Newest Member: Hellcat

Latest Threads
- by yimbo
- by JiI

Old July 19th, 2014, 09:39 PM   #1
Metal Twister
Forum Member

Member Photo Albums
Default Suicide the doors with the stock hinges...

Suicide the doors with the stock hinges...

I've installed a boat load of the hidden hinges on suicide doors and they look really clean. Back in the day I used to take the passenger side hinges and put them on the back of the drivers side door and visa versa. I kinda of like the look of seeing the hinge on the wrong edge of the door. Anyone here do it that way?

"It
has been my observation that most people get ahead during the time that others waste”

- Henry Ford-
Metal Twister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 20th, 2014, 05:59 AM   #2
metalmaster1766
Site Supporter

Member Photo Albums
Default Re: Suicide the doors with the stock hinges...

I have never done it, but back in 93 or 94 I bought a parts Bug that had suicide doors using the stock hinges, it was crashed hard in the front drivers side making the door latch not work (thought I had it bungy corded shut until the cord broke), I decided to drive it home, the door opened up on me, it's suicide trying to pull a door shut when going 30 MPH down hill with oncoming traffic headed at you

One day I plan to do suicide doors using the original hinges, but I think I'll spend the money on some real door latches, the guy I got the car from used the cheap "shit house door" barrel type latches, they aren't worth a damn

I'll see if I can find an old picture of it

Ron

I Love ya's ALL !!!

RSS
metalmaster1766 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 20th, 2014, 11:05 AM   #3
DrHax
Forum Member

I've seen a few.. there was a chopped coup bug which had them.. Used vert doors I think.. I honestly can't see why it wouldn't work.. just make a locking spike thing i've seen alot of people put on their suicide door cars..

Dude...you are sooo fucked!
DrHax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 20th, 2014, 12:02 PM   #4
Metal Twister
Forum Member

Member Photo Albums

Oh wow this is embarsing! Ive done this before and totally forgot about it! At least I know it works so I will re figure out the placements and do it again. Sorry about that guys! Larry in the picture who does my electrical work reminded me of this car I did it on a few years back. Things are starting to slip....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg user9182_pic7833_1358834704.jpg (82.3 KB, 51 views)

"It
has been my observation that most people get ahead during the time that others waste”

- Henry Ford-

Last edited by Metal Twister; July 20th, 2014 at 12:04 PM.
Metal Twister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 20th, 2014, 06:19 PM   #5
DrHax
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metal Twister View Post
Oh wow this is embarsing! Ive done this before and totally forgot about it! At least I know it works so I will re figure out the placements and do it again. Sorry about that guys! Larry in the picture who does my electrical work reminded me of this car I did it on a few years back. Things are starting to slip....
Thats an interesting way to graft on a split section! I kind've like it

Old July 21st, 2014, 03:05 AM   #6
metalmaster1766
Site Supporter

Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metal Twister View Post
Hey don't feel bad, my mind is really going, but at least I remember the most important things, like taking my 26 pills everyday (I think it's the meds that are ruining my mind)
I have started carrying a small note pad to write down where I put things, tools, extra parts & other things I usually put someplace I "think" I won't forget where, then a month later I asking my wife, tearing everything apart looking, it's almost working out pretty good, I just need to start putting the note pad in my pocket everyday rather than when I think about it, which most times it's to late, I should prolly set it next to my keys, those are always the 1st thing I put in my pockets after getting dressed

I also try to carry my camera with me everywhere I go, that way I can take pics with the date & time stamp on them, then I can't forget, well I'm reminded when going back thru them, plus when uploading the pics to the computer, it tells the month,day, year, & time the picture was taken, that way if I forget to upload them right away I can look & put them in folders accordingly, it helps

Ron

I found the picture of the Bug I bought that had the suicide doors with the original hinges, Tough to see, but if you look hard enough you can see them, you can't see the drivers front where it was flat after the guy I bought it from hit a wall going purty fast, he also made that rag top, it snapped on, but he didn't add any bracing around the hole & the roof was wavy

I Love ya's ALL !!!

RSS

Last edited by metalmaster1766; July 21st, 2014 at 04:31 AM. Reason: added pic of a Bug I owned
metalmaster1766 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 26th, 2014, 10:24 AM   #7
DrHax
Forum Member

This a car i'm eyeballing. Its been giving me some inspiration!

Last edited by DrHax; July 26th, 2014 at 01:16 PM.
Old July 26th, 2014, 02:26 PM   #8
alykat
Site Supporter

Yeah, George can build some wild stuff. There are more pictures of this one on the KCW (kustomcoachwerks.com) site. I'm not sure which section though (maybe readers rides ?) and it has been a while since he posted anything on it.