Newest Member: dconrads

Latest Threads
- by yimbo
- by JiI

Old May 18th, 2014, 10:58 AM   #51
OKpig
Forum Member

Member Photo Albums
Default Re: Use it or lose it? Input please.

Life is rough but sometimes projects like this can help..... Keep on bumping on the RPU...........
OKpig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2014, 01:25 PM   #52
Timbo
Forum Member

Member Photo Albums

I saw this yesterday.
Tim
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifie...php?id=1639276

Forget the plastic, Drive a classic.
Timbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2014, 05:24 PM   #53
tirezan
Forum Member

Member Photo Albums

Well, my ears were burning so I checked in on you guys. To my great surprise one of my old posts was there. I am really flattered you guys hadn't forgot me. I had to move my shop and have nearly gone blind. But thank God I have had surgery on one eye and the other is scheduled for the 29th.

Thank you for not forgetting me in my rough times !!!!!
tirezan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2014, 05:32 PM   #54
OKpig
Forum Member

Member Photo Albums

So sorry to hear the eye issues...... But piddling is the best thing for what you have......... MGB you......
OKpig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 20th, 2014, 11:38 AM   #55
1slo3
Forum Member

Member Photo Albums

I'm with you... I'm going blind myself and it sure makes detail work difficult. I hope your vision comes back to you. Mine will never be better than now, they are just trying to keep it from getting worse.
1slo3 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old May 20th, 2014, 12:32 PM   #56
metalmaster1766
Site Supporter

Member Photo Albums

Good luck with your eyes !!!!

I know all to well about eye issues, been blind in both eyes at different times from diabetes (I'm sure I mentioned it before), I had to get new glasses to renew my drivers license this past January, & the doctor told me I'm getting cataracts, but that's almost an easy fix now days

Ron

I Love ya's ALL !!!

RSS
metalmaster1766 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 20th, 2014, 01:11 PM   #57
Timbo
Forum Member

Member Photo Albums

Sorry to hear of your troubles but it is good to hear from ya. Don't be a stranger and hang around and b/s with us. I hope to see ya at a show soon. You can hang with us all weekend if we are at a show.
Tim

Forget the plastic, Drive a classic.
Timbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 20th, 2014, 04:46 PM   #58
tirezan
Forum Member

Member Photo Albums

Thanks guys ! Glad again that some of you remember me, I am bad about dropping off the radar when things go bad. I guess I don't want to vent my personal problems when the going gets tough, so I just go silent for a while.

I am so grateful I was able to have surgery on one eye and the other eye is scheduled for surgery on the 29th of this month. After that my sight will be fantastic. I had an aggressive fast growing type of cataracts. The big hold up was I had no insurance . Services for the blind paid for my surgery. Thank God.

I hope to see you at a show soon Timbo ! I would love to hang out with you and the gang! And thanks to all who responded.
Old May 21st, 2014, 09:35 PM   #59
metalmaster1766
Site Supporter

Member Photo Albums

Hang out here anytime, hell we all have problems, you don't hafta share yours if ya don't want, but as I have found out, it's a GREAT Family here
I'll keep you in my thoughts & prayers as well for the 29th
So please don't stay away (where's the BIG HUG smiley)

I prolly share way more about my life than I should, but as I tell everyone, my life is an open book, just ask, most times when I meet someone new, one of the 1st few questions is, "so, what do you do for a living" then I answer "I play as much as I can" then it goes from there, I get a lot of "OH man, so sorry to hear about that"
I tell them please don't be sorry for me, be sorry for the children much younger than I who are dealing with much bigger issues than I, at least I can still do things, just a lot slower, some kids WAY to young have been thru so much more than I, & may never have the chance to live a life as long as I & may never get to experience 1/4 of what I have.

I feel I'm one of the luckiest men alive, I have an absolutely Terrific wife who loves the heck out of me for reasons I still don't understand, so that means I have "Love" I'm Happy with all that I do have, my glass is empty, but yet it's still runith over & spills everywhere, so, I have "Happiness" & last but most of all, & this, I still fight with myself on a daily basis, but it gets easier & easier as each day passes, & that my friends is "Peace" it doesn't come easy, but nothing good in life comes easy

I wish everyone here, to all my VolksRod family, May you all have "Love, Peace & Happiness", the 3 keys to a GREAT life, they don't come easy, but NEVER give up on ANY OF THEM, for they will find you when you least expect it

I learned that from the best gal in the world, even after I told her "I ain't never getting married & never having kids"
I married her about 5 years later & have not only 2 sons, but 2 Beautiful grand daughters, go figure

It's not what she's got, but what she gives, it ain't the life she's choose, but it's the life she lives !!
(lyrics from "our" favorite song by Tesla, edited of coarse)

Ron

I Love ya's ALL !!!

RSS
Old May 22nd, 2014, 05:03 PM   #60
tirezan
Forum Member

Member Photo Albums

Thank you Metalmaster1766 . You have a wonderful attitude, I wish everyone had your train of positive thinking. The world would be a much better place. I am thankful you have been blessed and you realize it. I hope to someday soon get back to my old self.

After much thought I have decided to terminate my listing on the Samba on the RPU and get back on it.I thank everyone for your positive input which made me think twice about quitting on my car after so much hard work and creativity.
Old May 22nd, 2014, 05:05 PM   #61
tattooed_pariah
Site Supporter

Member Photo Albums

Is it done yet?

"I never trust a fighting man who doesn't smoke or drink or at least cause a little trouble." -Admiral William Frederick Halsey Jr.
===========
Feel free to stare and admire,
but kindly tell me if it's on fire!

1972 VolksRod "Effigy" Build Thread
1986 Honda Shadow VT1100 Work Thread
tattooed_pariah is online now   Reply With Quote
Old May 22nd, 2014, 05:24 PM   #62
tirezan
Forum Member

Member Photo Albums

Halfway.
Old May 22nd, 2014, 06:02 PM   #63
alykat
Site Supporter

After much thought I have decided to terminate my listing on the Samba on the RPU and get back on it.I thank everyone for your positive input which made me think twice about quitting on my car after so much hard work and creativity.[/QUOTE] And there ya go !
Old May 22nd, 2014, 07:58 PM   #64
Unkl Ian
Trouble Maker and Bad Influence

Cataracts ? Just had one fixed, NO problems. Second one soon.

www.FlyingEyeballs.net

Unkl Ian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 22nd, 2014, 08:04 PM   #65
tirezan
Forum Member

Member Photo Albums

Yes cataract surgery is now a simple and fantastic surgery with no problems in most cases. My problem was paying for it at a cost of an est. $9000 for both eyes.

Thank God I got help from Services for the blind, or I would have been legally blind in a matter of months.
Old May 27th, 2014, 04:27 AM   #66
metalmaster1766
Site Supporter

Member Photo Albums

I just wonder what the difference between a regular cataract & a diabetic cataract are?
Mine are do to the 25 years of diabetes, I asked the eye doctor, she wasn't exactly clear on the difference, but, they do refer to them if you have diabetes, or had diabetes, as "Diabetic Cataracts" according to her
Guess I'll find out when I see my regular eye doctor

My grandma, who will be 101 a week from today, had cataract surgery a few years ago, afterwards she asked why nobody told her about the wrinkles on her face
I told her that anyone past the age of 70 is entitled to wrinkles, wear them proudly

She still complains about silly stuff like that, at Easter, I was elected to pick her up, when I got there she said it's getting tougher & tougher for her to get ready to go places, she can barely see to put make-up on
I just laugh & tell her that at her age you don't need make-up, your aloud to have wrinkles & look old, it can be funny at times, she's not use to going out unless she gets all dressed up, I guess nobody ever out grows certain things, specially after doing them for a 100 years

Ron

I Love ya's ALL !!!

RSS