Latest Threads
- by yimbo
- by JiI

Old June 24th, 2014, 08:06 AM   #126
metalmaster1766
Site Supporter

Member Photo Albums
Default Re: My build "Kaiser"

I too was gonna suggest a tapered drift pin to get the heat riser holes to line up

Also, you could cut a few small shallow slits on the inside curve (where it needs to bend at) of the H/R tube (heat riser tube) bend it to fit, then weld up the cuts which should be almost closed

I had a heat riser tube problem back in 1986, I had just bought a progressive 2 barrel carb set up, they didn't have any heat riser tubes in stock, so I ordered a set
I put the new carb & intake on when I got home & drove it, I thought I was running out of gas, so I pulled in, put gas in it & checking the oil, ice was all over the intake & carb
To try n fix it I took 2 long piece of large diameter copper wire & wrapped it around the header pipe as close to the head as possible, then wrapped the other end around the center section of the intake manifold, I didn't notice an difference once I took the wire off & put the heat riser tubes on

Ron

I Love ya's ALL !!!

RSS
metalmaster1766 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 29th, 2014, 08:24 PM   #127
DrHax
Forum Member

BUG IS IN THE PULL BARN NOW! Only took five years for a bug I own to make it into the pull barn..... Also found out the welder has a drier plug installed onit.. so I couldn't use the pullbarn's plug... (meant for equipment like welders and such) gonna pick one up tomorrow.. Still ITS IN THERE! Yes! Now Maybe I can freaking work on it.... Gotta clear the shit around it but it'll be fine..

Also for a small offtopic update.. my mothers bug is having electrical issues.. When she turns on the lights the car surges... Not sure if the battery or the alternator.. but when she turns on the lights.. it surges and the Gen idiot light is on.. used a voltmeter on it and got between 20-25.. And sometimes no reading even though I know there was electricity... Also she challenged me that I couldn't replace her broken radio in the parking lot of wallmart.. (her old one was dying.. it was four years old.. Those damn things don't last long.) So she dared me too.. Got it in and running while the car was running in about three minutes... I've done it so many times on my 1968 it's not even funny... also I installed the radio in her car. (knew it was gonna fail so I used twist caps instead of sodder) So it was a breeze.

Dude...you are sooo fucked!
DrHax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 29th, 2014, 08:37 PM   #128
Paperweightnate
Forum Member

Good to hear its coming along. Is your barn wired for 220V? Those plugs are for a higher amped circuit. May not want to use an adapter into a 110 outlet. Lets see some more pictures of that sexy rust bucket.
Old June 29th, 2014, 08:54 PM   #129
DrHax
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paperweightnate View Post
Good to hear its coming along. Is your barn wired for 220V? Those plugs are for a higher amped circuit. May not want to use an adapter into a 110 outlet. Lets see some more pictures of that sexy rust bucket.
Yupe 220 plug seperate lead in the fusebox for the pull barn. Thats the issue.. its a 220 welder... just the old owner put a drier plug on.. Thing works great.. Just has a drier plug on it. However my mom works at menards and they sell the proper plugs (she's in electrical ) So getting a new plug and splicing it on isn't an issue.

Still wish I knew what was going on with my moms bug.

Old June 30th, 2014, 11:57 AM   #130
d3ghia
Rabble Rouser

Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrHax View Post
... also I installed the radio in her car. (knew it was gonna fail so I used twist caps instead of sodder) So it was a breeze.

Congrats on getting better digs to work on your bug.

Do yourself a favor though. Use real terminals and/or correct splices for a vehicle. I have seen electrical fires from the twist caps. They are designed for a house - which doesn't bounce up and down a road at 65. They tend to work loose - and it is difficult to put out a fire under the dash at hwy speed (funny story that - but I will leave it for later)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unkl Ian View Post
Don't be Fucking stupid.

The bolt is Fucked, it won't fix it's self,
the Bolt Fairy won't fix it, and you can't fix it.

I know there is a Full Moon, but quit Fucking around.
d3ghia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 30th, 2014, 09:45 PM   #131
DrHax
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by d3ghia View Post
Congrats on getting better digs to work on your bug.

Do yourself a favor though. Use real terminals and/or correct splices for a vehicle. I have seen electrical fires from the twist caps. They are designed for a house - which doesn't bounce up and down a road at 65. They tend to work loose - and it is difficult to put out a fire under the dash at hwy speed (funny story that - but I will leave it for later)
Hmm will keep that in mind. Don't want my moms bug to catch on fire.. I'd never hear the end of that!