Newest Member: jessup

Latest Threads
- by yimbo
- by JiI

Old March 7th, 2017, 08:52 PM   #76
metalmaster1766
Site Supporter

Member Photo Albums
Default Re: Just so ya know, this weather sucks!

We had some torrential down pours overnight last night, they lasted about 20 to 30 minutes long with an hour between them, the storm water pond next door would get about 3 feet of water at its deepest point

I never did check my rain gauge yet, but after the storms that went thru a few days ago that had a few tornados about 25 miles away left 4 inches of rain in my gauge, then it froze up the next morning

Like I said, I'm waiting for it to snow this July or August, we can't rely on seasons like we once could

Our tulips are about 5 inches tall

Ron

I Love ya's ALL !!!

RSS
metalmaster1766 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 7th, 2017, 10:47 PM   #77
JiI
Forum Member

Location: Mokena, IL Yep, that's me falling down a sand dune in Michigan...
Member Photo Albums

Had a small town about 45 minutes from us get hit by a F3 last week. There is a bald eagle rookery nearby we are worried about too.
Actually got out to the shop today and probably tomorrow. Got something to show you guys.
Jeff
JiI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 13th, 2017, 10:04 AM   #78
JiI
Forum Member

Member Photo Albums

Woke up to this crap. More expected...

Jeff
Old March 13th, 2017, 10:54 AM   #79
V8Transporter
Site Supporter

So far we've had several sunny days of what is termed unseasonably warm weather. Yesterday in the direct sun it was in the mid-70's, with rain again at the end of the week. A friend who studies weather as a hobby tells me that we're in for a severe storm next month. His thinks it will be like the storms of 1862/3 where massive flooding had about half of California under water. Just what we need.
V8Transporter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 23rd, 2017, 09:05 AM   #80
metalmaster1766
Site Supporter

Member Photo Albums

Tuesday afternoon I was out in my garage putting a hasp & lock on my garage door after finding out how pushing in on the center of the door & lifting you can open it while locked, it was nice warm & sunny

I marked where I was gonna mount it, opened the door, drilled 3 holes in the wood for the screws, I then started screwing the screws in so they wouldn't be so hard to screw in when mounting it, after the first screw a storm started rolling in, there was lots of lightning & thunder off in the distance, by the time I got to the last screw it was raining & the lightning was closer, real close, I thought I had enough time to finish that last screw, then it happened, I seen a spark jump from a piece of metal leaning against the side of my garage to the electrical box where all my 3 phase electric goes out to my machines, it was about 6 inches long, I dove as far as I could inside my garage to a clear spot on the floor when a super bright flash of light & a super loud crash of thunder echoed thru out the area, when all was done I closed everything up & started hurrying to the house when my neighbor behind me yelled, I told him to call me, he told me the light pole in my next door neighbors yard about 25 feet from that side of my garage got struck by lightning

Scared the HELL out of me, I have no idea if I would have felt a jolt from that if I had not jumped when I did, I just know it was way to close for me

Ron

I Love ya's ALL !!!

RSS
Old March 23rd, 2017, 10:18 AM   #81
V8Transporter
Site Supporter

Yesterday, Sherrie and I rode our motorcycles over about fifteen miles of back roads to Calistoga for lunch. While there were some big puffy clouds, there was lots of encouraging blue. Weather called for clouds and sun, with possibly a late shower or two. We's talked it over and decided to go for it. It was actually sunny, sort of like right now, when we left Forestville. This was her second ride since her surgery and she did really well.
During our meal some and a game of cribbage, dark clouds started building in the direction of our return ride. Just outside of Calistoga, Sherrie was leading and said over our helmet radios, "The cars coming toward us have their windshield wipers going!" We did seven miiles in the wet stuff, breaking out of it a few miles from home. This was Sherrie’s first time in the rain. Nope, no rain suits, but we survived.
Old March 23rd, 2017, 09:20 PM   #82
JiI
Forum Member

Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalmaster1766 View Post
Tuesday afternoon I was out in my garage putting a hasp & lock on my garage door after finding out how pushing in on the center of the door & lifting you can open it while locked, it was nice warm & sunny

I marked where I was gonna mount it, opened the door, drilled 3 holes in the wood for the screws, I then started screwing the screws in so they wouldn't be so hard to screw in when mounting it, after the first screw a storm started rolling in, there was lots of lightning & thunder off in the distance, by the time I got to the last screw it was raining & the lightning was closer, real close, I thought I had enough time to finish that last screw, then it happened, I seen a spark jump from a piece of metal leaning against the side of my garage to the electrical box where all my 3 phase electric goes out to my machines, it was about 6 inches long, I dove as far as I could inside my garage to a clear spot on the floor when a super bright flash of light & a super loud crash of thunder echoed thru out the area, when all was done I closed everything up & started hurrying to the house when my neighbor behind me yelled, I told him to call me, he told me the light pole in my next door neighbors yard about 25 feet from that side of my garage got struck by lightning

Scared the HELL out of me, I have no idea if I would have felt a jolt from that if I had not jumped when I did, I just know it was way to close for me

Ron
Hey Ron, don't do that.
Old March 24th, 2017, 06:20 AM   #83
metalmaster1766
Site Supporter

Member Photo Albums

When I went outside to look Wednesday the light post in my neighbor's yard was down, it was for the horse shoe pit that was there until the stakes rusted thru about 10 years ago
Inside it was a piece of 1/2" conduit that was resting on the ground leaning against the wall about 6" away from where my 3 phase goes out to all the machines, I felt some static electricity just a few seconds before I seen the spark jump, my hair felt like it was starting to stand up, that's what made me take a dive, that's about the time I seen the bright flash & the deafening sound
I'm just glad I had a clear place to land, if I hadn't jumped when I did I may not be here, or I may have had to take a trip to the ER & have severe burns & brain damage, well I honestly can't say I don't have a bit of brain damage from all the times my wife found me unconscious from low blood sugar between my kidney & pancreas transplants, that's another story

Ron

I Love ya's ALL !!!

RSS
Old March 24th, 2017, 07:44 AM   #84
V8Transporter
Site Supporter

Got heavy rain again today, but thankfully, no lightning. Damn, Ron, usually when I read about something like you experienced it involves a name beginning with "The late."
Old March 24th, 2017, 01:16 PM   #85
JiI
Forum Member

Member Photo Albums

FINALLY it's 80* right now. Bought the 4' pan, working on that. The muscles are wondering what I'm doing. Heading out to grill some bratwurst and enjoy the day

Oh, and it make it 6 months ago today that Mia adopted us!!
Jeff