Latest Threads
- by yimbo
- by JiI

Old January 8th, 2016, 03:25 AM   #1
metalmaster1766
Site Supporter

Member Photo Albums
Default So BITCH

So here it is a little over 6 hours past my B-day & here I sit in the Flippin ER, late last night my blood pressure was way up, I had a fever & my ankles were so swollen I couldn't get my dadgum shoes on
So far my blood work looks good, had a chest x-ray, it was normal, I don't know what to think, I'm scared, real scared, at least until I hear some good new

Please send me some mojo, but I would prefer prayers

Thank ya everyone, I know I can count on my VW family, & for that I thank you from the bottom of my heart (it's my best organ)
I love ya's all, I'll fill ya's in when I hear more, I hope to go home TODAY
I'll be sure n let ya's know when I hear something

Again, THANKS

Ron

I Love ya's ALL !!!

RSS
metalmaster1766 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 8th, 2016, 03:44 AM   #2
purplemyth
moody witch

Member Photo Albums
Default Re: So BITCH

Hope they get you fixed up Ron, lots of VR mojo with a big armful of prayers
comin at ya !
Originally Posted by fishguts
My attraction to volksrods is that these are bottom-feeders where things are still real ... people scraping together parts, doing their own work and often on a tight budget. Real hot rodding is still alive here.
purplemyth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 8th, 2016, 04:53 AM   #3
nshaddox
Forum Member

Birthday ER trips are no good. Hope you return home soon.
nshaddox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 8th, 2016, 04:54 AM   #4
SCOTTRODS
Site Supporter

MOJO your way, Ron. Nothing more scary than just not knowing... My heart goes out to you and Your wife and family in these times, because I know it's not just you that suffers the fear and trauma.
Old January 8th, 2016, 10:25 AM   #5
d3ghia
Rabble Rouser

Member Photo Albums

AZ MOJO for you Ron! It snowed here yesterday - so it is powerful MOJO this time around!

Happy Birthday too - this year will be a good year for you, sounds like you have been making some progress in the shop and this summer will have the time and room to get some good things made!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unkl Ian View Post
Don't be Fucking stupid.

The bolt is Fucked, it won't fix it's self,
the Bolt Fairy won't fix it, and you can't fix it.

I know there is a Full Moon, but quit Fucking around.
d3ghia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 8th, 2016, 11:43 AM   #6
V8Transporter
Site Supporter

Ron, my Mojo and prayers to you and your family. Initially I thought that being in the ER on your birthday really sucks. But I firmly believe that everything happens for a reason, and a good one at that. Something positive will come out of this, and you'll be back to your shop and filling us all in on your shop and projects. For example, "Today I moved some stuff I hadn't looked through since I greased the hubs in my bug, and found a '52 Buick."
Keep us posted brother, we're all with you.
V8Transporter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 8th, 2016, 12:49 PM   #7
metalmaster1766
Site Supporter

Member Photo Albums

First of all, I got released at 9 am today, WOOHOOO

Second, the title was supposed to be SOME BITCH, but using my lil mini hand held computer sucks, plus I had been up for well over 36 hours & a few valium to settle my ass down

Third, they couldn't find ANYTHING wrong with me, my dadgum feet & lower legs from my knees on down were so swollen it looked like rubber gloves blown up to the size of basket balls, my blood pressure was up because I was scared to death, my neuropathy was flipping out, plus I thought I was loosing my kidney & pancreas, crazy right, no, I made the commitment 15 years & some months earlier to do whatever was necessary to deal with all the thing that go along with organ transplants, trust me when I say it's no picnic but I do everything I hafta do, the side effects from the meds are the easiest part, it's the stuff they don't tell you that are the worst, like cell memory from your donor, when I got my mom's kidney not a lot changed, well I did get mean, but I won't get into that here, it's something I'd rather say rather than type, when I got the pancreas everything changed, I sometimes don't feel like myself, it's tough to put into words, but I'll add a few, my eyes changed colors, I don't like hot spicy food which I loved before, and I feel so young at times, the boy I got it from was 17 years old, he would be 27 ye3ars old now, I sometimes feel like I'm in my 20's, crazt right, I know nothing about my donor exceot his age & how & why he died, that's it

I can't begin to tell ya's how many tests they did to rule this, that or whatever out, then come to find out on December 10th at my last doctors appointment my blood pressure was up, so he put me on a 2nd medication, it lowered my B/P to the point I was so tired I could fall asleep when walking, when my diastolic number is above 89, or more like 100, I have so much energy I don't know what to do because my body won't allow me to do those things, I hurt so bad I sometimes can't walk for at least a day, sometimes 2, but I give it my best
I'd explain more about this but it's getting long as it is (sorry ), but what the heck, I'll tell ya's anyway, after seeing my 1st nephrologist who retired in 2014 learned I'm not like most patients, he referred to me as a 2%er, what worked for 98% of all his other patients didn't work for me, he let my diastolic number (the 2nd number in you B/P for those that don't know) go to 95, this new doc hasn't learned this yet even tho I have tried to tell him, "read over my chart" I said, I'll get him trained

On to what I learned after 4 hours is the B/P med he put me in can cause swelling of the feet, hands, legs, it doesn't sat that on the side effect paper that comes with the meds, I guess I'll reread it again to make sure, if not I'll hafta do something about it

So I sit here waiting on my doctors office to call me back to setup a follow up appointment, then again I may be looking for a new nephrologist real soon if things don't go the way I want

Thank you all very much for the VR mojo & prayers, I'm sure it was the VR/VW mojo that helped me the most, then comes GOD

Hopefully all the bad is over for this year, but we're only into the 1st day of the 2nd week, my therapy is gonna be making custom parts, machining custom parts for my VR, just maybe I can come up with something that lots of ya's like & I can donate the proceeds to pay for fuel & give back to this site for all it has done for me, it brought me to all you, besides my wife who is my #1 best friend, I have 2 other great friends who I met a little over 10 years ago, then 9 years ago this August I joined this place, I consider all of you as my best friends, better than any of the friends I have known since I started kindergarten, I physically help most of them fix & repair their cars, when I needed help, they had something to do, one of them's grandma died at least 6 times, it was always so odd the funeral was the day I needed help

One more thing before I finish, when I die, my funeral isn't gonna be like most, why, what are the 1st 3 letters of funeral, yes "FUN" I want it to be a party celebrating my dash, if you have never hear about it, it's the thing between the year you were born & the day you died, your life, in my 50 years, I have had "one hell of a dash" & I plan to have many many more years to add to it, I have my good days which are GREAT, I have days were I'm miserable, but, those days are also GREAT, I look forward to to each & every one of them no matter how good or bad they turn out

I'm out, THANKS AGAIN everyone

Ron

I Love ya's ALL !!!

RSS

Last edited by metalmaster1766; January 8th, 2016 at 12:54 PM.
Old January 11th, 2016, 07:56 AM   #8
metalmaster1766
Site Supporter

Member Photo Albums

Just a warning, this may be long winded as well as a bit of ranting here n there

Well my doc finally called me back late Friday evening about an hour after the office closed, he doesn't wanna make a follow up appointment, told me to wait until March for the appointment I made back in December at my last visit, I see him every 3 months as well as my other 2 doctors, the main reason he doesn't wanna see me is because all the tests came back normal, & they gave me every test they can give someone, looks like I've already reached my deductible & it's only the 2nd week of the year, another year of playing catch up with hospital bills
Back to my doc, so I asked him about the B/P med he put me on in December, the one the ER doc told me can cause swelling of the ankles & feet, it doesn't mention that on the list of side effects, he said it is a rare side effect, that's probably why it isn't listed, well I think it should be as it caused me all kinds of trouble, I really thought I was in a very bad place, so I was told to cut the pills in half & the doc said he's gonna try to find something different, I don't really want to take anything more than I do now, or I should say as of December, when my B/P is where the doctors want it, all I do is lay around & sleep or nod off looking like a bobble head, or like a drug addict, I DON'T LIKE THAT FEELING OR THE LOOK, I take my meds responsibly & as prescribed, I abuse nothing, even if & when I do use weed I don't do it until I'm stoned out of my mind, I use it to take the edge off when I am hurting & the prescription meds just don't cut it, I use it to give me an appetite when I feel like I can't eat, yes, I went a few months without it over the summer, I lost some weight, so I started using it again in a responsible manner, but hey, I have had to be a responsible individual since getting diagnosed with diabetes

OK, so now that I'm done bitching about it I'll share a picture of my ankles & feet from Saturday afternoon when I startted getting hot & took off my socks, they are the short socks but you can see exactly where they stop, my right leg was much worse than my left, I just wish I'd a got a picture Friday at the hospital because they were 3 times as swollen

But hey, my B/P is right where they want it, last check it was 133/66, I could sit on the couch, but I'd doze off for 20 minutes, then up for 20 minutes, when it's 177/95 I have so much energy I could work out in the shop for at least 8 hours before I need to take a break & that's mainly do to my back, neck & legs hurting, my legs are from the neuropathy, my feet always feel like they are about 4000 degrees from the neuropathy, it's the feeling of red hot spikes in my feet with a twisting motion every few minutes that I've grown accustom too

Right now it's a record high temp of 9 degrees, I may go out & finish machining 2 dials for my Bridgeport, one day I'll invest in a digital read out, but hell, I learned using dials holding tolerances of + or - 0.003" at the moment I use my 1 inch travel indicators, it works ok except for the fact you hafta move them every inch, but hey, it's better than nothing, oh yeah, I feel like I could walk to my workshop in the 1/2" of snow bare foot, but I'd just end up with frostbite & that's not something I wanna deal with
I am gonna get all my machines going, get all the parts made, then get my universal surface/tool & cutter grinder going, I just need to mount a motor on it & make a couple V-pulleys made

Y'all have a terrific week, I'm gonna keep myself as busy as I possibly can, I'll hafta dress warm now that the frigid temps are here, I just hope they stay until March gets here, oh, 1 last thought, it's almost been a week since I've started Evill up, the back of the car has been hanging out from under the carport, it look cold, maybe I'll set my phone up on a tripod & get it on video for ya's, I'll only share it if it fires right up, if not, I'll just tell ya's that it was frozen solid

Ron

I Love ya's ALL !!!

RSS