Latest Threads
- by yimbo
- by JiI

Old December 5th, 2015, 10:59 AM   #26
d3ghia
Rabble Rouser

Member Photo Albums
Default Re: approving member requests

When I joined - it seemed to be the tail end of the flurry of activity that was happening in here. I was in here several times a day - and enjoyed talking with so many of you - and making friends of "kindred spirits" even though some of you are thousands of miles from me.

When things started slowing down - I think Kim nailed it - Life happens while you are making other plans. I still come in here a few times a day - but will sometimes go a few days without "logging in" and just view anonymous.

I really hope that nobody took my initial post in this thread as a "blame the Bossman". Nothing could be further from the truth. I am grateful that he and the rest of you that started this back on STF (yes, I went and read the history - as well as talking with Rob) brought this whole thing together. It is an amazing undertaking and I love that you all spent so much time to make it happen.

No, my post was meant more as a motivator to re-energize or possibly restructure a few things to account for life changing in people's lives. Maybe the initial core of Mods could expand to include one or two people that could help. Maybe the member approval could expand to include a "two mod" approval process. Things like that. I know Steve is making good on everything that he says - dream it and make it happen. He has done a wonderful job - even if he is scared of bees, lol!

As far as the other items, Calendars, T-shirts etc - I agree that it is very important to retain the sanctity of the "brand" as well as the code of ethics that prevails within Volksrods that doesn't seem to prevail at other sites. Which, by the way, is one of the main few reasons that I stay here and spend my time with all of you. We all may be a bit different, but at the core - we seem to all share the same values of honesty, hard work, honor. I love this place.

Several of you have helped me tremendously over the past few years and also inspire me to be better.

I know I talk too much too - so I will keep this short - but thank you Carlene for talking with Steve and Rob and Ryan.

Thank you guys for not banning me for sometimes saying things the wrong way - I genuinely love this place and all the crazy friends that I have made here.

I would love to do anything that I can from Arizona to help this place or anyone that needs it here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unkl Ian View Post
Don't be Fucking stupid.

The bolt is Fucked, it won't fix it's self,
the Bolt Fairy won't fix it, and you can't fix it.

I know there is a Full Moon, but quit Fucking around.
d3ghia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 6th, 2015, 10:43 AM   #27
V8Transporter
Site Supporter

Nope, you don't talk too much. If everyone were banned for saying something perceived by someone to be "the wrong way," this site would be empty.

I enjoy hanging out on this site. The people are fun, projects ingenious, innovative and brilliant. Even if it's slow at times, there's an energy here that other sites (IMHO) seem to lack.

Steve and the moderators should be up for some 'website sainthood award thingie.'
V8Transporter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 6th, 2015, 11:01 AM   #28
alykat
Site Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by V8Transporter View Post
Nope, you don't talk too much. If everyone were banned for saying something perceived by someone to be "the wrong way," this site would be empty.

I enjoy hanging out on this site. The people are fun, projects ingenious, innovative and brilliant. Even if it's slow at times, there's an energy here that other sites (IMHO) seem to lack.

Steve and the moderators should be up for some 'website sainthood award thingie.'
^^^^^^^AGREED !!!^^^^^^^
Old December 6th, 2015, 08:09 PM   #29
HeidelbergJohn4.0
Forum Member

Yup. Life gets in the way. For me, I changed jobs and was travelling ALOT, My son started playing lacrosse pretty much year-round for 3-4 years, and the past 3 summers, we were at the beach every weekend I wasn't in Missouri for work. I'm still in touch with a few guys her on FB or by text.

Daughter graduated, son is now in High school, so I'm not coaching and all that shit and my travel won't kick up again for about 6-7 months. Hopefully I'll get things going again.
Old January 10th, 2016, 12:53 PM   #30
tattooed_pariah
Site Supporter

Member Photo Albums

Not sure if this link will work, but another facebook VolksRods group member trying to get their account approved.. and more popping up in the comments for the post..

https://www.facebook.com/groups/2398..._comment_reply

"I never trust a fighting man who doesn't smoke or drink or at least cause a little trouble." -Admiral William Frederick Halsey Jr.
===========
Feel free to stare and admire,
but kindly tell me if it's on fire!

1972 VolksRod "Effigy" Build Thread
1986 Honda Shadow VT1100 Work Thread
tattooed_pariah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 11th, 2016, 05:28 AM   #31
purplemyth
moody witch

Member Photo Albums

Bossman got em going :)
Originally Posted by fishguts
My attraction to volksrods is that these are bottom-feeders where things are still real ... people scraping together parts, doing their own work and often on a tight budget. Real hot rodding is still alive here.
purplemyth is online now   Reply With Quote
Old January 11th, 2016, 08:48 AM   #32
metalmaster1766
Site Supporter

Member Photo Albums

I only read the posts on this page & 1 or 2 from the page before
IF anybody talks to much it was me, altho I was a bit silent for a few months of last year do to computer problems, & now I think someone is trying to scam me by saying my computer is infected again, I get a call a few days ago saying my pc was infected, it has 1936 issues & I need to pay $366 so they can fix it, I told them fine, where can I send a check to? then was told I can only use a credit or debit card, I'll call AOL & see what they say, they fixed it for free last time, & to think we had thought about canceling it

I know I should send in a donation, I can afford a few $20's a year, I just need to know who or where to send a check too, I refuse to use my debit card on the computer, had my identity stolen 4 times to many, 2 of those times had nothing to do with the internet, it was my health insurance, had to file bankruptcy, that still sucks & is gonna suck until around 2020, yes the laws have changed

I for one love this place as well, I feel I have more friends here than I do in real life, I also haven't been doing much work on my Volksrod like I was, but I am trying to make some custom & one of a kind parts, once I do finally get my shop in order I hope to make lots more stuff & help donate more to this site

I'm not here everyday like I once was, but I do stop in a few times a week, I always make sure I'm signed on when I come here, I don't post as much as I once did unless I have something to show, I also don't have the energy to do what I once did, but that goes along with my health issues which I do have a lot of, I just wish I'd a found this place back when it started, I got my 1st computer X-mas of 2000, a week later I had my kidney transplant, I spent all of 2001 searching everything VW, didn't find this place until 2007, that was by complete accident, I did however learn how to do foundry & black smith work between 2001 & 2003

Now that I think about it, I have no idea what any of what I said has to do with anything, but I do know a few things, my Volksrod T-shirt is starting to wear out, I try not to wear it very much, hell if my plans go the way I'd like them to I'll pay for a batch of T-shirts to be made, all proceeds go back to the site, but, that's only if life lets me do what I want without throwing a wrench into my gear box, only time shall tell

Again, who & where can I send a check for my donation?
I believe I asked that question once before but never got any reply

Ron

I Love ya's ALL !!!

RSS
metalmaster1766 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 11th, 2016, 09:13 AM   #33
DrHax
Forum Member

I've slipped yet I consider this place to be a home of mine. A very good wealth of outsider vw information... The samba can be stuck up and shove thier agendas down your throat.

Here you just get the obligatory

Is it done yet?

You guys are the best resource to a driver vw. If the samba was the only place. I would have fallen out of vws with how the local communities are.

I'd love a shirt..

Dude...you are sooo fucked!
DrHax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 13th, 2016, 02:30 AM   #34
Hebster52
Forum Member

I’ve been a lot less here the past years too but still keep coming back every now and then as I feel this is more like home as I was here from the start… I remember when we were just 14 members here…

Still keep posting some in my own threads and even post some that I don’t post anywhere else… (The Hebster progress..)

I’m also into ordering new Volksrods.com T-shirts as the ones I have start to fall apart…

HebsterWerks The secret workshop..
Hebster's projects in the introsection.
Cuttin' them splits up!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve
"What stripping?... all I see is bare metal!"

Hebster52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 22nd, 2016, 07:21 AM   #35
mkparker
Forum Member

Quote:
Again, who & where can I send a check for my donation?

Site Support here

mkparker is offline   Reply With Quote