him in three months..

I finally said fuck it, and ordered my own. damn thing costs $40!!

it arrived this week, tonight I go to dive in and try and get some progress made.. I'm re-measuring all the tappet compressions to try and shim them... now for some stupid god damn reason, the bad one is within tolerances again, so there's $40 down the drain for a part I don't need...

Start putting shit together, get going a little too fast and after I finish the front cylinder head and everything, I realize I forgot to put the rocker arm plugs back in..

Decide that it's too god damn hot in the garage and I need a break..

fast forward to about 6 hours later, so back out, take it all back apart again, get one plug in no problem, slide the next in, it doesn't want to go all the way, but goes about 90%, so I start the third, it doesn't want to go at all.. after a few minutes of trying to coerce it with a soft dead blow mallet, I look at the second one again.... FFFFUUUUUUUU!!!!! I put it in backwards... so the seal is closer to the outside than the inside and there is no way to remove it..

but wait! what's that? can I see the seal a little?! awesome! I can carefully pry it out with a flathead! No! wait, ! no i fucking can't! all that does is break the god damn plug!!!

looks like a new plug is about ten bucks, and I still have to get the old one out..

this bike is just becoming more and more of a god damn fucking headache generator..

on top of all this, more than likely there will be no way out of the $600 back registration fines (have a friend who does dmv shit for the dealerships, she looked at it and said she'll try to help, but she can't make any promises..)

fuck it, off to drink and watch movies..
My daughter saw your avitar, started laughing at it then read your post and said to me, "dang dad, someoene seriously harshed that dude's mello" he needs to breathe and take a chill... I'm still laughing..... not at you, at her! That back registration fees/ non op bullshit Cali hits you guys with is just that.... bullshit.
Old July 23rd, 2012, 05:58 PM   #1806
J_J_
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeidelbergJohn4.0 View Post
That back registration fees/ non op bullshit Cali hits you guys with is just that.... bullshit.
You have no idea.. I got an email a bit ago from a friend wanting to know if I knew a way around his truck thats been off dmv's records for ten years, he's gotten 2 different back fee amounts ? he lost all his paperwork on it and has no way to prove it was non opped, says they're just making up numbers on him now?! I'm waiting to see what they're gonna try on me when I go to register this 30 ford frame with a bill of sale

on the other side just to add to things sucking!, grinding on the frame wednesday and never felt it originally but got steel in my eye, wife nor I could find it , used wash, q tip etc,etc. got up thursda morning and pulled a small piece out, still hurt figured it's scratched, that night was hell couldnt sleep eyelid twitching from hell just made it worse so went to Kaiser friday morning urgent care scrapped got another piece out then sent me to optamology to get the rest..?
they pulled out 3 more slivers then ground out the rest and the rust gave me eye drops and have a nice day.. blind in the right eye all day friday hyper sensitive to light .. to be expected, then saturday? not to bad sunday but fuzzy, today got a little nausaus driving around have to wear my glasses now since my right eye was the good eye and it still fuzzy in one spot Right where he ground on it and still a little light sensative.. fkn hate KAiser!
J_J_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 23rd, 2012, 07:22 PM   #1807
JiI
Forum Member

Location: Mokena, IL Yep, that's me falling down a sand dune in Michigan...
Member Photo Albums

That blows JJ. Mojo for the eyes amigo! Full face mask next time!
Jeff
JiI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 23rd, 2012, 07:32 PM   #1808
J_J_
Forum Member

yeah I had glasses on.... hell years ago I had a piece go through a full face shied and saftey goggles they had to cut out of my left eye, which is why my right eye was my good one.. hell both are so full of floaters whenever I sneeze it's like looking through a kaliedascope for a few seconds...lol
J_J_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 23rd, 2012, 07:39 PM   #1809
JiI
Forum Member

Member Photo Albums

Floaters suck. I have one I swear looks like the state of Florida... Can hardly read for the first 5 minutes when I get up in the morning...
Jeff
Old July 26th, 2012, 06:28 AM   #1810
metalmaster1766
Forum Member

Member Photo Albums

What really sucks about eyes is having diabetes, & a blood vessel hemorrhage inside your eye, I have had it happen in both eyes at different times, the first was in September 2000 I woke & all I could see out one eye was a few light spots, the rest looked like a black spider web over my eye, except it was the blood that leaked out from the hemorrhaged blood vessels inside my eye
They fixed it by burning the blood vessles so they could no longer fill my eye with blood, then they cut 3 small holes in my eye to suck all the blood & fluid out of my eye, then fill it with clear fluid, they can't fillbit all the way up so I had an air bubble inside, it took about 10 days for the bubble to disappear, but that bubble really gets bothersome until then, every time I would turn my head to look when driving that little bubble would move around making me think it was something coming at me, it made things difficult until it disappeared, I was always thinking something was coming at me, made driving difficult as well as anything when I turned my head fast, then I'd duck out the way until I remembered what it was

Had it happen in both eyes, but I can see just as good as I could before it happened, & now that I've been cured of diabetes 6 years ago as of April 20th I haven't had any problems except for my peripheral vision on my right side, my wife won't walk on my right side because I always turn & walk into her, I also run into things like doors, walls, & people on my right side, I have learned to turn slowly to my right side to avoid walking into things, but at time I still turn & "smack" I just ran into something or worse a person, I've blacked my eyes, bloodied my nose from running into stuff

But, I can still see, so all is good, & I don't hafta worry about it getting worse since I have been cured of diabetes for the past 6 years & 3 months

Ron
Hell, I sent money in to help myself unknowingly
VolksRods.com is a fantastic family, love ya's all
metalmaster1766 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 26th, 2012, 09:36 PM   #1811
Jaison710
Forum Member

Member Photo Albums

91forever, sorry to hear about your situation. I have friends with similar stories, my father still works at the AFB & is trying to get his retirement. I can't imagine what it's like to have the military in so much of my life, for so long & be let down in the end. Like that's the thanks I get. It's a bummer for sure. I feel for ya.
Jaison710 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 27th, 2012, 01:05 PM   #1812
Jaison710
Forum Member

Member Photo Albums

Today I woke up, normal day. About ten minutes into it, I realize that I have no wedding ring on my hand. (I'm sure some guys want to know how I did it, what's the secret? I would like to know too.) I flipped the bed, laundry, couch. I did some welding yesterday, but didn't wear gloves. Checked the spots you normally would look, shower, sink. Now I'm way out there, checking the lawn cause I washed my hands with the hose, going thru the trash. I'm looking at my neighbors weird, those people stare while I'm in the garage. Hmmm. .
Old July 27th, 2012, 01:43 PM   #1813
purplemyth
moody witch

Member Photo Albums

That sucks. Did you look around the welder?

Hubby hasn't worn his in a long time due to arthritis swelling and always in the garage doing something with sparks. I don't know where it is honestly.
Originally Posted by fishguts
My attraction to volksrods is that these are bottom-feeders where things are still real ... people scraping together parts, doing their own work and often on a tight budget. Real hot rodding is still alive here.
purplemyth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 27th, 2012, 02:04 PM   #1814
Jaison710
Forum Member

Member Photo Albums

Success! My brothers are in town visiting, the youngest puts down the wii, gets off the couch to finally help look, & he's damn near sitting on it! I don't remember being over there for the past day at least. Oh well, he's the hero. I can put the trash back into the can now.
Purplemyth, thanks for the suggestion. I bought this small toolbox from the snap on truck. It looks like a normal box, has about 6 drawers, but about as big as a 4 pack of redbull. I use it in the garage to put keys, phones, & Jewlery into it when we are working. I try to make it a habit to use it, to avoid these situations, or avoid shattering the iPhone. But in answering your question, I looked by the welder anyway. Flipped the gloves inside out. For some reason I checked my welding hood, (don't know why, but I did). What a waste of a day, I need a Twinkie.
Old July 27th, 2012, 02:29 PM   #1815
purplemyth
moody witch

Member Photo Albums

Quote:
checked my welding hood,

Originally Posted by fishguts
My attraction to volksrods is that these are bottom-feeders where things are still real ... people scraping together parts, doing their own work and often on a tight budget. Real hot rodding is still alive here.
purplemyth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 27th, 2012, 09:47 PM   #1816
d3ghia
Rabble Rouser

Member Photo Albums

My daughter made me a "miniature tool tray/box" in wood shop in class. That is where I put my cell, wallet and Copenhagen when in the garage so I can always find them.

She said she was tired of me always asking everyone if they have seen my keys or whatever else I had most recently lost.

Glad you found it though

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unkl Ian View Post
Don't be Fucking stupid.

The bolt is Fucked, it won't fix it's self,
the Bolt Fairy won't fix it, and you can't fix it.

I know there is a Full Moon, but quit Fucking around.
d3ghia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 28th, 2012, 03:21 AM   #1817
JiI
Forum Member

Member Photo Albums

Mmmmmm, Twinkies.......
Jeff
Old July 28th, 2012, 08:25 AM   #1818
notrouble
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeidelbergJohn4.0 View Post
That back registration fees/ non op bullshit Cali hits you guys with is just that.... bullshit.
Would it be possible to "sell" it to someone out of state. I'm thinking that they could (hopefully) get a title from their state with less hassle. Then they could "sell" it back to the owner in CA. Washington state wouldn't be the best choice as the state patrol is likely to want to see the car in person before a WA title is issued.
notrouble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 28th, 2012, 08:33 AM   #1819
tattooed_pariah
Site Supporter

Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by notrouble View Post
Would it be possible to "sell" it to someone out of state. I'm thinking that they could (hopefully) get a title from their state with less hassle. Then they could "sell" it back to the owner in CA. Washington state wouldn't be the best choice as the state patrol is likely to want to see the car in person before a WA title is issued.
I brought that up with my friend who does DMV titling/registration for the Dealerships in the area.. she said that when I brought it back to california, they would run a VIN check on it and find all the past due crap again..

"I never trust a fighting man who doesn't smoke or drink or at least cause a little trouble." -Admiral William Frederick Halsey Jr.
===========

Old July 28th, 2012, 08:40 AM   #1820
Jaison710
Forum Member

Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by tattooed_pariah View Post
I brought that up with my friend who does DMV titling/registration for the Dealerships in the area.. she said that when I brought it back to california, they would run a VIN check on it and find all the past due crap again..
CA sucks. My motorcycle has been parked in the garage awhile. It's insured but I forgot to register it again. Got a letter from the state taxes saying they will garnish my paychecks to pay the registration. (it's funny cause I'm out of work on workmans comp, so good luck with getting that)
Old July 28th, 2012, 08:47 AM   #1821
tattooed_pariah
Site Supporter

Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaison710 View Post
CA sucks. My motorcycle has been parked in the garage awhile. It's insured but I forgot to register it again. Got a letter from the state taxes saying they will garnish my paychecks to pay the registration. (it's funny cause I'm out of work on workmans comp, so good luck with getting that)
pay it as soon as possible and put it in Planned Non Operation.

My bug is in PNO right now, cost me $31 to do, and I don't pay any more registration fees until I put it back on the road, then I start paying fresh..

If the previous owners of this bike had done that, I wouldn't have to pay $600 for registration from 2008-2013 + all the late fines and fees and whatnot..

===========

Old July 30th, 2012, 12:37 AM   #1822
tequilla
Forum Member

My issue is small in comparison but it's my time to rant....... To quote pulp fiction...... "It's almost worth someone fucking with your car just to catch them fucking with your car". My newest daily driver (had it for about 3 months now) a very clean '98 Mustang GT convertible that I am enjoying immensely......... Some piece of shit hit it in a parking lot The damage isn't really that bad...... Tweaked the fender which I straightened out fairly well with a crescent wrench..... But broke all the plastic shit that holds the headlight in place. I need a trip to the wrecking yard to get the parts and it will look fine once I fix it but....... What is up with the worthless pieces of shit that cannot man up and make it right if they make a mistake...... I pity the fool that I catch that fucks with my shit and tries to deny it or leave the scene........

EDIT: I need another shot of tequila........

'67 Baja

'63 T-Bird

Devils Plaything

Share your cheese....... here kitty, kitty.......

Last edited by tequilla; July 30th, 2012 at 12:39 AM.
tequilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 30th, 2012, 08:51 AM   #1823
V8Transporter
Forum Member

Okay, the day is young so doesn't totally suck, as yet, but one of our overnight dogs ran into the bedroom and threw up on my pillow, then dashed back into the living room and puked there too, thankfully on a throw rug. While I was cleaning that up, a second dog got overexcited and peed in the kitchen (let's hear it for tile floors). Then, while the whole the troop of six dogs plus ours was eating, I was taking advantage of the cool morning air and digging up by the roses, and found a wasp's nest, got stung twice...sigh. Luckily I'm not allergic, I just have a slightly swollen hand and arm. Finally, I finished my own breakfast and dropped a bowl, which didn't do well against the afore mentioned tile floor. The dogs are on their way to the shop and I'm now heading up to my little shop to do some light welding...I hope.
V8Transporter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 30th, 2012, 10:31 AM   #1824
Jaison710
Forum Member

Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by V8Transporter View Post
The dogs are on their way to the shop and I'm now heading up to my little shop to do some light welding...I hope.
Therapeutic welding, that's when the cool shit gets made! Just have to be careful, cause 50% of the time, therapeutic welding can add more to your list. Usually just a sunburn to keep you pissed for a couple days after your session. My last therapy caught a box of rags on fire that I didn't see. Luckily I wasn't alone & he saw it as we were walking outside.
Old July 30th, 2012, 11:55 AM   #1825
Scott76
Forum Member

Member Photo Albums

I can go camping in a tick infested woods for a long weekend and come out clean. Go to work and visit 3 job sites & the 3rd is a 6 lane highway. Standing in the center along the barrier (all 6 lanes full of speeding traffic) I pick a tick off the back of my neck. Man, I HATE these F'n things. What is their reason of life? Needless to say its no longer with us...

Fleetwing Camper

Going to the Basement
Scott76 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bad day, today sucks